Disney updates park rules and begins adding signs at park entrances

Mawg

Disneyland use to be pretty strict about not letting in outside food or drink (with exceptions to special diets, infants and water). I wonder if they will be more tolerant of this now that it looks the same as WDW?

Mawg

Too bad Disney doesn't enforce THAT breaking of the law. They should at least throw them out.
I would bet they have thrown people out for this if they caught them, they could call the police and have them arrested for public urination. My point is only that Disney should not have to post rules that are already against the law, like murder or indecent exposure or assault. But maybe they should add a line that states any criminal behavior will result in arrest and a revoked ticket.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I understand that aspect - but I still think it's ironic that they call a 13 year old a child by guidelines yet by monetary standards they've been adults for three years.
"Adult" and "Child" are just pricing terms in this context. They could just as easily refer to them as small and large, junior and senior or tall and grande.

note2001

Parents need to understand, regardless of age, they are still responsible for the actions of their minor. Safety standpoint wise, no child should be on their own until they are capable of keeping themselves safe, following rules and speaking up loudly if anyone were to try and grab them.

Fourteen and up is a decent age to assume a child will be able to follow rules, be respectful and be able to look after themselves to a good degree. However, each child has their own age at which they can meet all of the above. While I have one who has shown he could follow rules and directions well since he was 8 but was still too young to assess danger, I also have another who didn't start to show responsibility until she was 16. And with my nephews, I doubt the oldest will be able to be on his own in a park at 14 as he does not think things through and behaves impulsively regardless of rules while his little brother is more like my first born. Parents need to know their child before assuming that since a sign says 14 and older that it's safe for their child to go it alone.

note2001

My kids are older now and do not need a stroller but I noticed those dimensions pretty much rule out double strollers. And the ECVs need to go at a "walking" pace. Are they really going to enforce these?

With the new magic bands they can track how fast a person travels from point A to point B and issue an electronic ticket for speeding. :D (cha-ching)

What walking pace is to be used as the base?

Seabasealpha1

These all seem like good rules...no complaints there...

Though I do enjoy the one about photography and videos being for personal use only... Looks like they're going to nip that whole "Escape from Tomorrow" type crapola in the bud. Personally, I encourage this...

The film sucked. Not sure how they let it that one go when there were PLENTY of times where they could have put a stop to it. (I've read how it was made...)

Overall, these seem like a solid set of rules...

Roakor

These all seem like good rules...no complaints there...

Though I do enjoy the one about photography and videos being for personal use only... Looks like they're going to nip that whole "Escape from Tomorrow" type crapola in the bud. Personally, I encourage this...

The film sucked. Not sure how they let it that one go when there were PLENTY of times where they could have put a stop to it. (I've read how it was made...)

Overall, these seem like a solid set of rules...

any response from Disney would have brought more publicity to the film. Which I am sure is what the makers wanted. I think it was actually a good play on Disney's part to ignore it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom