Disney Springs tenant watch

jt04

Per OBJ today it was announced during a behind the scenes tour for a select few that Disney Springs will be receiving some venues unique to the USA. I know that is important news for some of you.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Per OBJ today it was announced during a behind the scenes tour for a select few that Disney Springs will be receiving some venues unique to the USA. I know that is important news for some of you.

To be more specific...

"new international restaurant and retail options that do not have any presence anywhere else in the U.S."

tamotu99

Harrods is not the right shop for Disney Springs, its a department store, while you may not have a Harrods nearby you can buy all the same stuff (except the food hall which i highly doubt they will have) at much cheaper prices

jt04

Harrods is not the right shop for Disney Springs, its a department store, while you may not have a Harrods nearby you can buy all the same stuff (except the food hall which i highly doubt they will have) at much cheaper prices

The average guest would relish the opportunity. Even if a scaled down version.

MagicMinnie

As someone who visits from the UK each year for a month a Topshop would be :-( Its not a store I see 'fitting' in Disney Springs...over here its very much your run of the mill mall store ,nothing major.

Being foodies hearing new restaurants coming is welcomed.Hubby is Sicilian and Italian cicchetti type place with Italian size tapas offerings would be great and a really really good Asian restaurant would be great to see.

71jason

Original Poster

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Having been to the STK in Las Vegas, I must say I can't see it working AT ALL in Orlando. The vibe of the place would seriously clash with somewhere like Disney Springs.
It will be interesting to see. It wouldn't work with the current crowd at DTD, but I get the feeling Disney is looking to attract somewhat of a different crowd too with Disney Springs. Lots of people in O town for corporate conferences have probably been to the one in Vegas or NY or DC and would maybe stop in, but I'm not sure there's enough of a locals crowd to sustain it.

Mike730

Do you guys remember this??

I spent a little too much time on this, but anyway here's a video of the aforementioned Amphicar buyer on Fast and Loud...

Also check this out from wikipedia..
"Steven Schussler is a developer of theme restaurants and the creator of the Rainforest Cafe. He has created, built and owns T-Rex Cafe, Yak & Yeti Restaurant, Betty & Joe's, Hot Dog Hall of Fame, Galaxy Drive In, and Backfire Barbeque."

I should have put the connection together sooner. Basically Steve Schussler (creator of the Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex) was seen on the show Fast and Loud buying an Amphicar, and presumably others, for an Orlando Resort.

Now we know he owns the Boathouse....

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I have to admit that I find it terrifying and odd that we have a whole thread devoted to stalking the vendors and sales people who will work at Disney Springs. I know if I worked at the Disney Springs Hamburger and Condiment Emporium I would be paranoid that every person I saw with a wdwmagic t-shirt or pin was keeping tabs on me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom