News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO Ft Wilderness TinyHome DVC is a no-brainer financially for Disney. Their costs should be minimal while maximizing profits. Customers pay for the units, maintenance, taxes, and now the road, landscaping, and shared facilities. unit has issues, replace it. Exposure is limited for Disney as any nature-incurred incident (such as one of those lovely pine trees gets knocked over on top of a unit from wind, tornado, or just fate) gets fixed by either maintenance dues or special assessment.

Disstevefan1

DVC did not destroy WDW. DVC is simply another way to stay at WDW. What is destroying WDW in my opinion:
"De-theming" in many resorts (INCLUDING DVC)
Changing or creating attractions merely to include IPs
Changing attractions for the wrong reasons and making them worse.
Constant price increases on EVERYTHING that vastly outpace inflation.
Not adding attractions fast enough to handle the crowds.
Taking WAY TOO LONG to do anything (except building DVCs, they can do this FAST)
PARK PASS RESERVATIONS that do NOTHING to reduce crowds, it just aggravates guests.
Genie+ ILL
I could go on.

SteveAZee

Premium Member
DVC did not destroy WDW. DVC is simply another way to stay at WDW. What is destroying WDW in my opinion:
"De-theming" in many resorts (INCLUDING DVC)
Changing or creating attractions merely to include IPs
Changing attractions for the wrong reasons and making them worse.
Constant price increases on EVERYTHING that vastly outpace inflation.
Not adding attractions fast enough to handle the crowds.
Taking WAY TOO LONG to do anything (except building DVCs, they can do this FAST)
PARK PASS RESERVATIONS that do NOTHING to reduce crowds, it just aggravates guests.
Genie+ ILL
I could go on.
I wouldn't worry about it. There was a guy on this very board who said that Disney is invincible... perhaps you two should have a conversation.

Calmdownnow

Exposure is limited for Disney as any nature-incurred incident (such as one of those lovely pine trees gets knocked over on top of a unit from wind, tornado, or just fate) gets fixed by either maintenance dues or special assessment.
I may be wrong, but when I got my DVC contracts, I believe they stated that I had an X% ownership of building Y at SSR and I understood that to mean that I had some fiscal responsibility/loss with other owners of building Y if that building was wiped out (not just damaged) by a nature-incurred incident. If I have a percentage ownership of a cabin, say cabin 0001, (with far fewer co-owners than of a whole building at SSR) and nature-incurred incidents wipe the prefab out, do I have to pay for the re-build with that handful of others who have a % ownership of cabin 0001, or is that risk spread out across all cabin owners? It will be interesting to see if the contract wording for the cabins links "ownership interest" (and hence, total loss liability) to a specific cabin or if it is spread across all ownership interests for the resort. In which case the contract wording is likely to be different to existing DVC contracts.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
I may be wrong, but when I got my DVC contracts, I believe they stated that I had an X% ownership of building Y at SSR and I understood that to mean that I had some fiscal responsibility/loss with other owners of building Y if that building was wiped out (not just damaged) by a nature-incurred incident. If I have a percentage ownership of a cabin, say cabin 0001, (with far fewer co-owners than of a whole building at SSR) and nature-incurred incidents wipe the prefab out, do I have to pay for the re-build with that handful of others who have a % ownership of cabin 0001, or is that risk spread out across all cabin owners? It will be interesting to see if the contract wording for the cabins links "ownership interest" (and hence, total loss liability) to a specific cabin or if it is spread across all ownership interests for the resort. In which case the contract wording is likely to be different to existing DVC contracts.
The wording of all of the existing resorts is that resorts owners are all in it together, regardless of specific building owned.

Calmdownnow

The wording of all of the existing resorts is that resorts owners are all in it together, regardless of specific building owned.
That's great. I mean, you know that the wording for the Cabins is going to make it plain that "all resort owners are in it together" and a wipeout of your ownership cabin is the responsibility of all dvc owners at the Cabins. Great. Can't wait to see the wording in the contract.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That's great. I mean, you know that the wording for the Cabins is going to make it plain that "all resort owners are in it together" and a wipeout of your ownership cabin is the responsibility of all dvc owners at the Cabins. Great. Can't wait to see the wording in the contract.
How many times do your conspiracy theories need to be shot down before you stop proposing them?

Calmdownnow

How many times do your conspiracy theories need to be shot down before you stop proposing them?
Oh, for heavens sake, stop dismissing people who don't bow down to you as less than. We can all express our views here and expect people to respond to the content, not your "I am a God, and you can't disagree with me", complex. You may post a lot but you are not the ultimate oracle or the 500 lb gorilla in the jungle that steamrollers everyone else. Listen to other people and stop being nasty when they don't bow to your bullying.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Oh, for heavens sake, stop dismissing people who don't bow down to you as less than. We can all express our views here and expect people to respond to the content, not your "I am a God, and you can't disagree with me", complex. You may post a lot but you are not the ultimate oracle or the 500 lb gorilla in the jungle that steamrollers everyone else. Listen to other people and stop being nasty when they don't bow to your bullying.
What you have proposed in this thread, repeatedly, is not a matter of opinion or one's "views." You are proposing things that are factually incorrect. We're all entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts.

correcaminos

I guess it’s technically LESS MOBBED, but still super mobbed during these times.
Florida Spring break week is really bad too. I do not think it helped the crowds at all. This year was worse than any other year in the history of us going then. Oddly wait times a few weeks later for Easter/Passover were better.

I don't think the park reservations help to reduce crowds in the end. It just makes it so no one will have to be turned away at the gate like Universal had to do this year or Disney had to do in years past.

nickys

Premium Member
I imagine it’s standard wording. SSR, OKW and the Poly all have separate buildings. And CCV with their cabins. This is no different in that regard.

Ayla

The FW cabin units are not individually owned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom