Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

el_super

Like the retheme or the fact that he helped save the tree? 2 big thumbs up for the latter.

He didn't really help save the tree. And he made some pretty weird/questionable decisions on the retheme (like replacing every single leaf on the tree).

There was nothing wrong with EDL/DLP, the park, as designed (the part he was responsible for).

Of course there was: It was incredibly expensive. They didn't just overbuild hotels (hotels are pretty cheap). They overbuilt the park too. And the idea that Tony is really bad with money and budgets would persist all the way thru his career.

Homemade Imagineering

04D21712-5D7F-4507-98FD-DD3D695129F4.jpeg
Saw this two nights ago, and just thought I’d mention it for the heck of it. Are the work lights in this tunnel usually turned on like this? I’m sure it means absolutely nothing, but I’m so used to seeing these tunnels pitch black from the outside

el_super

I think I’ll continue to believe all the other stories I heard including the one from his own mouth unless you care to expand?

The tree wasn't really in danger of being removed (maybe as an attraction). The footprint is too small to be meaningfully replaced by anything and the cost to tear it down would just be a waste. Case in point: Tony's long gone but the tree is still there.

el_super

Saw this two nights ago, and just thought I’d mention it for the heck of it. Are the work lights in this tunnel usually turned on like this? I’m sure it means absolutely nothing, but I’m so used to seeing these tunnels pitch black from the outside

They do have to send people through there every so often to do inspections and clean up work. Which is to say that it could be nothing.... but it could be something.

lazyboy97o

The tree wasn't really in danger of being removed (maybe as an attraction). The footprint is too small to be meaningfully replaced by anything and the cost to tear it down would just be a waste. Case in point: Tony's long gone but the tree is still there.
Those things don’t follow. The people who wanted to remove the tree are long gone. That they were were replaced doesn’t mean they were never there.

el_super

Those things don’t follow. The people who wanted to remove the tree are long gone. That they were were replaced doesn’t mean they were never there.

That doesn't really follow either though... Just because the people involved are gone, doesn't mean all the same criteria that would go into the decision making were suddenly resolved.

And all of this seems to ignore that Tony wasn't the key decision maker in saving the tree. Pressler would have been.

mickEblu

I’d like to call Tony Baxters biggest fan and friend to the stand. Ladies and gentlemen…. @Figments Friend

lazyboy97o

That doesn't really follow either though... Just because the people involved are gone, doesn't mean all the same criteria that would go into the decision making were suddenly resolved.

And all of this seems to ignore that Tony wasn't the key decision maker in saving the tree. Pressler would have been.
What you fail to accept is that Disney is not this super rational automaton that only does things based on some sort of God given rubric of “business.” What businesses value changes. Personal preferences vary between individuals and absolutely influenced their business decisions. So no, the criteria would not still exist because it is not a given constant, it is a variable that changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom