Disney stock...

BrianLo

Further to my hypothesis... Netflix had good earnings... DIS is now up.

Really the stock has been way more heavily pegged to general bear market sentiments, oil prices, inflation, interest rates and Netflix than anything to do with Chapek's WDW policies.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Really the stock has been way more heavily pegged to general bear market sentiments, oil prices, inflation, interest rates and Netflix than anything to do with Chapek's WDW policies.
Completely agree, its like 99% everything else and maybe 1% about Chapek and his flubs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It was $92 five days ago, and in the after hours market it's $102!

Chapek's doing a terrific job!!!1!!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
DIS now selling for $97.40 as of Thursday. That's a 42% decline over the past year. Ouch. :oops:

And Amazon is down 30% over the past year.
And Sony is down 41% over the past year.
And Lionsgate is down 47% over the past year.
And Comcast is down 48% over the past year.
And Paramount is down 49% over the past year.
And WB-Discovery is down 55% over the past year.
And Netflix is down 61% over the past year.

The whole market is down at least 20% YTD, so its not surprising that Disney and all of its competitors are also down over the last year.

TP2000

And Amazon is down 30% over the past year.
And Sony is down 41% over the past year.
And Lionsgate is down 47% over the past year.
And Comcast is down 48% over the past year.
And Paramount is down 49% over the past year.
And WB-Discovery is down 55% over the past year.
And Netflix is down 61% over the past year.

The whole market is down at least 20% YTD, so its not surprising that Disney and all of its competitors are also down over the last year.

Yes, the US economy entered a Recession a few months ago and it appears to be gaining strength heading into 2023, when "experts" are saying it could be a very severe Recession.

I said this before, but I have never timed stock sales, including DIS shares I had, better in my life than I did in the spring of '21. If I'd been playing the market like that my whole life, I'd be as rich as Elon Musk. 🤣

Speaking of that, Tesla stock is up 3.5% over the past year. In a down market, in a growing Recession.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, the US economy entered a Recession a few months ago and it appears to be gaining strength heading into 2023, when "experts" are saying it could be a very severe Recession.

I said this before, but I have never timed stock sales, including DIS shares I had, better in my life than I did in the spring of '21. If I'd been playing the market like that my whole life, I'd be as rich as Elon Musk. 🤣

Speaking of that, Tesla stock is up 3.5% over the past year. In a down market, in a growing Recession.
We had this discussion before, its a very complex thing when calling an economy "in a recession", GDP is NOT the only factor. Its an easy quick indicator for the lay person, but its NOT the only factor. Which is why there is an official group that determines whether the US economy has met the actual criteria to be called in a recession.

I do agree that indicators are pointing to a recession happening, but so far its been held off by a good job market and good consumer spending which hopefully means it won't appear until Q2 2023.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It might be worse than everyone thinks, it has the potential. Just a few days ago Disney vs Kuba settled just before going to trial. The allegations from the whistle blower to the SEC was that Disney had been overstating revenue by ~3 Billion a year.

mharrington

So I just heard from the WDW site that shall go unnamed that Disney stock is tanking, and now even business analysts are demanding that Bob Chapek be removed. That cannot be good for the company.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I just heard from the WDW site

*THE* WDW site?

Follow the quoted sources back to the people who are saying this and show:
1. They are not a discredited hack like Cramer.​
2. They are not angry Disney fans fuming over something else. ("Fans" are not necessarily business experts.)​
Without quoting the source so that we can check their credentials, this is just fanwishing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom