Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

JROK

Would it be possible for Disney to move the Spider-Man ride to DHS?

Universal owns the rights to the attraction and the technology used in it... Disney would only own the characters...

I can see in like 5 years Disney taking the rights away from Universal or even forcing them to add something weird like, "Disney/Marvel" to all the names of things or something lol... But if they do take the rights away, it'd be easy for Universal to transform Spider-Man in Transformers and the like...

This is very interesting... IOA as we know it is could possibly be changing yet another island... and with the Dreamworks deal too... Man, they are trying to knock the legs right out from under Universal...

dznygirl64

NBC Universal owns the Weather channel maybe they could have the Jim Cantorie (spelling) coaster? :lol: Ok everyone you wont see them moving any coasters down I-4 anytime soon Marvel does'nt own the ride (coaster) just the name and likeness.The coaster would stay just retheme it.

HMF

Do any of you think that the Show Producer of the Spider Man ride and WWoHP who moved to WDI might have something to do with this?

SirGoofy

:eek:

This honestly is the best move Disney could have possibly made.

As a Marvel fan, I know they won't interfere in the comics creative process, and as a theme park fan this opens a HUGE opportunity for parks like DHS and DSP.

Avengers E-ticket, anyone?

Oddysey

Within the next 5 years Disney will own Universal as well.:lookaroun

I sincerly hope not. Dont get me wrong I am a huge Disney fan who never visits Universal because if I have the extra time I would prefer to go to Disney. However, I think the guest visiting Disney parks benefit from competition. If the competition is eliminated and Disney completely corners the Orlando Market, then who is going to push them to improve the parks? Competition breeds better quality.

SoupBone

I think we may need to get a petition going to let Disney know we don't want comic book characters in the disney parks!! I do not want to see a single superhero in any of my parks!!

First a petition would not work (20000 leagues). Second, I would start a counter petition welcoming the change. You have to realize that there will always be a counter view to yours. MGM/DHS would be fine. I agree though that they should stay away from MK, AK, and EPCOT.

Figment632

Great just great TL, FW, and DHS are disasters not to mention recent budget cuts but they have 4 billion to buy Marvel this is BS!!!!

Don't know it is been mentioned if it hasn't I'll get it out of the way 5th Gate or 3rd gate for DL.

Kamikaze

With this breaking news, I have some thoughts.

First off "the deal is not yet sealed", the marvel share holders still have to vote on it. But more than likely the deal will go thru.

$30 a share AND .75 of a DIS share means it will go through. You're getting basically double your investment per share.

On another note, this means Kingdom Hearts 3 could be REALLY crazy.

Great just great TL, FW, and DHS are disasters not to mention recent budget cuts but they have 4 billion to buy Marvel this is BS!!!!

Don't know it is been mentioned if it hasn't I'll get it out of the way 5th Gate or 3rd gate for DL.

Get a clue. Its not like its the same budget.

DocMcHulk

Remember folks, the Power Rangers have roamed DHS for a while. If the Power Rangers are there, there is plenty of reason to see Spidy and Cyclopes walking around.

DisneyMusician2

There will be no more gates, and people should hope there won't be.

With the upkeep and expansion problems the resorts already have, a new gate would be a lodging, transportation, and maintenance DISASTER.

Keep in mind, TDO bought Marvel, not the parks division. Disney is some much more than simply the parks divion, although they are a major part of the brand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom