Disney Treasure, DCL’s 6th ship, debuts in 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney says more news on the Disney Treasure will be announced during a virtual reveal of the ship on Wednesday, August 30 at 11am ET on the Disney Parks Blog.

"If you have been awaiting more details about the Disney Treasure, Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, we have good news – your wait is (almost) over!

Tune in Wednesday, Aug. 30 at 11 a.m. ET for the grand virtual reveal of this all-new vessel during the world premiere of “Unlocking the Disney Treasure: Adventure Awaits Onboard Disney’s Newest Ship” – right here on the Disney Parks Blog!

This video will debut never-before-released details about the Disney Treasure, showcasing the world-class dining, immersive family entertainment and unique spaces coming to the sixth ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet. The Disney Treasure will blend one-of-a-kind offerings with unparalleled hospitality that distinguishes every Disney Cruise line vacation."

ppete1975

So whats wrong with Disney+, heres an example.
You want cheap entertainment. Why not have a weekly or monthly show, that shows the construction of the ship. Issues that arise (the ones that add drama, not omg that thing will sink), cool touches, the major parts being added. Kind of make it like mega builds or one of those shows but make it a multi part show. Then when it goes on its maiden voyage do a live show.

make people care about the ship, interest people in how the process is done.

Its cheap to do, adds content and is free advertising.

"i cant wait to see it complete" "we will have to take a cruise on it, i feel i know every part of it" "wow that ship looks fun, i never knew so much was on a cruise ship to do"

Disney+ could do this, and should have done moana at epcot, guardians etc. When it debuted they had the many docs on attractions and a day in the life. But those never got a season 2.

Sorry about the tangent.

JohnD

You want cheap entertainment. Why not have a weekly or monthly show, that shows the construction of the ship. Issues that arise (the ones that add drama, not omg that thing will sink), cool touches, the major parts being added. Kind of make it like mega builds or one of those shows but make it a multi part show. Then when it goes on its maiden voyage do a live show.

"i cant wait to see it complete" "we will have to take a cruise on it, i feel i know every part of it" "wow that ship looks fun, i never knew so much was on a cruise ship to do"

Disney+ could do this, and should have done moana at epcot, guardians etc. When it debuted they had the many docs on attractions and a day in the life. But those never got a season 2.

Sorry about the tangent.
They already did this with the Wish which you can find on D+. It's a National Geographic show and they are up front that its basically an advertisement for DCL.

ppete1975

They already did this with the Wish which you can find on D+. It's a National Geographic show and they are up front that its basically an advertisement for DCL.
that was a one time show. I am talking about a lead up show series. People watch those live cams to see construction progress on buildings and ships. There are alot of people who like seeing how things are made, especially huge transportation such as trains or ships. BTW a show on refurbishing the trains of disney should be done. If you watched the ship go from nothing to a half ship youd want to see how they combined the 2 halves (assumption, i havent paid attention to the construction of these) and then how are they going to design the inside etc.

CHEAP show to make, even if the demand is medium it adds original content especially if its only a week delayed from whats really going or something of that nature. Not just a 1 hour this is how we built the ship with time lapse and a bunch of marketing goop.

BrianLo

Sorry about the tangent.

I understand where you are coming from, but this is exactly the type of niche content that isn’t commercially viable on D+ and the type of ‘show’ that was removed from the service recently.

It’s far better served on a platform like YouTube where it can be better propagated and shared on the internet. If it’s buried on a streaming service no one watches it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Media influencers are getting teaser packages sent to them. Carlye Wisel on TikTok posted a box with the following icons on it: Neverland, Spiderman, Cocoa, Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise & Moana.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Did ya'll see the Treasure Map? why haven't we started deciphering it yet?!
IMG_5126.jpg

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Did ya'll see the Treasure Map? why haven't we started deciphering it yet?!View attachment 739061
Some neat things there! My take it's just a map that may be on board somewhere as artwork and that it's not meant to gives clues about stuff. For example, I'd be surprised to see 20,000 Leagues anything beyond artwork. Maybe the map could be in some Adventurer's Club inspired space with relics from the referenced map spots.

I think the bigger hints to things that may translate to spaces are on the packaging (Peter Pan, Moana, Coco, Haunted Mansion (!), Jungle Cruise, Spiderman, and Aladdin). Some of those we know, like the Aladdin atrium and Peter Pan stern.

ToTBellHop

Some neat things there! My take it's just a map that may be on board somewhere as artwork and that it's not meant to gives clues about stuff. For example, I'd be surprised to see 20,000 Leagues anything beyond artwork. Maybe the map could be in some Adventurer's Club inspired space with relics from the referenced map spots.

I think the bigger hints to things that may translate to spaces are on the packaging (Peter Pan, Moana, Coco, Haunted Mansion (!), Jungle Cruise, Spiderman, and Aladdin). Some of those we know, like the Aladdin atrium and Peter Pan stern.
Rumors have included a HM bar and Coco replacing Wish’s Arendelle. Second show at Worlds of Marvel with Spidey in the lead.

I’d love to see an S.E.A. space. I presume bar/lounge?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I’d love to see an S.E.A. space. I presume bar/lounge?

It makes too much sense that it probably won't happen, but I'm also hoping for it. I think it'd be neat to have a lounge with S.E.A members floating in and out. I understand that Disney has explored expanding S.E.A. stuff for stuff like Disney+ but that was before we started seeing bigger cuts so who knows.

ToTBellHop

It makes too much sense that it probably won't happen, but I'm also hoping for it. I think it'd be neat to have a lounge with S.E.A members floating in and out. I understand that Disney has explored expanding S.E.A. stuff for stuff like Disney+ but that was before we started seeing bigger cuts so who knows.
I would expect art with Easter eggs, not actors.

peter11435

Honestly, I don’t care anymore. 😕 DCL is not in my top 3 cruise line choices these days, unless I’m cruising with friends who want to cruise on DCL. Priced out plus Bob’s god-awful Triton fleet. 🤦‍♂️
Bye

I’ll give you the prices are high, but criticisms of the triton class are massively overblown and mostly laughable.

ToTBellHop

Bye

I’ll give you the prices are high, but criticisms of the triton class are massively overblown and mostly laughable.
As time moves on since my Wish cruise, I tend to agree. Every cruise ship I’ve ever been on has pros and cons. The pros outweigh the cons by far on Wish and Treasure seemingly has a theme that appeals to me even more, so I’m intrigued. But we will see the price. If Wish is $5k for 4 nights and Treasure is $10k for 7 nights, I’d probably just do Wish again. If Treasure is $7k, it’s a conversation. So I’ll be curious to see what they think a week on a new ship is worth.

I certainly have gotten over Wish’s 2 dead-ends. It’s a strange design choice but not a huge deal.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bye

I don’t know how it’s laughable that the adult area is ridiculously small or that walkways on deck 11 are narrow when there are lines for the eateries and bars. Or they seemingly used more real estate for premium shopping than standard shopping. Or that I can’t make a loop of the ship on deck 4 anymore. That’s not anything being overblown, those are facts. We’re almost done with kids clubs so that aspect holds little pull with us in the near future. I’m just not as impressed by DCL, particularly when I can look back on some menus from 2019-2020 and they are the same today. But to each his own. And I know they won’t miss me.

And for the record, I do have a cruise booked next year with friends. They are the only reason we’re booked on DCL next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom