Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

M.rudolf

I love them. I agree about the size, but I feel the same way in the giant World of Disney crap store on MSUSA that used to be known as the Emporium and they've ripped that place apart, taken all character from it to make it accessible to 400-pounders driving ECVs and triple wide parents pushing double wide strollers.

Just so I am crystal clear, I don't believe they should be allowed in the stores.
Some people of those 400 pounders I'd rather have on an ecv. At least they aren't falling on me. In all seriousness I do have a problem with them,being disabled I refuse to use one. I look at it as a loss of my dignity.

WDW1974

Some people of those 400 pounders I'd rather have on an ecv. At least they aren't falling on me. In all seriousness I do have a problem with them,being disabled I refuse to use one. I look at it as a loss of my dignity.

I have no issue with people who are diabled using them. I do have a BIG, HUGE issue with 534-pound folks using them to help die quicker instead of getting off their fat arses (oh wait, I can use now!) and walking. I don't know how you can look like that and drive on and have any dignity at all. ... Being addicted to food isn't a disability.

M.rudolf

I have no issue with people who are diabled using them. I do have a BIG, HUGE issue with 534-pound folks using them to help die quicker instead of getting off their fat arses (oh wait, I can use now!) and walking. I don't know how you can look like that and drive on and have any dignity at all. ... Being addicted to food isn't a disability.
I agree get up and walk the track do anything but eat Cheetos. The majority of disabled people are in chairs. I just avoid it because once you start using a crutch you usually don't stop

bethymouse

I agree get up and walk the track do anything but eat Cheetos. The majority of disabled people are in chairs. I just avoid it because once you start using a crutch you usually don't stop
Wow- you guys are cruel.:( Addictions are not an easy thing to deal with: alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, food, etc... You really shouldn't be so judgmental. Just sayin.:(

CrazyDisneyLady

..I have had a trip planned to Disney for a long time. I had to have surgery on my foot in July and unfortunately something went wrong. A 4 week recovery is now a 14 week recovery which happens to be 4 weeks longer than my Disney trip. I now have to use an EVC to get around.. I am afraid of how people will react. I have a big boot that is an air cast but fear that people will not understand..I know people abuse the use of them which I think is sad..but some people are in them for a real reason.

FrankLapidus

Ah ... speculation over others speculation.

But you certainly are correct in that Carsland (among other concepts) are much further along than anything Avatar-related. I'm wondering if the only thing keeping it on life support is Bob Iger's ego.

That's what I'm wondering, with Iger's departure date already set in stone, could Avatar be stalled long enough to allow Disney to wash their hands of it once Iger is out of the door? It surprised me that Iger instigated this partnership with Cameron and then announced he would be leaving not long after; given it's WDW's response to HP I assumed Iger would see it through to completion but obviously I've been proven wrong now.

M.rudolf

Wow- you guys are cruel.:( Addictions are not an easy thing to deal with: alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, food, etc... You really shouldn't be so judgmental. Just sayin.:(
Not being judgmental just realistic if you read post only negative thing I said was put down the Cheetos. My whole issue with the ecv's is that they are abusing Disneys system and a lot the people on them arent very courteous while using them

Taylor

That's what I'm wondering, with Iger's departure date already set in stone, could Avatar be stalled long enough to allow Disney to wash their hands of it once Iger is out of the door? It surprised me that Iger instigated this partnership with Cameron and then announced he would be leaving not long after; given it's WDW's response to HP I assumed Iger would see it through to completion but obviously I've been proven wrong now.
Your not the only one I thought the same thing

bethymouse

Not being judgmental just realistic if you read post only negative thing I said was put down the Cheetos. My whole issue with the ecv's is that they are abusing Disneys system and a lot the people on them arent very courteous while using them
That's true.:( That video about the angry grandma honking her ECV horn is funny, yet also annoying! :eek:

M.rudolf

..I have had a trip planned to Disney for a long time. I had to have surgery on my foot in July and unfortunately something went wrong. A 4 week recovery is now a 14 week recovery which happens to be 4 weeks longer than my Disney trip. I now have to use an EVC to get around.. I am afraid of how people will react. I have a big boot that is an air cast but fear that people will not understand..I know people abuse the use of them which I think is sad..but some people are in them for a real reason.
I don't disagree and no one there will look at you any different or say anything at all. The issues aren't with people who need them, but with the people who don't. Don't worry about what other people think have a great trip. Enjoy yourself. And really if anyone has anything to say shame on them.

lazyboy97o

Amazing that this keeps going. You'd think somebody at Disney would take notice at how desperate the fan base is for any sort of real, positive news. But we do have a recycled drink in a kiddie cup we can buy soon!

"New and Bold" is a quote from Disney and per Steve and others is still in the works. And I am not the only one claiming change is on the way. More and more people are jumping on that bandwagon. However, I think we will have to wait until BATB and Mermaid opens before we get any major announcements.
OK, I see the problem. Dude (and this is very important) "Bold new plan" are my words NOT Disney's. And I'm certainly not a spokesman for Disney.

Disney has never said anything about what they are planning. I don't force my opinion on anyone. I'm just expressing myself. :lol:

:wave:
Search is so easy.

M.rudolf

Amazing that this keeps going. You'd think somebody at Disney would take notice at how desperate the fan base is for any sort of real, positive news. But we do have a recycled drink in a kiddie cup we can buy soon!

Search is so easy.
Thank you. You are my new hero today

attractions don't equate to lands...

Avatar is a short term interest, not a classic and something future generations will just forget about
It was the most financially successful film of all time. Anyone that claims it doesn't have the popularity for a theme park land is living in an alternate dimension.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom