Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

Phroobar

Galaxy’s Edge was not cut back in the way Tomorrowland 98 was cut back. The program of Galaxy’s Edge was cut to keep it within its massive $1 billion budget. Current Disney projects very much the closest any team would ever get to money being no object.
I thought GE was cut back because WDW didn't want to pay for another ride.

CaptinEO

Galaxy’s Edge was not cut back in the way Tomorrowland 98 was cut back. The program of Galaxy’s Edge was cut to keep it within its massive $1 billion budget. Current Disney projects very much the closest any team would ever get to money being no object.
If you want to talk about the restaurant and bantha ride, sure, but the droids, aliens, stunt show, and interactive characters are all entertainment that was cut (separate department). The stunt show actually has railings and walkways on the rooftops in place in both the Florida and California's Galaxy's Edge, they did use them one time for press day in California.

Consumer

No People Mover?
1662924246178.png

GiveMeTheMusic

Well, there was a retheme I was expecting to see announced that wasn't announced, one that was (San Fransokyo - which will be just a meet n greet, dining and shops, no attractions).

If I had to guess, they were not happy about the Other Site stealing their PeopleMover thunder, but the whole redo has been undergoing changes since Lightyear flopped so hard. It's not a great sign that they were willing to disclose extreme blue sky concepts for WDW and not broach Tomorrowland at all.

yensidtlaw1969

Well, there was a retheme I was expecting to see announced that wasn't announced, one that was (San Fransokyo - which will be just a meet n greet, dining and shops, no attractions).

If I had to guess, they were not happy about the Other Site stealing their PeopleMover thunder, but the whole redo has been undergoing changes since Lightyear flopped so hard. It's not a great sign that they were willing to disclose extreme blue sky concepts for WDW and not broach Tomorrowland at all.
Do you think that other retheme is still coming down the line? Was it in DL or DCA?

Nland316

Nope, not that one. And yes, it's still coming. I don't have permission to post any other details, I'm sorry. It's not a big one like Tiana/Splash.
Regardless of any plan changes, are you expecting TL to be the next major expansion/project for DLR? I’ve been under the impression it’s always between that, FL, or the Backlot. And I assume the backlot isn’t being touched until the Eastern gateway is back in the conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom