News Disney to develop residential communities with new 'Storyliving by Disney' business

Walt d

So, no mention of "Celebration"
You know that... Master Planned, "Disney" community.. that....

Honestly, I hope no one gets sucked into buying these.
There track record is NOT good when it comes to this stuff.
Will it turn into a celebration? With lots of rules death and psycho neighbors? And eventually selling the property? I see no giant ears in the end of the lake. In the Artist rendering. And received no phone call for more disney related add-ons!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Disney is masterplanning, but I imagine it will be like Golden Oak where developers are responsible for individual housing designs.
Oh good homes, starting at the mid seven figures. That should tell a good story!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Fire Trash GIF

The Remy model…

Lilofan

Will it turn into a celebration? With lots of rules death and psycho neighbors? And eventually selling the property? I see no giant ears in the end of the lake. In the Artist rendering. And received no phone call for more disney related add-ons!
Last time I checked Celebration real estate that sold in approx 90 days did not sell at a loss. When one sells, there are a number of buyers. Whether they are all qualified, that is another story. All cash offer always gets to the front of the line though.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
View attachment 621577Hey Josh... what are you looking at?

I have a few theories... None of which are suitable for posting here.

Well, maybe one - His future employment plans outside of Disney?

ETA: How long do you think he sticks around to trot out Bob's bad-and-getting-worse money-making schemes? I give him 12 months and he's "looking to spend more time with his family".

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The timing of this is pure Bob-level genius! 5 to 6 interest rate hikes coming in the next year, meaning mortgages rates will be jumping up, the housing market will cool off, and people won't be looking to buy something like this. Brilliant!!! Give the bald-headed dork a raise on top of it!

Lilofan

The timing of this is pure Bob-level genius! 5 to 6 interest rate hikes coming in the next year, meaning mortgages rates will be jumping up, the housing market will cool off, and people won't be looking to buy something like this. Brilliant!!! Give the bald-headed dork a raise on top of it!
Do you think some foreign real estate investors moving their " money " into USA real estate which they continue to do so give a hoot about interest rates? All cash offer is music to a realtor's ears.

Polkadotdress

Any market can crash, this gives them more diversification. Most of celebration was built by Mattamy, but the overall design was/is controlled by TCC.
This is not true. We are in Celebration, and can attest that David Weekly built a large portion of the original homes. Issa is also common builder in town. McNally did a lot of the custome estate homes.

celluloid

I am not sure how Disney attempting to create their own master planned communities is indicative of a fall.

Fallen standards and failure are not the same. And my post was in reference to the poster that was clearly speaking more than just this thread.

Tron could be a successful coaster because people wait to ride it and spent some money in the gift shop. The standard is still not the same when it takes five years to build and open such an attraction.
This is not automatically one of those times but it makes sense for those to mock when it has not worked out very well before and current leadership seems to not be doing well with many other aspects of parks and resorts.

Walt Disney's EPCOT dream was never elite real estate. It would be silly to compare.

A second(you could say more) attempt is interesting, but if you want evidence of previous failure you could count Celebration as that could give a close idea.

EeyoreFan#24

This is a bold move for current day Disney. Celebration was a investment town in my opinion. This seems to be billed as a utopia built and managed by Disney. Seems more akin to Walts big goal, which is awesome but the pass/fail grade will be so tough and the ultimate answer to if they really can achieve what Walt wanted.

RSoxNo1

I'll say this, I do think this is a good idea for the company.
I'll also say this, the video makes this look like a cult and that D'Amaro and the lead Imagineer both have guns to their heads when they're speaking.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Fallen standards and failure are not the same. Tron could be a successful coaster because people wait to ride it and spent some money in the gift shop. The standard is still not the same when it takes five years to build and open such an attraction.
This is not automatically one of those times but it makes sense for those to mock when it has not worked out very well before and current leadership seems to not be doing well with many other aspects of parks and resorts.

A second(you could say more) attempt is interesting, but if you want evidence of previous failure you could count Celebration as that could give a close idea.
The need to link this particular decision directly to the parks seems strange IMO. And this is what many want to do. Is Disney allowed to do anything else without someone pointing to the broken Yeti?

Also, although the comparisons to Celebration are justified, that was under entirely different leadership and I don't even think the goal here is the same.

celluloid

The need to link this particular decision directly to the parks seems strange IMO. And this is what many want to do.
Well that is the issue. It is not many. It is the company.
It is Disney making this connected, as they have experiential storytelling designers, Imagineers working on it and are bragging on it calling it Storytelling living.(STORYLIVING) It is not many wanting to from the audience perspective, it is literally from the company line in this announcement material. The nomenclature is all there. Cast Member nomenclature started at the theme parks and that and more is in the article. It would be strange for someone not to make that connection of their attempt at this sale. The announcement is lead by DISNEY PARKS Chairman.

It was literally just presented as a part of parks branch of the company's work.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

So, no mention of "Celebration"
You know that... Master Planned, "Disney" community.. that....

Honestly, I hope no one gets sucked into buying these.
There track record is NOT good when it comes to this stuff.

EPCOT, Lake Buena Vista, Celebration....

There's decades of company research and practical experiments to demonstrate why Disney struggles with planned communities.

Golden Oak works because the inventory/number of occupants is so small.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom