Disney Treasure, DCL’s 6th ship, debuts in 2024

DCLcruiser

I am much more excited about the adventure theme/decor of this one than I am the princess theme of the Disney Wish. Very glad they are mixing it up.
Agreed. PotC restaurant, X marks the spot. An Encanto themed restaurant, where the room comes to life during each course. Moana's buffet of course.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bob's only thought about this ship's name:

Celebrate New Year GIF by San Diego Zoo

What an odd choice. Magic. Wonder. Dream. Fantasy. Wish. ... Treasure?

Ho-Hum

head scratch

Josh talked about the "adventure" that Disney Cruise Line offers guests, but the ship's name is Disney Treasure? Seems that Disney Adventure would have been a more fitting simile.

As for Lighthouse Point, I'm not quite sure why DCL wouldn't be more focused on developing Castaway Cay. Probably less than 2.5% of the that island is currently being utilized. Add a dock to the other side of the "cay" and create more adventures there. Build it out more in line with what Royal Caribbean has done with their private experience CocoCay.

DCLcruiser

head scratch

Josh talked about the "adventure" that Disney Cruise Line offers guests, but the ship's name is Disney Treasure? Seems that Disney Adventure would have been a more fitting simile.

As for Lighthouse Point, I'm not quite sure why DCL wouldn't be more focused on developing Castaway Cay. Probably less than 2.5% of the that island is currently being utilized. Add a dock to the other side of the "cay" and create more adventures there. Build it out more in line with what Royal Caribbean has done with their private experience CocoCay.
Treasure is good, but yes, something more adventurous could be better. Maybe Fortuna, Quest, Voyager, Odyssey or Journey.

I think CC is meant to be a habitat, and tranquil, not a water park. At that point, build a hotel. It's also extremely buggy in the jungle portions.

Vipraa

Doesn't DCL's agreement with Port Canaveral include guarantees that new ships will be homeported there?
I believe the agreement is for "eventually" 3 ships to be homeported in Canaveral. Doesn't matter which ships but 3 will be sailing from Canaveral. They also have the agreement with Port Everglades that will have 1 ship year round starting next year in the fall and a second additional ship sailing seasonally starting in 2025 which is when ship 7 is supposed to come online. One of the new ships will most likely be heading to Everglades for at least part of the year.

ChuckElias

Yes, there are 2 stop Castaway Cay itineraries. There will very likely be itineraries that do both. I can also see Disney doing 3/4 night excursions that do both but not Nassau.
I'd personally welcome 3-4 night itineraries with no stops in Nassau.
It avoids the Nassau stop.
Not gonna happen. Ships that are registered in the Bahamas and visit private islands in the Bahamas are required to visit a Bahamian cruise port, which is Nassau 99% of the time.

Remember when cruise lines were figuring out how to return to service during the Covid shutdown? One of the ideas was to just visit a cruise line's private island; keep the passengers in a "bubble" without introducing 2,000 people to the general population in Nassau. The Bahamian government said no to that idea. Any cruise ship visiting the Bahamas would still have to dock in Nassau.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not gonna happen. Ships that are registered in the Bahamas and visit private islands in the Bahamas are required to visit a Bahamian cruise port, which is Nassau 99% of the time.

Remember when cruise lines were figuring out how to return to service during the Covid shutdown? One of the ideas was to just visit a cruise line's private island; keep the passengers in a "bubble" without introducing 2,000 people to the general population in Nassau. The Bahamian government said no to that idea. Any cruise ship visiting the Bahamas would still have to dock in Nassau.

Oh well. Free day in the ship, then, if our itinerary includes Nassau.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I may be reading this wrong but there are many DCL itineraries that stop at Castaway but not anywhere else in the Bahamas...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom