News Disney transforms Magic Kingdom's famous purple wall to celebrate PRIDE Month at Walt Disney World and will donate merch profits to support LGBTQIA+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Literally gag-worthy. All that salty meat on an enlarged bone…🤢
Meme Shock GIF by Evan Klar

LittleBuford

18 pages of A LOT, and yet here is when the real fun begins.
I love pineapple and I love ice cream, so when I bought my first Dole Whip, I couldn’t wait to get stuck in. The reality of what I tasted horrified me, however, and I was forced to throw it away after a few timid mouthfuls.

Having just checked Dole’s own list of ingredients, I feel entirely vindicated in my reaction. There’s nary a drop of actual pineapple juice to be found in the stuff!

Sugar, Dextrose, Stabilizers (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Karaya Gum, Pectin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Coconut Oil, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Modified Food Starch, Malic Acid, Beta Carotene (Color), Mono & Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).​

Smiley/OCD

I love pineapple and I love ice cream, so when I bought my first Dole Whip, I couldn’t wait to get stuck in. The reality of what I tasted horrified me, however, and I was forced to throw it away after a few timid mouthfuls.

Having just checked Dole’s own list of ingredients, I feel entirely vindicated in my reaction. There’s nary a drop of actual pineapple juice to be found in the stuff!

Sugar, Dextrose, Stabilizers (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Karaya Gum, Pectin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Coconut Oil, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Modified Food Starch, Malic Acid, Beta Carotene (Color), Mono & Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).​
That’s why you get a Dole whip float that has REAL pineapple juice

LittleBuford

That’s why you get a Dole whip float that has REAL pineapple juice
I tried that, too, hoping it would be better. And it was better to the extent that I was able to drink the pineapple juice, but the Dole Whip itself ended up in the bin again. I gave it one last shot with the lime (?) flavour they sell at the Poly, and that was even worse.

Now, if they ever make a rainbow version for Pride, I may be tempted to get it for celebratory reasons, but I’ve otherwise sworn off the stuff.

Smiley/OCD

I tried that, too, hoping it would be better. And it was better to the extent that I was able to drink the pineapple juice, but the Dole Whip itself ended up in the bin again. I gave it one last shot with the lime (?) flavour they sell at the Poly, and that was even worse.

Now, if they ever make a rainbow version for Pride, I may be tempted to get it for celebratory reasons, but I’ve otherwise sworn off the stuff.
What’s that song…”Poor Unfortunate Souls”? Lol

juniorthomas

Very similar reaction here. I think the community had talked it up to a point where nothing would have matched the image I had in my head. It was a profound disappointment.

That said, my fondness for eating anything else means there's more dole whip for everyone else to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom