Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

Kman101

Well, considering the last movie was only in 2008, I'm sure kids do know who he is. And also considering the fantastic rides that Tokyo and Anaheim have that feature him and the stunt show has been around for 26 years and still packs them in ... But I can see what you mean.

Indy has been around for a long time and Disney will always find a way to keep him alive. Just like they do the Muppets. Yeah, neither may hold mass appeal like certain franchises do but I think Indy remains popular. Just not popular enough I suppose for WDW to ever add a ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do kids even know what or who Indiana Jones is anymore? It could use to be bull-dozed.
Look at the loadings for each show.

It's still a crowd pleaser. And a huge people eater. Just over 2000 a show, fives shows a day takes 10000 guests off other areas. It was originally meant to have closed 13 months ago but is still going strong.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Does this seem possible then?

DHS_Map.jpg

Or maybe even this?
I don't know what has been rumored to be closing, so I'm just guessing here.

View attachment 81757

If BLT and LMA are being used for something Pixar, then this seems like a possibility. Amiright?
What you circled actually is possible. The rumors in the past on this forum points at Indiana Jones Epcot Stunt Spectacular and Echo Lake has been mention this rumor by true insiders on forum before this week. There has been rumors about Indiana Jones, but when that closes is the question mark at this time.

wdwfan4ver

Indy has been around for a long time and Disney will always find a way to keep him alive. Just like they do the Muppets. Yeah, neither may hold mass appeal like certain franchises do but I think Indy remains popular. Just not popular enough I suppose for WDW to ever add a ride.
I don't know never being popular enough for WDW not to add a ride. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull made 786.6 million dollars world wide at the box office.

Lets say Indy gets a reboot and makes Crystal Skull money or higher at the Box office.
That type of money would cause Disney wanting a sequel to a reboot of Indy. Lets say the sequel to the reboot for Indy gets makes over a billion dollars Worldwide, I think Disney would be interest in adding something Indy to their theme parks.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't know not popular enough for WDW not to ever add a ride. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull made 786.6 million dollars world wide at the box office.

Lets say Indy gets a reboot and makes Crystal Skull money or higher at the Box office.
That type of money would cause Disney wanting a sequel to a reboot of Indy. Lets say the sequel to the reboot for Indy gets makes over a billion dollars Worldwide, I think Disney would be interest in adding something Indy to their theme parks.

You need at least a billion to get a retheme of an existing ride (FroStrom) you would need at least 10 billion box office to get an E-ticket and maybe not even then...

janoimagine

I notice that it says "Disney Parks"....I wouldn't hold my breath for too much in Florida.
Believe me, I get the cynicism for Orlando but Disney World is the only one that has Star Wars Weekends, if they didn't include Orlando as part of the expansion it would be one of the biggest company fails since Walt lost Oswald. Then again, this is Iger and Rasulo were talking about so you could be more right than you know.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

HauntedMansionFLA

Where did you get that number from?

According to this article all of Disney's consumer product revenue for 2014 was $1.1 billion. Yeah, Frozen is making a lot, but it hasn't brought in $10 billion for Disney yet.

http://fortune.com/2014/11/06/frozen-marvel-flicks-drive-another-record-year-for-disney/
I guess there another mini - frozen movie coming out with the live action Cinderalla and full length the next year. Can't wait for the Star Wars movie. Hopefully SW land at DHS will be out of this world. I'm glad the Disney executives went to see Harry Potter land and how much detail went into it. They went back to rethink what they were going to do and increase the budget.

DisDan

Sped2424

I read somewhere on this forum that Disney had about 10 billion in Frozen merchandise sales. But that's not the same as revenue, Sorry.
Sorry to say person but even without counting revenue disney has not made anything near 10 billion with frozen. But that's alright you're not wrong about it being a cash cow though!

janoimagine

Do kids even know what or who Indiana Jones is anymore? It could use to be bull-dozed.
So just because kids don't get something we should get rid of it? ... Maybe instead educate the kid and show them why the movies were so good, my nephews for example who are 7 and 10 had never heard of them but love them after watching them, and I can promise you I will be showing them to my son when he is old enough ... Crystal Skull excluded of course.

JordanNite

It certainly won't be built on Iger's watch.

He'll want the expense and loss of profits on the sheet to be on someones head. Remember this guys pay package is dependant on how much profiit Disney makes. If you spend big on infustructure projects that will take time to reep money back (not instantly like movies) then you are going to have a few years of downtime.

That's why it's dangerous to just give a CEO a salary based on profits. He is unlikely do anything to damage profits by spending money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom