Disney stock...

AdventureHasAName

This did it. This finally got me to sell off my Disney stock. This was the final straw. I'm convinced this company is gonna tank and its IP library isn't going to be able to keep it afloat. The entire management team has mental illness.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

This did it. This finally got me to sell off my Disney stock. This was the final straw. I'm convinced this company is gonna tank and its IP library isn't going to be able to keep it afloat. The entire management team has mental illness.

Well this post won't last. However, I should point out that this YouTube-only 'special' aired in June of 2021. A year ago. And only now... SHOCK!!!

Good going on keeping relevant and keeping track!!

AdventureHasAName

Well this post won't last. However, I should point out that this YouTube-only 'special' aired in June of 2021. A year ago. And only now... SHOCK!!!

Good going on keeping relevant and keeping track!!
I only learned about it today. *shrugs shoulders* I wish I had known about it a year ago so I would have cashed out when the stock price was $180/share instead of $100/share. The company has cultural rot and it stinks from the head down.

Disstevefan1

This thread is about Disney Stock.
Folks may react to things TWDC does and sell their stock, thinking the stock will continue to go down so they want to get out while they can.
Folks may react to things TWDC does and happily watch and wait to try to guess how low the stock can go, so they can buy low.
Folks may react to things TWDC does and will buy in now thinking the stock is going to go up.

Could TWDC stock go lower? I think maybe it can.
Will TWDC stock recover in the long term ABSOLUTELY YES!

Do I own TWDC stock? Nope. I missed that boat big time... Now the share price is simply too high for me.. I don't want to talk about it...

OG Runner

You know there are really times when one should keep their opinions to themselves.
The poster took action based on a personal feeling and choice. Just because you don't
agree with the reason, is no reason to get snarky. The video was done a while ago, but
I had not been aware of it either. I wonder if there was a reason Disney didn't highly
promote it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Could TWDC stock go lower? I think maybe it can.
Not when it seems so many people have a buy order in:

1. When the stock hits a threshold of $99, $100, or $101.​
2. And because the stock bounces back up when it hits that threshold and all those buy orders are made, but then hits a plateau once all the orders are filled, then another group has their bots sell DIS when it stops going up, causing to dip down again (GOTO #1)​

Everyone's waiting for a bubble -- at least, the day traders are. Until then, they keep buying in at ~$100 keeping it in that neighborhood.

DisneyHead123

Saw this posted on another Disney board, it may be relevant to stock prices. Apparently Disney’s public image has taken a serious hit this year, at least as measured by this poll (still good but I guess it has fallen a lot compared to last year):

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Saw this posted on another Disney board, it may be relevant to stock prices. Apparently Disney’s public image has taken a serious hit this year, at least as measured by this poll (still good but I guess it has fallen a lot compared to last year):

I wouldn't say a loss of 3.3 points *in one year* is a 'serious hit.' But, it has indeed been declining since 2017 (which score of 82.0, BTW, seems to be in the range of the top score any company has ever received). Overall, in the past five years... *that's* a serious hit.

1653584523142.png

mharrington

So now it has been confirmed that Chapek will be around for another three years at least, which appears to be bad news for the company. It's bad enough that employee morale is so low, but stock continues to be even lower, which I would think would influence the Board of Directors' decision to keep or remove Chapek. Yet, in spite of the low stock, they kept him on. It seems to me they neither know nor care about the stock issue.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So now it has been confirmed that Chapek will be around for another three years at least, which appears to be bad news for the company. It's bad enough that employee morale is so low, but stock continues to be even lower, which I would think would influence the Board of Directors' decision to keep or remove Chapek. Yet, in spite of the low stock, they kept him on. It seems to me they neither know nor care about the stock issue.
The Board 100% knows the price of the stock every minute of the day.

What they realize is that who is in the CEO position right now doesn't affect the stock price. The stock is down just like the rest of the stock market.

As @BrianLo stated in another thread is the correct analysis of DIS stock:

"The stock price decline this year has very little to do with Chapek CEO run. It's still valued like a growth stock, or overpriced compared to their current earnings.

What has happened is a broader stock market trend (rapid interest escalation) and the wind coming out of the tech (particularly Netflix) sails that was artificially pumping up Disney stock. This is a stock that ludicrously passed its previous peak all while Parks and Resorts were mostly shuttered with COVID.

Disney is down 0.7% today or really is neutral in after hours trading and the S&P 500 is down 2%.

Get a grip everyone."

mharrington

The Board 100% knows the price of the stock every minute of the day.

What they realize is that who is in the CEO position right now doesn't affect the stock price. The stock is down just like the rest of the stock market.

But you would think that Chapek's many PR nightmares would negatively impact stock along with the rest of the company, wouldn't you?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But you would think that Chapek's many PR nightmares would negatively impact stock along with the rest of the company, wouldn't you?
There are many factors that go into the price of a stock, the least of which is CEO and their actions. That is not to stay there is no impact, but its the least impactful of the reasons why DIS stock is down this year.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Disney Board who unanimously approved his 3 year extended contract believes he's the guy to turn things around, wait and see. If he doesn't complete his contract he's not leaving empty handed that's for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom