Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

mickEblu

Honestly I'd actually like more of a futuristic design than the boxy original design for the vehicles. I'd like something with more curves and points at the front and back of the vehicle:

image.jpg

I know they won't do it given wanting to use the existing track, but I always thought a suspended POD type vehicle would look cool going over TL:

image.jpg

But I suspect just to keep costs down you'll get your wish and they'll look like the old vehicles. :)

Lol ain’t happening but they do look cool

Californian Elitist

Honestly I'd actually like more of a futuristic design than the boxy original design for the vehicles. I'd like something with more curves and points at the front and back of the vehicle:

image.jpg

I know they won't do it given wanting to use the existing track, but I always thought a suspended POD type vehicle would look cool going over TL:

image.jpg

But I suspect just to keep costs down you'll get your wish and they'll look like the old vehicles. :)
A pipe dream, it seems. But maybe I’m wrong. It would be nice if I’m wrong.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol ain’t happening but they do look cool
Yeah I know its never going to happen, but yep they do look cool and way more futuristic then the old design.

A pipe dream, it seems. But maybe I’m wrong. It would be nice if I’m wrong.
These aren't Disney designs, they are prototype designs of other Peoplemover type systems. The car type is from Charles Bombardier and the POD type is from Adolfo Esquivel.

They just represent designs I'd like to see Disney come up with for the vehicles if they do indeed bring back the Peoplemover. But I suspect they won't update the vehicles design much beyond whatever is needed for whatever ride system they decide to use.

Californian Elitist

These aren't Disney designs, they are prototype designs of other Peoplemover type systems. The car type is from Charles Bombardier and the POD type is from Adolfo Esquivel.

They just represent designs I'd like to see Disney come up with for the vehicles if they do indeed bring back the Peoplemover. But I suspect they won't update the vehicles design much beyond whatever is needed for whatever ride system they decide to use.
They aren’t Disney designs but this is what Disney should be aiming for in terms of a resurrected PM and what it should look like, or similarly. I don’t see the sense in giving us the same exact design from decades ago.

Homemade Imagineering

I wonder how the Magic Eye theater will fit into this overhaul. Now, I doubt there’s anything planned for the space, and I’m keeping my expectations low, but it would be nice to see the space utilized in a clever way someday

yensidtlaw1969

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Will it at least get an update? I don't *hate* Buzz, though I'd rather have something new for Tomorrowland. But if it's sticking around I'd like to think there's more they could do with it.

I'm choosing to believe the lengthy refurb the Subs just got suggests that they'll be staying in some form, but I know full well that stranger things have happened than kicking out a recently refurbed ride . . .

mickEblu

Bummer but I’m going to look at the glass half full here. Under the current regime I’m not sure (actually I know) I wouldn’t a full on TL redo. The kinetic energy of the PeopleMover is enough for me. It’s a gain with no loss. Wouldn’t trust them with Tomorrowland. I would take a gamble on Buzz but as we’ve seen it can actually be worse. The AntMan ride in Hong Kong looks abysmal.

yensidtlaw1969

I’m wondering how Lightyear may have affected Buzz, had it actually done well.
I feel like if they were spending money to transform Space Mountain then they wouldn't have also wanted to invest in changing Astro Blasters, but it's weird to think we could have had Astro Blasters on one side of the land and Lightyear Mountain on the other.

I wouldn't have necessarily minded (and still probably wouldn't mind) a Lightyear overlay to Astro Blasters. Make it into a Star Command "Training Module" of some sort. That would seem to make more sense in Tomorrowland than Astro Blasters does. And they can still use the word "recruits" 300 times along the way.

PiratesMansion

Buzz isn't perfect, but I'm a little surprised that it seems to be so disliked by some. It's not high art, but it's fairly inoffensive (as opposed to the truly dreadful Florida version). I far prefer it to, say, Pinocchio. I liked it more before FP was put on it-I miss the older days when you could get on at any point in the day within 10-15 minutes-but what can you do?

Since Buzz is tied to their absolute #1 most favorite MVP Animated IP (at least pre-Lightyear), I'm guessing it's here to stay for quite some time. It's probably the MOST safe of everything in Tomorrowland if I was to speculate.

Californian Elitist

Buzz isn't perfect, but I'm a little surprised that it seems to be so disliked by some. It's not high art, but it's fairly inoffensive (as opposed to the truly dreadful Florida version). I far prefer it to, say, Pinocchio. I liked it more before FP was put on it-I miss the older days when you could get on at any point in the day within 10-15 minutes-but what can you do?

Since Buzz is tied to their absolute #1 most favorite MVP Animated IP (at least pre-Lightyear), I'm guessing it's here to stay for quite some time. It's probably the MOST safe of everything in Tomorrowland if I was to speculate.
Pinocchio fits in nicely in Fantasyland. I want something better than a Buzz Lightyear themed shooter ride for the what’s supposed to be the land of the future. I’d rather ride a dark ride based on the future possibility of landing/living on Mars than ride Buzz.

I don’t think I’d be annoyed with Buzz if it was somewhere in DCA. Its placement in Tomorrowland is what annoys me the most.

mickEblu

Pinocchio fits in nicely in Fantasyland. I want something better than a Buzz Lightyear themed shooter ride for the what’s supposed to be the land of the future. I’d rather ride a dark ride based on the future possibility of landing/living on Mars than ride Buzz.

I don’t think I’d be annoyed with Buzz if it was somewhere in DCA. Its placement in Tomorrowland is what annoys me the most.

Exactly. It’s placement is my biggest problem with it. That’s some prime TL real estate.

180º

Your friend and mine Martin Smith just released a truly lovely video documenting Disneyland’s Monorail and Autopia. Interesting timing. Trying to tell us something, @marni1971 ? 👀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom