Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

Suspirian

Well, there was a retheme I was expecting to see announced that wasn't announced, one that was (San Fransokyo - which will be just a meet n greet, dining and shops, no attractions).

If I had to guess, they were not happy about the Other Site stealing their PeopleMover thunder, but the whole redo has been undergoing changes since Lightyear flopped so hard. It's not a great sign that they were willing to disclose extreme blue sky concepts for WDW and not broach Tomorrowland at all.
You know considering the blue sky ideas that we saw from DAK I think im ok with not hearing what they have planned for Tomorrowland

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I think Disney believes they're doing TL justice with simple IP band-aids and making other small changes to the non-used spaces they have.

There will be no massive refurbishment til this regime is out, or a big buck and hot IP can take it completely over. Just my opinion.

For the time being it will remain a dumpster for overflow Star Wars and Toy Story space themes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So were is the Tomorrowland announcement? Where is the People Mover? Where is the change to motor boat cruise area? Were is Frozen ride? Tomorrowland is NOT the next big change.

What was the point of the Instagram post from Towbridge about motor boat cruise area? All Tomorrowland gets a lounge for DVC suckers.
All saved for a later Parks Blog announcement.....

Phroobar

Well, there was a retheme I was expecting to see announced that wasn't announced, one that was (San Fransokyo - which will be just a meet n greet, dining and shops, no attractions).

If I had to guess, they were not happy about the Other Site stealing their PeopleMover thunder, but the whole redo has been undergoing changes since Lightyear flopped so hard. It's not a great sign that they were willing to disclose extreme blue sky concepts for WDW and not broach Tomorrowland at all.
Example of backpedaling.

choco choco

For what it's worth, as soon as Bob Chapek implied that a new ride was coming to Avengers campus, I basically thought the Tomorrowland overhaul was off the table. There is no way two major projects are going to be in progress at the same time at Disneyland Resort. Doubly so since they consider the Splash Mountain and ToonTown redos to be major projects as well. '

I also think California Adventure deserves another major project, even after the Avengers ride (which seems like nothing much more than a Blue Sky concept right now) before Disneyland does.

SuddenStorm

I also think California Adventure deserves another major project, even after the Avengers ride (which seems like nothing much more than a Blue Sky concept right now) before Disneyland does.

Honestly, all of the investment that's gone into Disneyland since 2015 should have gone to DCA. Disneyland was as popular as ever- it didn't need SWGE, Tiana, Toontown, etc.

DCA still needs stuff to bring it up to the level of it's neighbor- you'll know DCA is finally 'there' when they decide to keep it open as long as Disneyland is.

britain

1 part Lightyear flop + 1 part “we need something to announce at D23 2024 in anticipation of DL’s 70th in 2025.”

It probably wouldn’t make the 100 Years of Wonder Celebration look very good if they promoted a bit of DL’s 70th at the same time.

mickEblu

1 part Lightyear flop + 1 part “we need something to announce at D23 2024 in anticipation of DL’s 70th in 2025.”

It probably wouldn’t make the 100 Years of Wonder Celebration look very good if they promoted a bit of DL’s 70th at the same time.

Wouldn’t we already know something is is up by then though considering the project would have to be well under construction to open less from a year out from the parks 70th?

waltography

There were so many opportunities for transitions in this presentation that I'm really surprised the TL redo wasn't broached at all; I was sure he was going to segue to it when they touched on Tokyo's Tomorrowland, then again at the end when he pontificated about the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom