Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

Homemade Imagineering

If Buzz is staying for the long term, Launch Bay seems to be staying a little longer with the new lounge, Subs just got a refurb, and the Autopia can't be altered much because of its placement, leaves only a little to work with if they're planning an announcement of any kind that is something other than just aesthetic upgrades

Californian Elitist

If Buzz is staying for the long term, Launch Bay seems to be staying a little longer with the new lounge, Subs just got a refurb, and the Autopia can't be altered much because of its placement, leaves only a little to work with if they're planning an announcement of any kind that is something other than just aesthetic upgrades
You’re likely correct. I’m also assuming it will be more aesthetic changes than anything, given the logistics of the land.

Brer Panther

Y'know, an idea that I've heard suggested before is to turn Buzz into a dark ride based on "Hero's Duty" from Wreck-It Ralph.

What are our thoughts on that?

cookiee_munster

Y'know, an idea that I've heard suggested before is to turn Buzz into a dark ride based on "Hero's Duty" from Wreck-It Ralph.

tenor.png

Phroobar

The one I heard was Buzz would be turned into a Suger Rush racer similar to Mario Kart with AR glasses. I guess they took their idea to Universal.

Homemade Imagineering

You’re likely correct. I’m also assuming it will be more aesthetic changes than anything, given the logistics of the land.
True, and then again, it seems like it almost has to be more than that based on the comments made by @GiveMeTheMusic, and how this will be somehow geared towards fans. We already got an aesthetic update teased a couple years back with that entrance concept art, so there has to be something else other than just more of that. Idk, maybe I’m wrong, but I want to believe there is at least more than just aesthetic changes made

BrianLo

I'm easy to please, some cosmetics and a functioning people mover would leave me generally happy, even if there is literally nothing else.

Some other things that would play well would be new electric cars for autotopia, moving whatever the spinner is at the entrance, modernizing buzz. I won't get my hopes up that there is another net gain of an attraction. But if it's People Mover and some of the above that actually more or less gets Tomorrowland where I'd want it to be.

yensidtlaw1969

Do we have an idea when this potential New Tomorrowland/Peoplemover might open? I just realized I hadn't really thought about it before, but the way Disney moves these days it could be 2025 before any of this even hits the park . . . which would be better than never, but still put a slight damper on things.

mickEblu

Do we have an idea when this potential New Tomorrowland/Peoplemover might open? I just realized I hadn't really thought about it before, but the way Disney moves these days it could be 2025 before any of this even hits the park . . . which would be better than never, but still put a slight damper on things.

2025 for the 70th would be my Guess.

Nland316

Without knowing any specifics/scale of the update, I’d say work starts in 2024 (around PatF opens), and everything opens 2027/8.

Tokyo’s Space Mountain follows a similar timeline.

CaptinEO

Cynthia Harris said the ride damaged the infrastructure when she announced its closure. This means the track and supports need extensive repair.

Also if anyone doesn't know the Rocket Rods removed the speed tunnel when it was put in, in its place are lame fiber optic effects.

What misplaced IP is going to be assigned to the people mover? Iron Man?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom