Disney Transport Bus in Texas

kcw

Also, how do we know this was even shot in Texas? I'm not doubting the credibility of the poster but who's to say that this wasn't just snapped on property? Just food for thought.

because why on earth would someone take it on property and claim texas just for kicks?? there's better and more controversial things to lie about...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
that's actually really neat :) Any chance the OP got a glimpse of the plate?

mkt

Premium Member
The only other thing I can think of is that the bus was painted/specced out in texas... or maybe Disney leased this one as opposed to purchasing it, and it was going to its next destination?

sbkline

Although I do love the older seating arraingment, those old ones stink.

Maybe so, but IMO, that's one of the classic WDW smells...that and the Monorail smell. I know I'm back "home" when I climb on board and take that first big sniff. :D

lol! I can only imagine how the OP felt. The other day at work I noticed a lady wearing a wdw mickey shirt and asked her if she got that at the disney store in which she replied "I work at disney world durning the summers" You should've seen the look on my face when I screeched out "OMG MEEE TOOO!!" Believe you me, I'm from way down south texas, literally the tip. So you could've imagined how I felt. At that time, it was heaven seeing someone familiar or knowing that she worked there. Wooops! got a little off topic there but yeah, maybe the bus is getting sent to disney soon??

DisneyMusician2

It is on its way to pick me up and take me to Disney World. I wish!!

It's the next big thing! Magical Express Local Service. Picks you up from your house and drives you to WDW while showing all Disney movies on the way down.

With touch screens of course.

:)lol:Sorry, just couldn't resist.)

sweetpee_1993

They have to perform a sacrifice each year to the Transportation gods. And driving in Texas is probably the closest to hell on wheels (no exit numbers, no mile markers?) so the ancient ritual is performed there.

I think you are right. We moved here in May. Over the summer I swore to all my relatives and friends that I had in fact confirmed that Texas is right next door to hell. It gets hot enough here....

:fork::ROFLOL::fork::ROFLOL:

Eyorefan

I know a lot of people in the transportation industry...including some of my family, and even though I10 seems more direct it's actually quicker to jump on I20 all the way to Shreveport, LA and then take I49 down to I10 again. My family owns a tr__________g company and the drivers take this route to avoid some major delays with construction on I10 in Texas.

Yeah, as a person who lives in houston and drives I-10 into downtown everyday... I would skip Houston if it were at all possible.

eroyee

While traveling through Arlington Texas to a New Years eve party I passed a Disney Transport bus parked in an open parking lot. I stopped to take the following picture.
attachment.php

Any ideas what it is doing this far from home?
How exciting for you. I am sure they are taking it to WDW.

Invero

Perhaps they were driving it from Hayward, Ca. to Orlando, and stopped in Arlington for a rest. :shrug:

http://www.gillig.com/New GILLIG WEB/contact.htm
Yes, that is the reason. The new 07's are being delivered from manufacture in California.

Normally the decals are covered in white plastic during transport for the exact reason of this picture/thread. However, as you can tell, the top half of the decal came off during transit.

prberk

It's the next big thing! Magical Express Local Service. Picks you up from your house and drives you to WDW while showing all Disney movies on the way down.

With touch screens of course.

:)lol:Sorry, just couldn't resist.)

It must be a "soft opening" of the new Magical Express Local Service... but I wonder if the touch-screens only work going downhill.

Merf told me that the Judi Dench narration was nice-sounding but not as good as if Jeremy Irons had done it... But the scenery that they added along the first half of the trip is very realistic and well-done.

:lookaroun

Paul

mkt

Premium Member
Yes, that is the reason. The new 07's are being delivered from manufacture in California.

Normally the decals are covered in white plastic during transport for the exact reason of this picture/thread. However, as you can tell, the top half of the decal came off during transit.
thank you for clarifying that Tyler :)

montyz81

Really it is a new bus service from Disneyland to Disneyworld. Just don't get on the wrong bus when waiting at Epcot. Make sure it says Disneyworld and not Disneyland. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom