Disney stock...

Lilofan

Talk about a wild stock market whiplash.
Better than investors in the Russian stock market. The other day, their market tanked 35% in one trading day session. If that ever happened in the USA, that would be catastrophic. I still recall Black Monday 1987 when the Dow Jones tanked 22% in one day.

Lilofan

Withdraw from Ukraine... Start World War III, who can say?

seth-meyers.gif
Not if the infamous Anonymous hacker gets their way. Currently cyber attacks are impacting/_directed at the Russian military. Anonymous is someone not to be messed with.

Slpy3270

Not if the infamous Anonymous hacker gets their way. Currently cyber attacks are impacting/_directed at the Russian military. Anonymous is someone not to be messed with.
Russia's gonna win anyway, but it will be a totally meaningless victory a la Battle of Hoth.

Lilofan

Ouch…it was up $3 early…

This stock is taking a beating like Rocky in rounds 1-8
If the Senate passes the recent proposed bill forcing employers to require employees to contribute 3% of wages weekly to 401K then Disney shares will see an increase of buyers. One of my mutual funds has TWDC among its largest holdings. We may have to get ready for not just mandatory deduction social security but also mandatory deduction 401K.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If the Senate passes the recent proposed bill forcing employers to require employees to contribute 3% of wages weekly to 401K then Disney shares will see an increase of buyers. One of my mutual funds has TWDC among its largest holdings. We may have to get ready for not just mandatory deduction social security but also mandatory deduction 401K.
I’ve told you this before…stop staring at your 401K. And stop listening to jim Cramer.

Here’s the reality: Dis has dropped significantly over the last year…far ahead of the indexes or comparable stocks. And the market is at a “high”…not in rebound mode…so watch out.

Now nothing is dire for them…of course…the rough seas will pass. Just might take awhile.

But it’s not a “post recession world” as the salesman present it as. That’s very fool hardy. There is probably a bit of needed reckoning coming. Disney might be ahead of that curve.

And you’re expecting passage and enactment of such a bill?? That’s a tough sell in this climate. They can’t agree to fund the marines and Smokey the bear.

Lilofan

I’ve told you this before…stop staring at your 401K. And stop listening to jim Cramer.

Here’s the reality: Dis has dropped significantly over the last year…far ahead of the indexes or comparable stocks. And the market is at a “high”…not in rebound mode…so watch out.

Now nothing is dire for them…of course…the rough seas will pass. Just might take awhile.

But it’s not a “post recession world” as the salesman present it as. That’s very fool hardy. There is probably a bit of needed reckoning coming. Disney might be ahead of that curve.

And you’re expecting passage and enactment of such a bill?? That’s a tough sell in this climate. They can’t agree to fund the marines and Smokey the bear.
One in charge is looking at the blue wave that work in the curved dome to support him and pass it. It looks like wait and see. More that buy shares at depressed prices especially DIS can work out in their favor when not if the stock price goes up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One in charge is looking at the blue wave that work in the curved dome to support him and pass it. It looks like wait and see.
Ehhh…I dunno. The “blue wave” is very loathe to enact anything that causes deductions. That’s a tax, kid…but a direct voter tax. Not really a winner for them.

Never assume the populace can see “Longterm value” in anything.

Plus…it’s a lot of money to “trust the market with”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Buy on the dip, rebounds ahead but the waves will be rocky for a bit more as the market continues to digest Netflix and other fallout from the big nothing that is the FL "issues".

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What’s it worth, Gordon gecko?
Its worth what someone is willing to pay.

Me, I see no reason why DIS can't get back up into the $180s once the current turbulence passes. Fundamentals really haven't changed, D+ is still seeing growth, domestic Parks are back to almost full capacity with only the APAC Parks requiring new closures recently, movies are back to almost full capacity with Marvel content leading the way. Outlook for the current quarter looks to be good, but we'll see May 11th.

Longer term I have no doubt a top management change is needed, but that will be something that only holds DIS down long enough to digest who takes over.

DIS is still a money making machine, not much is going to change that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its worth what someone is willing to pay.

Me, I see no reason why DIS can't get back up into the $180s once the current turbulence passes. Fundamentals really haven't changed, D+ is still seeing growth, domestic Parks are back to almost full capacity with only the APAC Parks requiring new closures recently, movies are back to almost full capacity with Marvel content leading the way. Outlook for the current quarter looks to be good, but we'll see May 11th.

Longer term I have no doubt a top management change is needed, but that will be something that only holds DIS down long enough to digest who takes over.

DIS is still a money making machine, not much is going to change that.
No, no…I passed freshman Econ. Don’t hide behind the shield, Milt

If you’re going to tell people to “buy”…casually…then give a valuation.

Just bring it…

I’m genuinely curious as to what you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom