News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The cabins are not currently all dog friendly as speculation is that it's already limited to specific loops. I think the worst part with dogs is that it's $50 per night. That's a crazy amount and seems more to discourage people. I've been curious how many don't declare they have a dog, to get around cost, and are just assigned a room and drive straight there figuring no one will know until housekeeping enters.
Well no Hotel operator, store, public space really WANTS dogs in them…do they?

I get why people want to bring them…but is it really a great idea for the operator?
Nope

pdude81

So we got the layout down with the bathroom on the opposite side of the bathroom from the living room. A second vanity outside the bathtub just off the kitchen is odd. I get it, 6 people would prefer 2 vanities but most parties are not 6 people and would likely prefer just about anything over a vanity in the living area. No washer/dryer mentioned. We'll see what it end up looking like but I wonder if the second vanity was ever planned to be a w/d.

I've wanted to love this but so far I'm not liking layout decisions.
The vanity outside the bathroom is normal for their recent builds. It's the one that's inside the bathroom that's weird, honestly. Too often they have toilets with no sink in the bathroom, which I personally think is gross. Please let us wash our hands before we have to touch a doorknob or latch.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The vanity outside the bathroom is normal for their recent builds. It's the one that's inside the bathroom that's weird, honestly. Too often they have toilets with no sink in the bathroom, which I personally think is gross. Please let us wash our hands before we have to touch a doorknob or latch.

The vanity outside the bathroom is described as being just off the kitchen. Where I think I've seen in other resorts with two vanity locations, it's at least around the corner and not visible to people in the kitchen or living room. Like, if someone putting on makeup at the outer vanity people are sitting right there at the kitchen table watching.

The bathroom has a vanity in room with toilet, thankfully. You can see that vanity in the newest rendering, the mirror is shaped like a cross cut tree.

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
So how have they created the extra space around the queen bed in the bedroom? Is it bigger because the bathroom’s been moved? That makes the bedroom slightly more palatable, but it’s still not a master bedroom.

The lack of a washer / dryer and a full kitchen is also an issue for me. And one bathroom for 6 isn’t great.

They’re clearly after the same people who currently book the cabins. But whether those people will want to buy is another matter. And if the cash price is higher than the current cost then that might rule out many of the current cabin fans.

For those who like the current 1-bed villas, these are a definite downgrade. But for bigger families they might be quite popular. I would think they could be a popular choice for renters.
They created extra space in the bedroom by turning the bed 90 degrees and putting it on the right wall instead of the back wall. I imagine that the "length" of the bedroom is a little longer compared to existing layout. This needed space comes either entirely or mostly by reducing the width of the bathroom.

Old bathroom:

Screenshot_20231213_134725_Chrome.jpg

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They created extra space in the bedroom by turning the bed 90 degrees and putting it on the right wall instead of the back wall. I imagine that the "length" of the bedroom is a little longer compared to existing layout. This needed space comes either entirely or mostly by reducing the width of the bathroom.

Old bathroom:

View attachment 758764

New bathroom probably laid out like this:

View attachment 758765

Ignore the shower window and everything but the design: vanity, toilet, shower on end.

No tub? How the heck do they expect you to bathe young children? Hold them while you shower?

LAKid53

Premium Member
So how have they created the extra space around the queen bed in the bedroom? Is it bigger because the bathroom’s been moved? That makes the bedroom slightly more palatable, but it’s still not a master bedroom.

The lack of a washer / dryer and a full kitchen is also an issue for me. And one bathroom for 6 isn’t great.

They’re clearly after the same people who currently book the cabins. But whether those people will want to buy is another matter. And if the cash price is higher than the current cost then that might rule out many of the current cabin fans.

For those who like the current 1-bed villas, these are a definite downgrade. But for bigger families they might be quite popular. I would think they could be a popular choice for renters.

I had hoped they put the stove back in. A two burner cooktop and a convection microwave (which never worked properly) isn't a kitchen in a one bedroom, IMHO.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
No tub? How the heck do they expect you to bathe young children? Hold them while you shower?
Just going by the description saying shower on the website. Maybe it'll be a combo? In retired cabins it's a combo. Or maybe some will have combos and some are shower only? I believe Copper Creek has separate booking categories like that.
I had hoped they put the stove back in. A two burner cooktop and a convection microwave (which never worked properly) isn't a kitchen in a one bedroom, IMHO.
Yeah, I'd prefer a stove too! That said, I barely use my one at home in favor of a counter oven. We barely used the existing cabin thing so I don't remember having an opinion other than "it'd be difficult to do a Thanksgiving meal in here."

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just going by the description saying shower on the website. Maybe it'll be a combo? In retired cabins it's a combo. Or maybe some will have combos and some are shower only? I believe Copper Creek has separate booking categories like that.

The studios do have a shower only category, in addition to the shower/tub combo. It's just strange that something that is clearly geared towards a family with kids wouldn't have a shower/tub combo in the bathroom.

Yeah, I'd prefer a stove too! That said, I barely use my one at home in favor of a counter oven. We barely used the existing cabin thing so I don't remember having an opinion other than "it'd be difficult to do a Thanksgiving meal in here."

I tried using the convection-microwave in the cabins. It was a failure. Would be nice if a MANUAL was provided. Almost thought about buying a small toaster oven at Publix.

LAKid53

Premium Member
If they were in another resort yes. But needing a golf cart rental just puts the cost too high for what I'm willing to spend.

You'd be surprised the number of guests who either tow their own or rent a cart from a 3rd party.

Fido Chuckwagon

New information with some new renderings are out.

View attachment 758745

"Find tranquility in your private one-bedroom cabin, complete with many comforts of home.

Set amid the beauty of the great outdoors, each cabin sleeps up to 6, and some can even accommodate dogs. All offer a restful retreat with charming touches and many conveniences.

Through the sconce-flanked front doors is a spacious living area featuring a dining nook and a fully equipped kitchen—including a refrigerator, dishwasher, convection/microwave oven and 2 countertop burners. Off the kitchen you’ll find a vanity area outside the entrance to the bathroom, which has a shower and an additional vanity inside. A convertible seating and sleeping area is located opposite the kitchen and boasts a 65-inch TV and a comfortable sofa—the perfect spot to gather your family to watch a favorite Disney movie. At bedtime, simply fold down the queen-size Inova bed from the wall, for added sleeping space. In the separate bedroom, you’ll find a queen-size bed, twin-size bunk beds, a 55-inch TV, a closet and a nightstand.

Each morning you can draw the curtains back to reveal floor-to-ceiling windows and your own personal patio deck, where you can bask in the glories of nature while firing up the charcoal grill and dining al fresco."
Lack of a washer/dryer is a problem. That’s one of the benefits to DVC/1 bedroom units.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom