Disney Springs Plans: What do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt04

Half of your list had to happen. A new president was elected and the Enchanted Tiki Room caught on fire. And Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is nothing to brag about.

They could have kept doing "as required" work but that seems to be a technique that is increasingly not practiced. Rather they now fix stuff to last. Hopefully Splash is getting that treatment this time. Bottom line is though that things have definitely changed in the last few years.

lazyboy97o

They could have kept doing "as required" work but that seems to be a technique that is increasingly not practiced. Rather they now fix stuff to last. Hopefully Splash is getting that treatment this time. Bottom line is though that things have definitely changed in the last few years.
What was "fixed to last?" The turned off effects at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?

jt04

Previous management? You mean like Meg Crofton? Erin Wallace? Phil Holmes? ... You know the same management that was prior and is current. And you do realize Tiki was only done because of a fire and BTMRR looked godawful in December after its closure.

And I don't claim to be an expert. But compared to most, I am. ... I believe the current Prez of WDW has introduced me to other individuals with the phrase 'This guy knows more about Disney than I do!' I'll take his opinion over yours, old pal!

MSUSA has been completely restored? So, there's a bank or shop as soon as I enter the tunnel on the left? And the Penny Arcade and Cinema are back? And one entire side of MSUSA has not been turned into a giant WoD store with meaningless facades? Did I miss something?

Has that happened too?

Yes, because the one thing WDW has lacked is hotels and timeshares. Just ask anyone in the hospitality business.

I am such a simple Spirit ... are you suggesting the above reasons will draw more guests in (along with the newfangled Tangled toilets)? Don't want to misunderstand anything here.

Let me try this then I have to go on to other priorities. It would not be helpful to build out DTD without the parking facilities to support the resulting crowds. The cart and the horse saying comes to mind. Nothing is less glamerous than parking garages. But the are necessary. Iger has built the parking places so somebody else can build the fun stuff like a Cars Land. Can't make it simpler than that for you.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Let me try this then I have to go on to other priorities. It would not be helpful to build out DTD without the parking facilities to support the resulting crowds. The cart and the horse saying comes to mind. Nothing is less glamerous than parking garages. But the are necessary. Iger has built the parking places so somebody else can build the fun stuff like a Cars Land. Can't make it simpler than that for you.

OK ... so a parking lot for a mall had to add parking garages before a theme park could be expanded? Yep ... that's the old JT.

jt04

OK ... so a parking lot for a mall had to add parking garages before a theme park could be expanded? Yep ... that's the old JT.

It is an analogy. I know you have trouble stretching your mind that far but AoA and expanded GF etc are part of longer range plans. Infrastructure first. Crowds second.

Look at Universal. They built two massive parking garages when they knew very well they would not fill them on a daily basis. But soon they will. It is called logic. Try it out someday.

puntagordabob

It is an analogy. I know you have trouble stretching your mind that far but AoA and expanded GF etc are part of longer range plans. Infrastructure first. Crowds second.

Look at Universal. They built two massive parking garages when they knew very well they would not fill them on a daily basis. But soon they will. It is called logic. Try it out someday.

true... easier to build now with the extra room..than to build smaller and to quickly exceed your room (epic fail).

jt04

Jose runs the Tiki Room again... as far as my concern it was a "Genius move" on their part... publicity stunt or not..... this made a lot of people happy...

He does not understand the logic of having enough facilities and infrastructure to support any undertaking. Obviously he has never heard of Woodstock. And I am tired of trying to explain it to him and his following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom