Disney updates park rules and begins adding signs at park entrances

ninjaprincesst

That is the way six flags does their child pricing - by height. It makes a lot of sense since the ride restrictions are by height.
Yes, the people complaining about Disney should try Six Flags pricing at three years old my daughter was free at Disney at six flags I had to pay for a ticket before she was two because she is tall.

sloppy.joey

As am I - I often use an ECig, and have ALWAYS gone to a designated smoking area to do so.

HOWEVER - the policy was VERY poorly worded: It could be used AGAINST them... Someone is going to lodge a complaint over items that have nothing to DO with the inhalation of Nicotine - then try to sue.

"e. For the comfort of all Guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas."

Does WDW realize that they have a formal policy regulating asthma inhalers and spray on sunscreen to designated smoking areas? This is "another product", and it produces "a vapor". All they had to do was spell out devices emitting any measurable quantity of Nicotine - as in, over the detection limit of any current instrumentation.

How to fix the mess: exclude medical devices - asthma inhalers, oxygen tanks, spray on sunscreen... and watch out for medical MJ, if you go for "medical devices".
Well I do think spray on suncreen should have a designated area cause that stuff goes all over, stings your eyes, and stinks, but back on topic lol cast members and managers are the ones who enforce the policy and no one is going to take away an inhaler from a kid who is having an asthma attack or make them go to a smoking area. I believe it's quite clear that even if it's just water vapor, for the comfort of all guests, anything that can be interpreted as cigarette smoke must be done so in the designated area.

CAPTAIN HOOK

How can they say a 13 year old needs to be accompanied by an adult when Disney itself considers 13 year old's adults!?! silly...

Disney charges TEN YEAR OLDS admission/dining plan as adults.

When it comes to having unaccompanied kids running about in the parks Disney will pick a random age to call them adults. But if Disney can make more money out of a kid they become adults so much younger and charge them full price.

fugawe09

The rules seem pretty typical of public entertainment venues. On the vapor item, I think most reasonable people read it to mean e-cigarettes not sunscreen. Not to say there aren't plenty of unreasonable people out there. But I'm curious, if there are any lawyers on here, if someone could really successfully sue a venue for lack of code of conduct enforcement or irregular enforcement as long as any irregularities were not based on "protected" categories (like race, religion, disability, etc). Since "e-cigarette user" is not a protected category, I don't know how far a discrimination lawsuit would go because the "vapor rule" wasn't equally applied to a smoker and an asthmatic. Although such a suit would have some irony, because the smoker's kids are more likely to need asthma inhalers.

misterID

@draybook I so agree with rule enforcement! It just seems like unless a "customer" complains, then the CMs "let it go"! Sadly, I know that these rules are difficult to truly enforce 100% of the time, however, the CMs should be trained to be a bit more vigilant!:(:mad:
Aggressive guests are also a problem when they're confronted. And it's never who you suspect. I've seen an average Mom go from Donna Reed to Joe Pesci in Goodfellas in as fast as it takes to say, "Ma'am, could you please remove your son from the fountain."

WDW1974

Yep.

I do recall telling y'all this was coming months ago.

Disney Legal is literally running the parks now completely.

Just ask Andy 'Fidel's Little Bro' Castro how they have destroyed the seating areas at the entrance to the castle in Anaheim because 187 people have jumped to their MAGICal demises in the past decade alone.

Cesar R M

Yes, the people complaining about Disney should try Six Flags pricing at three years old my daughter was free at Disney at six flags I had to pay for a ticket before she was two because she is tall.
maybe they should paid by weight and not height.

Yep.

I do recall telling y'all this was coming months ago.

Disney Legal is literally running the parks now completely.

Just ask Andy 'Fidel's Little Bro' Castro how they have destroyed the seating areas at the entrance to the castle in Anaheim because 187 people have jumped to their MAGICal demises in the past decade alone.
wait... what???

Seabasealpha1

any response from Disney would have brought more publicity to the film. Which I am sure is what the makers wanted. I think it was actually a good play on Disney's part to ignore it.

True that...but even if it had made more publicity...the film would have sucked. They could have used frickin' Kings Island (which is two hours from my house!) and it still would have sucked...

jakeman

As am I - I often use an ECig, and have ALWAYS gone to a designated smoking area to do so.

HOWEVER - the policy was VERY poorly worded: It could be used AGAINST them... Someone is going to lodge a complaint over items that have nothing to DO with the inhalation of Nicotine - then try to sue.

"e. For the comfort of all Guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas."

Does WDW realize that they have a formal policy regulating asthma inhalers and spray on sunscreen to designated smoking areas? This is "another product", and it produces "a vapor". All they had to do was spell out devices emitting any measurable quantity of Nicotine - as in, over the detection limit of any current instrumentation.

How to fix the mess: exclude medical devices - asthma inhalers, oxygen tanks, spray on sunscreen... and watch out for medical MJ, if you go for "medical devices".
I think common sense would dictate that if you were in the midst of an asthma attack there isn't an expectation to hunt down the one place in the park that's going to make it worse.

I'm not sure Disney wants to get into the details of the pharmacology of e-cigarettes on a poster board outside the park.

Additionally, neither medical marijuana nor sunscreen would be considered a medical device. They would be therapeutics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom