Disney Traditions?

nuttyskadork

This was my first trip but there's a few traditions I'd like to keep going.

-Spending $100 bucks on Disney books at Virgin Megastore
-Buying every possible Disney theme park book in the park stores
-Riding Mission Space Green. Then riding Orange and nearly psyching myself out. Then going to Germany and Canada and getting drunk and riding Orange again lol. Then afterwards wandering out International Gateway looking for the boat and ending up in Boardwalk and then DHS.
- Riding ToT in one of the last groups of the day with a bunch of cheerleaders. Kid you not haha.
- One goofy tradition I kind of have is always getting a quirky Disney character hat. Granted I've only done it two of the three times we went to Disney. In 92 (I was six) I got a Donald hat that you could squeeze the bill and it would honk. My cat hated it. This year I bought a Stitch hat. I wear it to concerts all the time. My dog is afraid of it so we put it on the couch so she doesn't go up there hahaah.
-I really hope I can get the same bus driver I had from AK to Epcot. He was one of the best.
- Anytime I ate with the family it was at Ponderosa, SIzzler, Golden Corrall, etc.
- TURKEY LEGS!
- Getting at least one picture with a character. Lots in 92, Donald Duck & Roger Rabbit; Brer Bear and Brer Fox. The fox and cat from Pinnochio. In 2001 I cant really remember. This year it was me and my mom with Scooby Doo and gy at Universal lol.
- Going to a concert at House of Blues (Panic at the Disco this year). I actually met a couple of Disney employees there. One was an accountant, the other was a girl who played Rafiki lol.
- Spending the first day at a water park and then going to EPCOT for Illuminations, then monorailing over to MK for Wishes and a few rides (did Stitch, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain all in the last hour before closing).
- Getting some canadian Moosehead beer at the Canada pavillion.
- Volunteering to be in at least one live show. Don't remember in 92. In 2001 I was in Goofys Beach Party or something at DCA. This year i was in Fear Factor and Disaster as a scientist.
- The only rides I've done on each of my 3 trips are; Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Railroad, Big Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Star Tours, Swiss/Tarzan Treehouse, Wishes (or a variation), Fantasmic and Pirates. There's no attractions at Universal I've done all three times unless you want to count Jaws as part of the Tram Tour.

Only did Pinnochio, Alice In Wonderland, Dumbo, Aladdin Parde, Goofys Bounce House, Storybook Canals, Captain E-O, Toontown Trolley, Skyway, Mickeys House, Great Moments with Mr Lincoln, Chip N Dales Treehouse, Gadgets Go Coaster, Beauty and the Beast Live, and the Carousel in 92. At Universal I only did in 92 Waterworld. Only did Tom Sawyer, Astro Orbiter, Country bear Jamboree, Roger Rabbit, Matterhorn, Autopia, Indiana Jones Adventure, Golden Horseshoe, Disney Gallery and all of DCA (with the exception of Its Tough to be A Bug, Disney Animation, Soarin and Muppets) in 2001. At Universal in 01 was the only time I did ET Adventure, Nickolodeon Splash Zone, Back to the Future and Lucy A Tribute.

This year I skipped Small World, Mad Tea Party, Snow White and Peter Pan as well as Toon Town in general; and obviously was unable to do Mr Toad, Main Street Electrical Parade, Casey Jr or Main Street Cinema (although I did poke in at Expedition Hall). At Universal I was unable to do Wild West Show, Backdraft, Backlot Tour and skipped Fievel's Playground.

Only ride I can think of that I dd in 92 and this year but not in 2001 was Tommorowland Transit authority/ People Mover due to it being closed in Disneyland. At Universal I saw Beetlejuice in 92 and again this year but not in 01 for whatever reason.

Rides I did in both 01 and this trip (but not in 92) were Soarin, Muppets, Disney Animation, It's Tough to be A Bug, Innoventions, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and Enchanted Tiki Room. At Universal Terminator, Animal Actors Live and Jurassic Park the Ride.

This year I did for the first time: Buzz Lightyear, Mickeys Philair Magic, Monsters Inc. Stitchs Grea Escape, Circle of Life, Gran Fiesta Tour, SpectroMagic, Dream Along With Mickey, Illuminations, Journey to Imagination, Living with the Land, Seas With Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush, Maelstrom, O Canada, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Test Track, Universe of Energy, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Festival of the Lion king, Kali River Rapids, Maharaja Jungle Trek, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Primeval Whirl, Finding Nem the Musical, Triceratop Spin, DHS Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones Stung Show, Rock n Roller Coaster, Sounds Dangerous, Tower of Terror and One Man's Dream as well as the two water parks. At Universal I did for the first time, Disaster, Fear Factor (even participated in it), Jaws, Jimmy Neutron, Men In Black, Revenge of the Mummy, Shrek 4-D, Twister, The Simpsons, Spider-Man, Cat In the Hat, Dudley Do Right, Sinbad, Poeidons Fury, Jurassic Discovery Center, Incredible Hulk, Popeyye and Blutos River Rafts and TNA.

Signifcant rides I never got to do (due to closure, not yet open, or just not getting around to it) but want to/ wanted to are: Rocket Rods (not open in 92, already closed in 01, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (only at Disneyland, just opened last year), Winnie the Pooh (not open either time at Disneyland, didnt get around at WDW), Mission Tortila Factory, Monsters Inc Mike and Sully (only time we went to DCA they had Superstar Limo, lame), Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Pretty much all of World Showcase besides Canada, Germany, Illuminations, and the two rides in Mexico and Norway. Also Flights of Wonder, Panjani Trail, Conservation Station (basically the whole Rafiki Planet Watch), the film portion of One Mans Dream, Lights Motors Action, Great Movie Ride, AFI Film Showcase (closed), Toy Story Mania (not yet open), Little Mermaid, Prince Caspian (not yet open), Body Wars, Cranium Command, Making of Me (pavillion closed) as well as the MK afternoon parade. At Universal there was Conan Live in California, a Mummy attraction in CA (not the roller coaster, and not the tram tour), Kongfrontation (closed in FLA), Universal Horror and Make-Up Show, Camp Jurassic, Dr Dooms FearFall, Dueling Dragons, Pteranadon Flyers, Universal 360 (seasonal only) as well as the Blues Brothers show.

VoiceGuy07

Here's a quick-hit list of some of our traditions:

Downtown Disney on the first day there
Dole Whips
French Pastries
"Exploring" our resort after dark
rest days where we ride to other resorts

I'm sure there are more. I'll add them as I think of them...

That's great to see someone else hits Downtown Disney first. Our first day is always lunch at Downtown Disney. Used to be Wolfgang Puck's until the service went south so now it's House of Blues. A great way to ease into things then check-in.

disneyniebo

For me
Hot dog (they are the best anywhere!!! :sohappy:)
A picture on the speeder bike at MGM OH NO!! Sorry DHS:ROFLOL:

For my wife
Haunted mansion as many time as possible
PINS pins and more pins.

For us
'Ohana
Rock N Roller Coaster
Everest
Picture in front of SSE on the last night of our stay.

There are of course many more, but those are the biggies.:wave:

micknut

:sohappy:Walk down main street on the first day and say im home.Ride the monorail all the way to epcot and around bay lake

FutureCEO

1) Riding the Monorial....too bad the U.S hasn't gotten on the ball to relieve cars on the roads, I understand it's expensive but its necessary.

2) Hotel Hopping....this time it was the Magic Kingdom monorial hotels

3) fireworks, obviously

4) Rainforest Cafe

and probably others but i cant think right now

Oh so many...but one I can look at each and every day back in NJ.....I have and will continue to take a pic of each of my children on the same carousel horse each and every year! Amazing to see how much they have grown...I have the pics hung in sequence on my family room wall!

TigerLily_CM

I always visit the theme parks in the order they opened.

Always have a Mickey Ice cream right after I get off Haunted Mansion (I swear now, it's like Pavlov's dogs now or something because as soon as i come out the exit I start salivating)

Always ride Spaceship Earth twice on Epcot day...first ride as I enter the park and last ride as I leave

(Almost) always get my picture with Mr. Smee...only missed him 4 times out of 22 trips

Always get a fish and chips and watch the British Invasion or Off Kilter

...i'm sure there's more but these are my faves

Ena 52299

First, Go to EPCOT... once inside, stand in front of the Fountain of Nations and smile (it's now hit us that were actualy back)!!! :sohappy:
Go to Le Cellier for dinner, go exploring around World Showcase and get a dessert at either France or Norway and then top off our night with Illuminations!:animwink:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I MUST and I mean MUST get Crunch Chicken from Planet Hollywood.

I also have to go and get my hopes up there will be some cool Haunted Mansion stuff to buy. (Im sure 99.9% will feel my pain)

I have to have dinner at Liberty Tree. I go in September every year so nothing like Thanksgiving 2 months early...Its like a warm up!

I have to go in EVERY SINGLE store too. Not only to look at merch but for the air conditioner!

I buy a different beach towl too.

Get a few bars of HTH soap.

Get excited to see lizards running around.

Ride a lazy river in a water park.

Drink like 399289 cokes.

Request a king size bed and extra pillows!

Hrudey3032

Well me and my brother usually eat at the McDonalds at DTD why you say?because it is at Disney thats why :ROFLOL: We also play one another at Fantasia Gardens for a round of Mini-golf with a bet of some kind(dinner or movie fee).The last day of our trip we generally spend at DTD just shopping and enjoying the moment of our last few hours at a Disney property.

yankspy

I MUST and I mean MUST get Crunch Chicken from Planet Hollywood.

I also have to go and get my hopes up there will be some cool Haunted Mansion stuff to buy. (Im sure 99.9% will feel my pain)

I have to have dinner at Liberty Tree. I go in September every year so nothing like Thanksgiving 2 months early...Its like a warm up!

I have to go in EVERY SINGLE store too. Not only to look at merch but for the air conditioner!

I buy a different beach towl too.

Get a few bars of HTH soap.

Get excited to see lizards running around.

Ride a lazy river in a water park.

Drink like 399289 cokes.

Request a king size bed and extra pillows!
Have you seen the new shirts?

nuttyskadork

I always visit the theme parks in the order they opened.

Always have a Mickey Ice cream right after I get off Haunted Mansion (I swear now, it's like Pavlov's dogs now or something because as soon as i come out the exit I start salivating)

Always ride Spaceship Earth twice on Epcot day...first ride as I enter the park and last ride as I leave

(Almost) always get my picture with Mr. Smee...only missed him 4 times out of 22 trips

Always get a fish and chips and watch the British Invasion or Off Kilter

...i'm sure there's more but these are my faves

Oft Kilter are amazing. I didnt get to see the British Invasion though

FamilyMagic

It has become tradition to have a family t-shirt created before we go to WDW. Once we get to Disney, we wear them in the parks and it also helps when trying to keep up with family members!
Another tradition is to buy a Disney Christmas ornament on every Disney vacation and have the year & my name put on it. At Christmas it is one of my favorite ornaments to hang on the tree!! :lol:

cndrellagrl

Day one we always had straight for Epcot after checking in. Once we get to Epcot, we always go right to Germany for lunch! After a long morning of travel, a buffet and show is just what we need. We couldn't start our WDW trips any other way.

nuttyskadork

It has become tradition to have a family t-shirt created before we go to WDW. Once we get to Disney, we wear them in the parks and it also helps when trying to keep up with family members!
Another tradition is to buy a Disney Christmas ornament on every Disney vacation and have the year & my name put on it. At Christmas it is one of my favorite ornaments to hang on the tree!! :lol:

do NOT. and I repeat do NOT get the Cat In the Hat Thing One and Thing two shirts lol. EVERYBODY gets those hahaha

This isn't necessarily a "Disney" tradition but it is a tradition my family has on our road trips to Disney:
We always stop at the FL Welcome Center and get free samples of the best fresh orange and grapefruit juice we've ever had! It's a good way to stretch our legs too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom