Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

LittleJMouse

Can someone please speak to how they are getting more than 3? I imagine it relates to being an AP holder and being selected and contacted by Disney to test. Or, finding out that you can add rides at the kiosk once your three are up for the day (simply because a couple people said "what the hey" and tried).

BigTxEars

Can someone please speak to how they are getting more than 3? I imagine it relates to being an AP holder and being selected and contacted by Disney to test. Or, finding out that you can add rides at the kiosk once your three are up for the day (simply because a couple people said "what the hey" and tried).

I think right now it's once you use up your 3 you can book more at the kiosk at the parks. A test i would guess, old school FP style. Then they will roll it to the app.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I'm an AP and I just tried on MDE and it still limits you to 3, so it must be at the kiosks in the park.

BigTxEars

Given that both men & women are in those characters costumes (I feel for the CM playing Pluto/Mickey on a hot August day in Orlando), you never know... ;)

Hey I was Doodles (Chick Fil A mascot) a number of times back in the day! I rocked that chicken suit in the heat!!

Your right about the "covered' characters being both genders but political correctness be d***ed, I don't want no dudes in drag playing my princesses!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hey I was Doodles (Chick Fil A mascot) a number of times back in the day! I rocked that chicken suit in the heat!!

Your right about the "covered' characters being both genders but political correctness be d***ed, I don't want no dudes in drag playing my princesses!

That would be some makeup job if they did...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Would those stop if they advertised upcoming features? I do not think they would.

Which do you think works better in a customer service situation?
a) "I don't know"
or
b) "yes, we are working on it"

Even if you can't give the customer what they want... showing you understand their plight and are working towards where they are helps diffuse people. Clamping down and giving empty answers with no commitments tends to escalate things.

I've worked in companies at both extremes... and I can tell you customers are far more forgiving of missing a target vs refusing to telling them anything.

You may not agree, but to argue that the model doesn't work or can't work is fallacy. As to what you think is 'best'... well we can all see how well the 'Tell them nothing' strategy has been working out for Disney in groups made up of their most loyal customers.

To each their own...

LAKid53

Premium Member
LOL it's only a matter of time before we see a lawsuit for the right to be a princess by some idiot dude! Might be a while but we will see one someday. :0

Noooooo... I don't want to see Aurora with a five o'clock shadow and makeup that is a foot thick! I think on that one we would all hear Walt turning over in his grave. Would make the whole meet and greet conversation interesting though - "Damn, this girdle and wig is killing me - I need a beer!"

BigTxEars

Which do you think works better in a customer service situation?
a) "I don't know"
or
b) "yes, we are working on it"

Even if you can't give the customer what they want... showing you understand their plight and are working towards where they are helps diffuse people. Clamping down and giving empty answers with no commitments tends to escalate things.

I've worked in companies at both extremes... and I can tell you customers are far more forgiving of missing a target vs refusing to telling them anything.

You may not agree, but to argue that the model doesn't work or can't work is fallacy. As to what you think is 'best'... well we can all see how well the 'Tell them nothing' strategy has been working out for Disney in groups made up of their most loyal customers.

To each their own...

Disney knows what they are facing from "upset" and "satisfied" customers day in and day out far better than you, I or anyone else on here or any forum for that matter do. They base their plans on this hard data as opposed to any conjectural data we may have. I think Disney knows customer service as well if not better than any other major company. They are not blinding making choices on how they do things.

Tigger1988

Noooooo... I don't want to see Aurora with a five o'clock shadow and makeup that is a foot thick! I think on that one we would all hear Walt turning over in his grave. Would make the whole meet and greet conversation interesting though - "Damn, this girdle and wig is killing me - I need a beer!"
What exactly does this conversation have to do with Fastpass+?

And hate to break it to you both but flying Tinkerbell has long been played by a man, no lawsuit required.

LAKid53

Premium Member
What exactly does this conversation have to do with Fastpass+?

And hate to break it to you both but flying Tinkerbell has long been played by a man, no lawsuit required.

Gee, can't Ears and I get off on a tangent (it all started with purple MB) without someone slapping our hands? :oops:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney knows what they are facing from "upset" and "satisfied" customers day in and day out far better than you, I or anyone else on here or any forum for that matter do. They base their plans on this hard data as opposed to any conjectural data we may have. I think Disney knows customer service as well if not better than any other major company. They are not blinding making choices on how they do things.

You make assumptions based on the company's past... which doesn't necessarily represent the current company. Don't let the history of the company cloud your view of the current company.

LAKid53

Premium Member
BUT, if you did have your picture taken with Tink by a PhotoPass/Memory Maker photographer, he or she could scan your non-purple Magic Band.
We've now come full circle. :)

Okay, I call uncle. Ears and I will stop talking about purple MB & our favorite princesses on this thread...

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom