Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

BigTxEars

I do not know much but I do know that:

TDO knows more about current FP+ use at the parks than anyone on here, TDO knows more about FP+ system capabilities than anyone on here, TDO knows more about what the average WDW guest does, how they do it and what they would like to do than anyone on here, TDO understands the impact of FP+ on the parks yesterday, today and tomorrow better than anyone on here, TDO knows where FP+ is headed better than anyone on here, TDO knows of the real world issues and how to best resolve them of FP+ than anyone on here. Well you get the ideal....

No problem with healthy debate, in fact it's a good thing but to those trying to imply TDO does not understand every aspect (good or bad, now or future) of FP+ better than any of us is just plain silly. I trust them to know what they are doing with their system, they are the best in the world at what they do IMO. Have different opinions, post them and make suggestions as how to improve FP+ but trying imply TDO is "lost" on FP+ is crazy.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It is almost like the suits went "Man, this isn't working, we have to do something. JOHNSON! What haven't we tried?"

Johnson: "we tried everything, sir. "

Suit: "What is left, Johnson, come up with something or you are fired."

Johnson reads WDWm and steals ideas to tell the suits "Let's up the daily per person allotment and allow park hopping."

Suits: "JOHNSON! That is pure genius, you get a promotion."

WDWMagic, saving jobs since 2014.

If only they'd listened to us sooner..... :angelic:

BigTxEars

If the purple band becomes available will APs, who already got their bands, be able to switch?

I doubt it, maybe if the non purple one is still in the box new? Not sure. Odd that they did not go with purple to start with, it being the color of royalty and all. But maybe the Disney princesses objected to peasant having purple!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I doubt it, maybe if the non purple one is still in the box new? Not sure. Odd that they did not go with purple to start with, it being the color of royalty and all. But maybe the Disney princesses objected to peasant having purple!

But the only Princess wearing purple is Rapunzel...

BigTxEars

But the only Princess wearing purple is Rapunzel...

My favorite princess BTW :)

I watched a History Channel show on why purple was the color of royalty once, very interesting. In a nutshell they were the only ones who could afford purple dye which was a PIA to make and took a ton of these little sea creatures they had to smash to make even a little of it, thus to wear purple clothing showed huge wealth, the more purple the better.

Rob562

is it possible, with the magicbands now being sold retail, that somewhere down the road the people who stay onsite would have access to every fp line, for the rides, without needing to have fp's to get in line while the people who are staying offsite, that purchase a magicband when they get to the park, still have to get fp's to use the fp line? As in it being an extra perk for those staying onsite or have ap's.

There is absolutely no way that'll happen. Disney has WAY too many rooms to even think of doing it. Universal can do it because they have far fewer on-site rooms, so the people using the unlimited Express Pass are a rather small percentage of people in the parks.

Besides, if Disney wanted to do that, they could have easily been doing it for the past 15 years since all on-site Guests had a dated room key they could've shown. (But it would've been a disaster)

-Rob

LAKid53

Premium Member
My favorite princess BTW :)

I watched a History Channel show on why purple was the color of royalty once, very interesting. In a nutshell they were the only ones who could afford purple dye which was a PIA to make and took a ton of these little sea creatures they had to smash to make even a little of it, thus to wear purple clothing showed huge wealth, the more purple the better.

Mine is Aurora, but in BLUE, not pink....

BTW, if you send WDW a nice e-mail (and make sure to throw in a few compliments about how much you like the new MB experience), they will call you out of the blue, get you talking (finding out Rapunzel is your favorite princess - told you those people know how to market and data mine) and next thing you know, a package arrives with a personally autographed picture of your favorite princess - addressed to you, no less. And a few other nice things. Mine is now framed and in my office - getting all kinds of "where did you get that?!" remarks from my fellow Disneyites.

BigTxEars

Mine is Aurora, but in BLUE, not pink....

BTW, if you send WDW a nice e-mail (and make sure to throw in a few compliments about how much you like the new MB experience), they will call you out of the blue, get you talking (finding out Rapunzel is your favorite princess - told you those people know how to market and data mine) and next thing you know, a package arrives with a personally autographed picture of your favorite princess - addressed to you, no less. And a few other nice things. Mine is now framed and in my office - getting all kinds of "where did you get that?!" remarks from my fellow Disneyites.

That is AWESOME! Thanks :) I can kiss some booty if I have too!

But if ever find out my Rapunzel picture was signed by some overweight 55 year old dude I am gonna have a piece of Mickey's booty on a platter :)

ParentsOf4

It was very clear to most that this was *always* the plan. And of course now people are claiming it is because of their incessant whining that this is happening. "Disney is listening". No, Disney is implementing a complex, multi-year IT system that has to be phased in over time. Park Hopping and >3 elements have *always* been the plan and to believe otherwise is absolutely a reflection on your own cynicism, not them. After being chided and derided so many times about this, it feels good to finally be vindicated.
No, the plan always was to start with a simple system, get it into guests' hands, and then iterate based on user feedback.

Even within Disney's corporate halls, there never was a clear consensus of what was the "best" way to implement FP+.

With that in mind, the system was designed to intentionally make it easy to rollout policy changes. It was designed to be flexible.

No one should assume the latest changes represent the final version of FP+. It will change again.

P.S. If you don't believe me, then consider what Disney P&R CEO Tom Staggs said: “Certain things have taken longer to make broadly available than we initially would have liked, but our rollout was designed to be flexible to ensure that the guest experience was always our first priority.”

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
That is AWESOME! Thanks :) I can kiss some booty if I have too!

But if ever find out my Rapunzel picture was signed by some overweight 55 year old dude I am gonna have a piece of Mickey's booty on a platter :)

My mother always told me you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, to which I would say, "why do I want to catch flies?" - the logic of a six year old. I just think those poor CMs on the phone catch hell on a constant basis, so I always try to be nice.

Well, the signature on mine is pretty girly, so I don't think so...at least I hope not....

flynnibus

Premium Member
First, did TDO depreciate functionality for 40% of their base at any time? While I would agree to a point that limiting FP+ to one park is slightly limiting and the 3FP+ limitation is a reduction that affects some park guests I don't believe at all that 40% of WDW guests without any benefit in return. Where did this 40% figure come from?

It was an analogy to product development -- not qualifying a specific number for Disney. But in Disney's situation, they alienated a huge portion of their audience... APs... off-site guests... even CMs. They excluded all those audiences with no forward looking guidance on what Disney intended to do for them. All one needs to do is look at this site over the last 2+ years to see what that type of 'tell you nothing' attitude brews.

I agree completely with other posts, it is not and will not be in TDO's best interest to layout a plan for future feature rollouts until they are ready to roll out. This is by design, they don't want anyone delaying their trips to WDW for a feature built on MM+, MDE, MB, PP+, FP+, etc

I don't know how many other ways I can say it - what I was talking about was NOT talking about dates. And do you really think people are going to tell little Johnny "no, we can't goto WDW this year or next because Disney hasn't told me the date Daddy's app will turn on". It's no different then Disney not announcing when specific attractions will open, etc. People are not saying "I'm not going to DAK this year because Avatar is years away". In the macro-environment that kind of stuff just gets washed away. People want to vacation, and they are limited in when they can do it.

TDO will continue to roll out features on MM as they deem ready based on internal timetables, this is a long term project with very real long term financial implications for TDO, I believe they have taken a page from the old 'under promise and over deliver' schoolbook.

Or "don't say anything that can be used against you" playbook. By withholding the longer term view and goals of the program, they keep people from holding them to those objectives in terms of being successful or not. It's really hard for investors to call them out as missing on deliverables when Disney is tight lipped about what they expect it to do.

BigTxEars

and how many calls of total confusion do you think they get now? Or people screaming at them because they believe they are being excluded or treated poorly? How many APs do you think have been giving them an earful?

Would those stop if they advertised upcoming features? I do not think they would. Confusion would not change at all, might even increase with dates of changes thrown into the mix, excluded or treated badly people would still feel that way if any fixes they would be happy with were in the future....The SP thing might calm down since they have a more long term commitment to WDW in general.

If I was head mouse I would not let anything out too early, liked posted before under promise and over deliver always works :)

BigTxEars

My mother always told me you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, to which I would say, "why do I want to catch flies?" - the logic of a six year old. I just think those poor CMs on the phone catch hell on a constant basis, so I always try to be nice.

Well, the signature on mine is pretty girly, so I don't think so...at least I hope not....

I bet is was a female, I was just kidding :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom