Disney to start hiring 15yo's

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
In addition to hiring 17 and 16 year old into part-time and seasonal roles, Disney Casting has begun hiring 15 year olds for a limitted time into certain roles.

To be eligible, candidates must have a parent or guardian who is a current Cast Member. Candidates whose grandparent, aunt or uncle works at the Walt Disney World Resort also will be considered

Positions are possible in: Food & Beverage, Merchandise, Custodial, Recreation, Resort Dispatch and Luggage Assistant.

Those interested in interviewing for a role should call the Walt Disney World Jobline at 407-828-1000 to schedule an appointment. Saturday appointments are available.

Wannabe Walt

crap i'd wish they would hire any one that is 15! (well not ANYONE, but atleast people that don't have cast member relatives). I would LOVE to go down for the summer and work there...it would be SO cool. Maybe I will next summer. (I turn 15 this summer)

nyfrenchy

mousermerf said:
Positions are possible in: Food & Beverage,

The idea of a 15 years old handling food is frightening (go read "Fast Food Nation"...)

I hope they have to take a mandatory food satefy course.

TravisMT81

nyfrenchy said:
The idea of a 15 years old handling food is frightening (go read "Fast Food Nation"...)

I hope they have to take a mandatory food satefy course.

everyone has to take basic food safety, it is required!

They are really getting hard up if they are hiring 15 year olds, I only thought Six Flags did this.

DisKid

I thought people applied for Disney jobs by the thousands, and so Disney would have more than needed for them to choose who they wanted. So, why are they even in need of 15 year old's??

This doesnt really suprise me. I wouldnt be suprised if they are doing this b/c its easier to pay people of that age. But they have to work very closely with the Govt Regulations on child labor. I heard a story that happened at my work about a 16 year old that didnt take a break and worked to much time and a big fat fine was handed to them.

Woody13

DisKid said:
I thought people applied for Disney jobs by the thousands, and so Disney would have more than needed for them to choose who they wanted. So, why are they even in need of 15 year old's??
Because Disney has an extremely high turnover rate.

boo52

Disney has hired as young as 15 for as long as I can remember in certain positions. My brother was hired at All Star in 96 and he was only 15.

Austin1

im 18 and I honestly don't think they should hire anyone under 16. I know you guys 15 and under hate me for saying that but it's the vacataion kingdom and in being that, they should take the higher ground and higher a more mature age group. :lookaroun I know it would annoy alot of parents to spend that much money on a trip and have some 15 year old spill a coke all over the baby.
Again I don't mean to be harsh and 15 year olds are awesome just not all of then are ready for a job at Disney.

Wannabe Walt

Hey I'm turning 15 a month from today. We are not as immature as people think (atleast not all of us). We can take responsibility and if we worked for Disney, I'm sure we would! Atleast I know I would! If I had the chance to work for Disney when I was 15, I would be VERY careful, kind, helpful, and MATURE! So please, quit bashing us...we aren't nearly what you say we are.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
not meaning anything against the young adults who are working and enjoying their new jobs, but its almost like outsourcing. (taking away american jobs for cheaper labor in south america,japan,taiwan,etc.) as long it is not in lieu of people who really want to work for the mouse who already have experience,maturity,need and a work ethic!!

please dont take this the wrong way, nothing against young adults working at wdw(I tried applying at 11)but you have to have a certain maturity level. :wave:

disneysailor

Woody13 said:
Because Disney has an extremely high turnover rate.

And yet, they make it really difficult (virtually impossible) for well qualified, Disney-loving foreign candidates to work there on a permanent basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom