Disney Transport Bus in Texas

Foolish Mortal

Yes, that is the reason. The new 07's are being delivered from manufacture in California.

Normally the decals are covered in white plastic during transport for the exact reason of this picture/thread. However, as you can tell, the top half of the decal came off during transit.

Since we haven't seen ya post for a while, I was hoping you'd see this and clarify. Can always count on Invero for the most accurate transportation info.

Well, it makes my "I'd hate to be staying at that resort" joke a moot point now.

Really it is a new bus service from Disneyland to Disneyworld. Just don't get on the wrong bus when waiting at Epcot. Make sure it says Disneyworld and not Disneyland. :ROFLOL:

And they would get to Disneyland's MK and be like....WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON THIS ISN'T ANIMAL KINGDOM

Or maybe....HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT ON EBAY!!

sweetpee_1993

Yeah, as a person who lives in houston and drives I-10 into downtown everyday... I would skip Houston if it were at all possible.

We're in Nederland. I avoid Houston during the week. That place is scary. That's from a girl who doesn't mind driving thru Atlanta at all.... LOL!

Cool that a bus was spotted so far from 'The World'. I would have ran up and kissed it! LOL!

ridetech939

Original Poster
because why on earth would someone take it on property and claim texas just for kicks?? there's better and more controversial things to lie about...

Thank you, I guess.

This is actually the second time I have seen a Disney Transport bus in the this parking lot. Next time (if there is one) I will try to take another picture from a diffrent angel so that the stores in the back ground can been seen.

rangerbob

I thought they did the decals near Clermont on Hwy 50. I've seen numerous Disney Transport and Cruise line busses in the bus store getting paint and work done to them. I pass by there weekly and you never know when you will see them in there.

BadTigger

Maybe the driver got lost??? After some fun experiences last time being down there and the drivers going to the wrong resorts or the best ending up on 192, I could see them driving to Texas

Fantasia freak

it's either one of our new busses on it's way from the plant to WDW or it's #4902, which was in a bad wreck and had to be shipped off for major repair work and is now on it's way back to WDW. either way, it's one of the new ones and not one we sold off.

notoes4

Lost Buses

We were talking with one of the drivers as we were heading back from downtown and she was telling us of many different stories where the bus driver had got lost and in one particular incident the driver dropped off the passengers at what was the old hotel row and drove off and quit, the bus was found the next day near daytona beach

I thought they did the decals near Clermont on Hwy 50. I've seen numerous Disney Transport and Cruise line busses in the bus store getting paint and work done to them. I pass by there weekly and you never know when you will see them in there.

These Buses would be Mear's buses which disney does not own but they pay Mear's to run them.

Invero

it's either one of our new busses on it's way from the plant to WDW or it's #4902, which was in a bad wreck and had to be shipped off for major repair work and is now on it's way back to WDW. either way, it's one of the new ones and not one we sold off.
Based on the exhaust wedge, I'd guess it's one of the new deliveries. 4902 probably went to Coach Crafters, which depending on which location they used, is in Tavares, FL or Northfield, Minnesota. (My guess is FL)

RiversideBunny

There still seems to be a mixture of bus models at WDW.
There's at least a 'kneeling' model and what I call a 'regular' model.

What is WDW going toward for the future as a standardized design?

:)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
knowing Disney, a combination of:
A- whichever is cheapest to buy (main priority)
B- whichever is cheapest to run

Fantasia freak

There still seems to be a mixture of bus models at WDW.
There's at least a 'kneeling' model and what I call a 'regular' model.

What is WDW going toward for the future as a standardized design?

:)

The model shown in the pic, is the Gillig bus. Theu are rplacing the fleet with these busses. we have 11 new ones at VM South. as Soon as the tags come in(Disney wont let them run on temp tags), then the 11 new ones will be on the road and Disney will retire 11 old busses. but the bus in the pic will eventually be the only type we use.

mkt

Premium Member
I'm curious about the WDW busses (and also the security vehicles). How come these get standard FL plates as opposed to Fleet plates like most of the WDW fleet has? Are they leased, or are there different registration requirements for commercial vehicles? I've noticed that the

I'm curious about the WDW busses (and also the security vehicles). How come these get standard FL plates as opposed to Fleet plates like most of the WDW fleet has? Are they leased, or are there different registration requirements for commercial vehicles? I've noticed that the

I know that all the new buses are leased over 10 years so at the end of the lease they can buy them or trade them in for new ones. If you look at the numbers on the company vans and it starts with a "N" then it is leased thru National Car Rental and get traded out about every 15000 miles.

mkt

Premium Member
I know that all the new buses are leased over 10 years so at the end of the lease they can buy them or trade them in for new ones. If you look at the numbers on the company vans and it starts with a "N" then it is leased thru National Car Rental and get traded out about every 15000 miles.
ahhh... so leased vehicles get normal plates and owned vehicles get fleet plates.

That makes sense :)

coilback

They have to perform a sacrifice each year to the Transportation gods. And driving in Texas is probably the closest to hell on wheels (no exit numbers, no mile markers?) so the ancient ritual is performed there.

Heh, where did you hear there were no exit numbers or mile markers ? Where in Texas were you driving ? Sure you didn't make a wrong turn and go into Mexico ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom