Disney Survey on implementing a $15 resort fee

flyerjab

As far as this goes, I am hopping in my Ford 91 Explorer and storming the castle with everyone else. This is inane! A fee? What does that even mean? Oh, our prices are outrageously high, but not quite high enough yet, so we are going to add some nebulous fee. And that really is what it is. Disney can tout that it is for this and that and the other thing, but it is just a different way for them to get more money. It is funny as I am a typical fan of WDW in general and view things positively. But this is crazy. It's like welcome to Disney, please take your magic band, go through our metal detector and please bend over before entering your onsite resort. Ridiculous!

DisneyPrincess5

@OliveMcFly I totally agree. Where does it end? And the problem is that the further the limits are pushed, there's no going back-ever. Like one day, new management is just gonna say "nevermind folks-no more fees! We're sorry we screwed up for so long! And here's some free goodies for you and yours!" Nope. The further the envelope is pushed, it'll just tear to the point of being irreparable.

erasure fan1

Presumably this is being instituted as a result of guest demand. :rolleyes:

I wonder if DVC members staying on points will have to pay this fee in cash on top. That would not make me a happy camper. :mad:
No this will be the big reason for twice as many DVC kiosks all over with the sales people yapping about all the money you will save by not paying resort fees. :rolleyes:

This is simple. Disney is going to push this till it breaks because as of now they haven't come close to the tipping point. It really isn't that far fetched for Disney to add a premium ticket when star wars land opens. Hey our local zoo does it for the dolphin show so why not! For X price you get admission to DHS but for $25 more, you get to experience star wars like never before! Disney does, because Disney can and the end of this nonsensical garbage is nowhere in sight. Sad, just sad.

OliveMcFly

@OliveMcFly I totally agree. Where does it end? And the problem is that the further the limits are pushed, there's no going back-ever. Like one day, new management is just gonna say "nevermind folks-no more fees! We're sorry we screwed up for so long! And here's some free goodies for you and yours!" Nope. The further the envelope is pushed, it'll just tear to the point of being irreparable.
Agreed! It's like a child seeing what they can get away with. They'll apply these fees and if they see it doesn't hurt business they'll just keep adding more and more as time goes on.

SYRIK2000

I didn't read this whole thread so forgive me if it's already been said... But they'll offset the outrage of a resort fee by finally officially offering additional FP+ to those staying on property. So the people will come. And they will pay the fees. And some will be happy. Because they didn't have to stand in line to ride Buzz when they would have otherwise.

Write it down. It will happen.
I like this idea. I'd have no problem with the resort fee if they gave me more fastpass+ selections. I like the Value = 3, Moderate = 4 and Deluxe = 5. I also think the fastpass+ tiers should be removed for on property guests.

Buried20KLeague

I like this idea. I'd have no problem with the resort fee if they gave me more fastpass+ selections. I like the Value = 3, Moderate = 4 and Deluxe = 5. I also think the fastpass+ tiers should be removed for on property guests.
upload_2016-3-9_10-34-40.jpeg

DisDan

For me, Disney lost me as a Resort guest many years ago when they hiked their resort prices through the roof, 2008 was the last time I ever stayed on site with Disney. Our vacations are so much more enjoyable now, we stay at Bonnet Creek (when we do Disney) where I can get a 2 or 3 bedroom villa cheaper than a Disney value resort. Honestly, my family hates the buses anyhow and Bonnet Creek is just as close to the action as any of the other on-site hotels. For the price difference you pay to stay on-site I don't see how this $15 is really the straw the breaks the camel's back. I mean people staying on-site are already agreeing to pay outrageous amounts of money for that privilege, I am sure Disney sees this and thinks they can just charge whatever they want and people will still pay..... and they will, sadly.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
For me, Disney lost me as a Resort guest many years ago when they hiked their resort prices through the roof, 2008 was the last time I ever stayed on site with Disney. Our vacations are so much more enjoyable now, we stay at Bonnet Creek (when we do Disney) where I can get a 2 or 3 bedroom villa cheaper than a Disney value resort. Honestly, my family hates the buses anyhow and Bonnet Creek is just as close to the action as any of the other on-site hotels. For the price difference you pay to stay on-site I don't see how this $15 is really the straw the breaks the camel's back. I mean people staying on-site are already agreeing to pay outrageous amounts of money for that privilege, I am sure Disney sees this and thinks they can just charge whatever they want and people will still pay..... and they will, sadly.

Not sure what is sad about people paying more to stay on site. If people want to pay it, let them pay it. If people don't, then they won't. If enough people won't, then Disney will adjust. The fact remains that there are other options other than Disney resorts, and it is up to each individual to weigh the pros and cons of staying on site. If people decide that paying more to stay at a Disney resort is worth it to them, let them make that decision. I won't fault them for that...it is none of my business.

CaptainAmerica

I think they problem most people fear. Is that Disney will charge this nightly fee AND increase room rate. So, not just $365 (350+15) It could instead be $380 (365+15). So the room price will not go down because they added this fee and split out all the freebies from the room rate.(as this was included in roomrate before) It will stay the same or increase. because they can.
They'll charge whatever they can until they reach resistance from the consumer regardless of the model. They won't stay at $350+15 or $365 if the customer is willing to pay $380. If customers are willing to pay $380, then we'd be looking at $365+15 versus $380, to which I ask again what's the difference?

DisDan

Not sure what is sad about people paying more to stay on site. If people want to pay it, let them pay it. If people don't, then they won't. If enough people won't, then Disney will adjust. The fact remains that there are other options other than Disney resorts, and it is up to each individual to weigh the pros and cons of staying on site. If people decide that paying more to stay at a Disney resort is worth it to them, let them make that decision. I won't fault them for that...it is none of my business.

I meant it's sad that Disney will (and probably has to) continue to price gouge because in-spite of all that, people continue to say it's "ok" with their wallets.

note2001

They'll charge whatever they can until they reach resistance from the consumer regardless of the model. They won't stay at $350+15 or $365 if the customer is willing to pay $380. If customers are willing to pay $380, then we'd be looking at $365+15 versus $380, to which I ask again what's the difference?
The problem is, they've already reached that saturation point and they're just being sneaky about upping the cost now. Look at all the resorts they have to discount and play the free dining game with in order to fill rooms. Look at all the deals given to the South American tour groups also to fill rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom