Disney Treasure, DCL’s 6th ship, debuts in 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Doesn't it set sail in mid-2024?
It’s not currently listed through the end of September 2024, so I’m taking that as a “no”. I don’t think they’d compress booking timelines that much after just opening up booking for the May-September 2024 sailings.

ToTBellHop

Looks like this will sail starting in Fall 2024 given Fantasy's move away from offering 7 night sailings every week, It looks like Canaveral will have Wish sailing 3/4 nighters, Treasure sailing 7 nighters, and Fantasy a mix of 3, 4, 6, and 7-night sailings. It's a bit disappointing to see Fantasy largely switch to shorter sailings that continue to just stop at Nassau, Castaway, and/or Lighthouse point. It would have been fun to start sending it to more far-flung destinations.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Looks like this will sail starting in Fall 2024 given Fantasy's move away from offering 7 night sailings every week, It looks like Canaveral will have Wish sailing 3/4 nighters, Treasure sailing 7 nighters, and Fantasy a mix of 3, 4, 6, and 7-night sailings. It's a bit disappointing to see Fantasy largely switch to shorter sailings that continue to just stop at Nassau, Castaway, and/or Lighthouse point. It would have been fun to start sending it to more far-flung destinations.

Do you see Treasure sailings listed somewhere? The pic on the main site doesn't show the Treasure on the Fall 2024 sailings list.

I'm happy to see the Dream sailing out of Everglades, but the 4-night and 5-night itineraries are, frankly, limited and boring. Only Nassau, CC, and LP. We were thrilled to sail 5 nights on the Dream out of Miami earlier this year and skip Nassau and do CC and Cozumel instead. One of the many reasons I'm looking at other cruise lines for future cruises.

ToTBellHop

Do you see Treasure sailings listed somewhere? The pic on the main site doesn't show the Treasure on the Fall 2024 sailings list.

I'm happy to see the Dream sailing out of Everglades, but the 4-night and 5-night itineraries are, frankly, limited and boring. Only Nassau, CC, and LP. We were thrilled to sail 5 nights on the Dream out of Miami earlier this year and skip Nassau and do CC and Cozumel instead. One of the many reasons I'm looking at other cruise lines for future cruises.
They’ll release it separately. But we can deduce when it will sail because Fantasy will stop offering 7-night sailings weekly from PC. Same thing happened with Wish.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They’ll release it separately. But we can deduce when it will sail because Fantasy will stop offering 7-night sailings weekly from PC. Same thing happened with Wish.
You really think they'll only offer up 7-night cruises on the Treasure at the start, or will it split time between 3's and 4's and some 7's? There are open dates at PC but plenty of openings at Everglades, where do they run it out of initially?

But the more I think about this, the more I realize I really don't care either way. I'm not setting foot on the Wish Part 2.

DCLcruiser

You really think they'll only offer up 7-night cruises on the Treasure at the start, or will it split time between 3's and 4's and some 7's? There are open dates at PC but plenty of openings at Everglades, where do they run it out of initially?

But the more I think about this, the more I realize I really don't care either way. I'm not setting foot on the Wish Part 2.
Isn't it supposed to be adventure oriented? I would think the sailings will be different, maybe to Cost Rica, etc.

ChuckElias

I have heard, but I can't confirm, that part of Disney's agreement with Port Canaveral is that all the new ships are home-ported there for a certain amount of time. Each ship has used Port Canaveral as its home port upon its release. That's not just coincidence. They could easily have used Miami for the Wish's home port, but they didn't. In fact, they could have done that with the Wonder. Leave the Magic in PC and use Miami or Tampa for the Wonder. But they all call PC home at first.

Even if I'm wrong about that, it still makes sense to bring the new ships to Port Canaveral because it's the closest port to WDW. You want people to do a WDW stay and then take a 3-nighter on the newest, best ship.

Isn't it supposed to be adventure oriented? I would think the sailings will be different, maybe to Cost Rica, etc.

Unless they radically alter their history, they'll keep it in PC with one other ship. That way, they can offer both 7-night itineraries and 3/4-night itineraries from PC. That would make it tough to get to Costa Rica or Columbia, for example. (I can't find ANY 7-night sailings from Florida that include San Jose, Costa Rica in the next year.)

So my guess -- and it really is just a guess -- is that the Treasure will join the Wish in Port Canaveral. The Wish will continue its 3/4-night schedule and the Treasure will take over the 7-night sailings. What happens to the Fantasy? Fort Lauderdale, maybe? I don't know.

DCLcruiser

I have heard, but I can't confirm, that part of Disney's agreement with Port Canaveral is that all the new ships are home-ported there for a certain amount of time. Each ship has used Port Canaveral as its home port upon its release. That's not just coincidence. They could easily have used Miami for the Wish's home port, but they didn't. In fact, they could have done that with the Wonder. Leave the Magic in PC and use Miami or Tampa for the Wonder. But they all call PC home at first.

Even if I'm wrong about that, it still makes sense to bring the new ships to Port Canaveral because it's the closest port to WDW. You want people to do a WDW stay and then take a 3-nighter on the newest, best ship.

Unless they radically alter their history, they'll keep it in PC with one other ship. That way, they can offer both 7-night itineraries and 3/4-night itineraries from PC. That would make it tough to get to Costa Rica or Columbia, for example. (I can't find ANY 7-night sailings from Florida that include San Jose, Costa Rica in the next year.)

So my guess -- and it really is just a guess -- is that the Treasure will join the Wish in Port Canaveral. The Wish will continue its 3/4-night schedule and the Treasure will take over the 7-night sailings. What happens to the Fantasy? Fort Lauderdale, maybe? I don't know.
That makes perfect sense for the past, but I thought this is supposed to be more of an Adventures by Disney ship.

I think I expected too much from Disney. Seems the ship will just be themed for adventure, and not actually offering more active-lifestyle excursions or exotic locales.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That makes perfect sense for the past, but I thought this is supposed to be more of an Adventures by Disney ship.

I think I expected too much from Disney. Seems the ship will just be themed for adventure, and not actually offering more active-lifestyle excursions or exotic locales.
Correct. Just the theme... I have said previously, way more into this theme than the princess theme...

SplashJacket

Original Poster
I have heard, but I can't confirm, that part of Disney's agreement with Port Canaveral is that all the new ships are home-ported there for a certain amount of time. Each ship has used Port Canaveral as its home port upon its release. That's not just coincidence. They could easily have used Miami for the Wish's home port, but they didn't. In fact, they could have done that with the Wonder. Leave the Magic in PC and use Miami or Tampa for the Wonder. But they all call PC home at first
I believe the agreement is 2 of the Wish class ships must be home ported in Port Canaveral

Indy_UK

For the amount of ships they are going to end up having (8 I believe) they do need to come up with some better itineraries.

I do think a ‘Disney only’ cruise with day at Sea, castaway Cay and Lighthouse will always be bring in money.

Me personally I want the Dream to stay in Europe as it’s one I want to do. Maybe other ports other than France and Spain.

A cruise from California Needs to be back on the cards too. Probably stick the Fantasy there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom