Disney Springs tenant watch

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Tenant list will be announced sometime this month.

This is per information I received in mid-January.
Is you for real or is this just like that dude who kept claiming mine train was soft opening on 2/7? If you are serious, that's good news. I'm very curious to see who they are bringing in.

Beholder

Someone help me out, but wasn't there a store in DTD that sold movie posters from Disney animated films along with other film memorabilia? Like animated cells or maybe even the movies themselves? I would love to see another shop specializing in nothing BUT Disney movie/tv merchandise. Perhaps even authentic movie props and/or autographs. Or maybe I've missed something and this is coming and I'm out of loop?

71jason

Original Poster
Someone help me out, but wasn't there a store in DTD that sold movie posters from Disney animated films along with other film memorabilia? Like animated cells or maybe even the movies themselves? I would love to see another shop specializing in nothing BUT Disney movie/tv merchandise. Perhaps even authentic movie props and/or autographs. Or maybe I've missed something and this is coming and I'm out of loop?

There was years ago, I believe it was replaced with the "hydro massage" chair place that ended up being torn down for Paradiso. So better part of a decade since it's been gone.

There was also a more generic movie memorabilia store where Harley is now. The failure of that and Syd C's in DHS suggests these aren't the most profitable ventures. Nor would your idea be third party. Both of which mean I don't see it happening.

vonpluto

Sounds like you're thinking of the shops that occupied what is now Paradiso.

Yesterears 1989 - 1992 became DTV 1993 - 3/06 (Dis character merchandise)
Suspended Animation 1989 - 12/04 (Dis cels, posters and lithos)

The building also contained Avigators 1989 – 1999, and
Sweet Surrender 1989 - 1991/Hill St. Diner 1991 - 1996/
Missing Link Sausage Co. 1996 - 3/06
;)

Beholder

Are you thinking of Starabilias, which was located where Harley is now?

Could be, it was years ago, perhaps 93-94 time frame. I just remember all of the great Disney movie posters. I do remember the store that had various movie memorabilia from many different films, but what I'm thinking of was seperate.

Beholder

Sounds like you're thinking of the shops that occupied what is now Paradiso.

Yesterears 1989 - 1992 became DTV 1993 - 3/06 (Dis character merchandise)
Suspended Animation 1989 - 12/04 (Dis cels, posters and lithos)

The building also contained Avigators 1989 – 1999, and
Sweet Surrender 1989 - 1991/Hill St. Diner 1991 - 1996/
Missing Link Sausage Co. 1996 - 3/06
;)

Suspended animation? That might be the one. Thanks for the breakdown!

Beholder

There was years ago, I believe it was replaced with the "hydro massage" chair place that ended up being torn down for Paradiso. So better part of a decade since it's been gone.

There was also a more generic movie memorabilia store where Harley is now. The failure of that and Syd C's in DHS suggests these aren't the most profitable ventures. Nor would your idea be third party. Both of which mean I don't see it happening.

Perhaps not on that scale? Maybe a smaller footprint, keeping "classic" film merch while rotating in the newer stuff. I like the "vintage" type movie posters and I personally would love to see it offered. But, that's just me.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
All we really know are concepts. We have the boathouse where Motion once stood, a steak house where comedy Warehouse once stood, and a presumed Italian place going into the MDP/whats left of 8-trax building.

So "The Landing" is thus far 100% dining.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

No store which sells quality new or antique merchandise is going to be as profitable as a store which sells poor quality private label junk which is sold at a 2000-4000% markup. What Disney has forgotten in their Walmarting of their brand is there is a market for BOTH and unless you cater to both market segments you are going to begin having perception issues relative to quality.

If I'm a potential investor in Disney and I wander through their retail outlets and parks and see only 'dollar store' merchandise sold at inflated prices i am going to perceive the company in a unflattering light, I expect to see SOME overpriced dollar store merchandise, But I also expect to see 'first quality' items.

When Disney did this they had operating profits of over 20%, Now minus the cuts and price increases some estimates place operating profit at under 10%....

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
No store which sells quality new or antique merchandise is going to be as profitable as a store which sells poor quality private label junk which is sold at a 2000-4000% markup. What Disney has forgotten in their Walmarting of their brand is there is a market for BOTH and unless you cater to both market segments you are going to begin having perception issues relative to quality.

If I'm a potential investor in Disney and I wander through their retail outlets and parks and see only 'dollar store' merchandise sold at inflated prices i am going to perceive the company in a unflattering light, I expect to see SOME overpriced dollar store merchandise, But I also expect to see 'first quality' items.

When Disney did this they had operating profits of over 20%, Now minus the cuts and price increases some estimates place operating profit at under 10%....

I agree, they are trying to straddle both high quality and quantity over quality focused customer groups and will end up alienating one or both groups in the process if they don't pick a long-term direction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom