Disney Springs Plans: What do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhall

There has never been a parking problem at DtD. Years ago the DtD buses used to run a route through the various parking lots to pick up passengers. The first stop was always the marlet place and the last stop was on the west side. After several years they eliminated the west side bus stop due to lack of use by passengers. The same is still true today. Lot number 5 (as it is now called) always has plenty of empty parking spaces.

The vehicle turnover in the other lots is so frequent that spaces open up constantly. In short, they don't need a multilevel parking garage with the current visitation the area now experiences. I think we can all agree that Disney is a master of crowd control and crowd movement. If they propose to build a parking garage at the DtD location then they must expect a significant increase (double or triple?) in visitation with their new plan. The crowds at DtD are rather brisk now and any increase would just make me less likely to visit.

This is the same company that thought a large number of guests would reluctantly "settle" for Disneyland because they couldn't get into DCA.

Cody5242

70 in one week? I'd wager it won't break 25 mil.
Are you an idiot? Jack the giant slayer made 27 mill and that's considered a family film. Oz has that going for it and its a Disney film and a well known property. You just won idiot comment of the day. Can't wait to see your reaction once the films final numbers are out for the weekend

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are you an idiot? Jack the giant slayer made 27 mill and that's considered a family film. Oz has that going for it and its a Disney film and a well known property. You just won idiot comment of the day. Can't wait to see your reaction once the films final numbers are out for the weekend

You gonna pump your chest if it hits 30mil?

And then what are you gonna do if it never makes back it's money? Disney can spend spend spend spend spend on its marketing like they do now to get a fluffy first week.. but that only means they need that much more revenue to even break even. This one is gonna be a write-off.

Cody5242

And then what are you gonna do if it never makes back it's money? Disney can spend spend spend spend spend on its marketing like they do now to get a fluffy first week.. but that only means they need that much more revenue to even break even. This one is gonna be a write-off.
I'm not saying its going to make its money back but I can guarantee it will make more than 30 mill

Genie of the Lamp

I need some conformation on this, but I was surfing the web and I came up to Wdwsource.com and saw this article on their talking about a possible Marvel integration into Disney Springs. Again, I want conformation on this as right now I don't see it happening, although the article does make the point that since Marvel characters can't be integrated into the WDW Parks (can be squeezed on WDW property), they could try to squeeze em in this new plan be it a character dining facililty,etc. Here's the link and it's the first article that pops up:
http://www.wdwsource.com/
Honestly though, I don't see it happening based on what the people who read and deciphered the plans said it's going to be like. From a financial standpoint, it would've been nice had they decided on including a Marvel merchandise store. Again, I don't see this happening but it's a nice scenario to think about though.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

This isn't a guarantee or anything, but take a look. 30 mill is pretty much out of the question at this point.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/disneys-oz-tracks-huge-80m-debut/

dhall

It flat out amazes me that the Tanger outlet mall by me draws in people for miles and miles, seems we are the only game in town as far as some of the stores. We actually have two Tanger outlets and they pack the people in. ??? Not a big deal to me but I also live minutes away from them.

Here's what gets them all excited. http://www.tangeroutlet.com/hiltonhead/

We vacation on Hilton Head every year or two, and my wife has to hit both Tangers every single time. We also usually spend at least one evening in DD on every trip there, as well.

alphac2005

It flat out amazes me that the Tanger outlet mall by me draws in people for miles and miles, seems we are the only game in town as far as some of the stores. We actually have two Tanger outlets and they pack the people in. ??? Not a big deal to me but I also live minutes away from them.

Here's what gets them all excited. http://www.tangeroutlet.com/hiltonhead/

The irony is that outlet stores no longer are outlets for the majority of the retailers. They are generally shops with lower (most cases, much) quality product, or quite honestly, inferior. For example, Brooks Brothers will outlet their high end suits and shirts where the most discounted dress shirt can still fetch $300+, but the majority of their clothing is an inferior line of dress shirts and polos that don't last much better than one at a fraction of the cost at a big box store.

As for this outlet concept, if the name APPLE is involved, it's a far cry from an outlet.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Anyone else notice that the Pollo Campero building is gone in these plans? I've heard rumors that its days were numbered – it would seem those rumors have been all but confirmed.

I've heard conflicting stories, some say it will relocate, some say it will leave.

I dined there once about a month or two after it opened. I found it OK. Nothing more or less.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I've already given my negative review. I think it will do decent in the box office, just because its not going to compete with anything.

Really? Where? I didn't know you had seen it.

My prediction is $69 million opening. It's not gonna be a John Carter, but it's not gonna be an Alice either. ... I haven't decided whether to actually see it or just wait and see it on my upcoming Disney Cruise.

WDW1974

Original Poster
IMO DAK Lodge and the WL are the last two projects that TDO has done I would consider doing it the "Disney way"......incredible detail and themeing. AOA is very nice but just the sheer size of the resort turns me off.

My point was that today's younger and less discerning older fans don't seem to grasp the fundamental difference between decoration (much like what you may put up around your house for Halloween or Christmas or St. Patty's Day just on a larger scale) and THEMING, which is incredibly detailed work that transports you to another time, place, world etc.

That's one reason that I believe Disney has been able to get lazy with what they do at WDW.

AoA is not a themed resort, no matter how they want to describe it. Just like the new Princess rooms at Dixie Landings are not themed.
They are decorated.

It is much pricier and difficult to theme something, than it is to decorate something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom