Disney Springs tenant watch

NiarrNDisney

An Italian restaurant seems unlikely since Portobello Country Italian Trattoria is right around the corner.

The company that is building a new restaurant in Mannequins/8Trax (Patina Restaurant Group) also own the Italy Pavilions 3 restaurants. Since the company is known to have italian as well as steakhouse restaurant concepts it has been suggested and rumored that one of the two will be going into this spot.

Next Big Thing

If the amphitheater gets built, it'd be kinda cool if they did a sort of concert series at DTD, similar to Uni's Mardi Gras or Sea World's Bands, Brew & BBQ (with relevant artists, not has beens like Disney puts on at Epcot). The only problem is admission to DTD is free. So they'd have to be sure they would be making a bunch of money off F&B before ever moving forward with it.

71jason

Original Poster
If the amphitheater gets built, it'd be kinda cool if they did a sort of concert series at DTD, similar to Uni's Mardi Gras or Sea World's Bands, Brew & BBQ (with relevant artists, not has beens like Disney puts on at Epcot). The only problem is admission to DTD is free. So they'd have to be sure they would be making a bunch of money off F&B before ever moving forward with it.

In the concept art, the amphitheater was much more of a size for hosting a magician or Nova Era ... not relevant, national-name music acts. I wouldn't expect anyone more well-known than the diggary-doo (sp?) guy.

Bolt

In the concept art, the amphitheater was much more of a size for hosting a magician or Nova Era ... not relevant, national-name music acts. I wouldn't expect anyone more well-known than the diggary-doo (sp?) guy.
That and offer an additional stage for Disney Performing Arts to play on - maybe something that can hold a bit more of that since there is a lot of standing in the back near World of Disney, which causes major congestion.

MOXOMUMD

That and offer an additional stage for Disney Performing Arts to play on - maybe something that can hold a bit more of that since there is a lot of standing in the back near World of Disney, which causes major congestion.
Completely agree here. It's a pain moving through there on a crowded evening. Everyone seems to slow (or stop right in front of me:cautious:) to see what's going on.

SorcererDonald16

I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this question... Has anyone heard of a tentative opening date for that Co-op store that's going in the Team Mickey space? The Disney Parks blog has posted some really neat merch with attraction poster artwork on it, and it's supposed to be for sale there. I'm hoping that store will be open by late May when I'm supposed to be visiting the World. TIA!

Bolt

I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this question... Has anyone heard of a tentative opening date for that Co-op store that's going in the Team Mickey space? The Disney Parks blog has posted some really neat merch with attraction poster artwork on it, and it's supposed to be for sale there. I'm hoping that store will be open by late May when I'm supposed to be visiting the World. TIA!
June

Cody5242

I think I remember them announcing multiple amphitheaters throughout Disney Springs and think one of them is going to be a decent size

71jason

Original Poster
Has a company or restaurant group been named? Or what kind of food would be served?

Haven't heard anything, but with a "boat" and an "airplane" restaurant announced, and a "train" one rumored, I suspect they'll all be owned by Landrys (who are building the Boathouse). If there is a land/air/sea theme, I'd think one group would handle it.

BTW, Save PI dug up concept art for The Landing as a whole: http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2014/04/pi-update-new-concept-art-provides-lots.html

Still looks like the Observatory is coming in place of Planet Hollywood.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom