Disney Scrapbook Idea Swap.

Missymoe4

Okay, I started a new thread for layouts! I thought of a bunch of thread topics. Like Disney page titles, Disney scrapbooking products, your scrapbooking space, etc! Lets get going!:)

Excellent Idea!

I really need to begin mine. I have so many ideas, but find myself stressing about finding time and the creativity to do it all...

I really, really need to get my behind in gear!

However, all of you are a great help...so inspiring and motivational...thanks all for sharing! I greatly, greatly appreciate it!

haveyoumetmark

You know, guys do scrapbook too...they just don't tell anyone. So, come join us...you might like it, then become addicted like me. :D I promise, we won't tell. :lookaroun

:lol: That's me. Although I stopped a few years ago, this dedicated Scrapbooking forum is probably going to make me start up again.

ljs1691

This book is AMAZING! I love it. I bought it at Michael's craft store and was able to use a 40% off coupon...not only a good resource, but also a good deal money wise!

I noticed about 2 months after I got mine they started showing up everywhere. I couldn't find them in the local stores back then. Now everyone has them and the 40% coupon is the way to go. I agree that it is worth the money. (I got mine 40% off too) The ideas are fabulous.

ThinkTink721

Different ways to scrapbook

I'm curious...
I have done several scrapbooks in the past few years...
One of them being about our WDW trip last summer...
Do people usually put their scrapbook pages together & then add the photos after the trip?:shrug:
I have always waited until after the trip to assemble the pages, but this time I have all of the materials & I know what I am going to put on each page.
Would you suggest putting the pages together before the trip & adding the photos afterwards?:veryconfu
That way, I also know what I have to take photos of.
What is your opinion?
:wave:

ljs1691

Hey Tink, here is the way I see it. If you have all your pages ready before your trip, you will have (almost) instant gratification when you get back and insert your photos.

Now you may consider this, you could come back with some photos that need a page you weren't planning for. Ok, no problem, either add a few pages (if your album will allow) or leave a few empty pages for the unexpected gems.

To answer your question, I think a lot of scrapbookers are using premade pages for upcoming things like a vacation, birth of a baby, etc. However, there is no way to plan for everything in life. Just do what makes you feel that happy scrappy feeling.:D I know I could never be that prepared so I'll have to stick to scrapping everything afterward.

Have fun!!

mouselvrmom

I'm curious...
I have done several scrapbooks in the past few years...
One of them being about our WDW trip last summer...
Do people usually put their scrapbook pages together & then add the photos after the trip?:shrug:
I have always waited until after the trip to assemble the pages, but this time I have all of the materials & I know what I am going to put on each page.
Would you suggest putting the pages together before the trip & adding the photos afterwards?:veryconfu
That way, I also know what I have to take photos of.
What is your opinion?

I have never done an album that way, but I have heard of people doing it. I know people will take a specialty book like a disney trip or a special event and premake the pages, then after the event put the pictures in and the book is done. I have heard of people premaking books for gifts as well.

I have never done it because I never know what I'll have. I know I could make a dumbo page for example and then take pictures on the dumbo ride and be done. Maybe that would make sure you took the pictures you wanted because you already have a page for it. I never know how many pictures that I will want on that page, though or how I will set it up until I have the pictures, so I probably won't do it. I usually buy stickers or embellishments in advance so then I know what pictures I need to take from the embellishments I have. :lol:

ThinkTink721

My pages...

I won't have room in my book to make specific pages for certain rides.
What I did last year & will probably do this year is take 2 adjacent pages & use those for 1 park.
That way when you're looking through the book, there is one park as the theme.
I also like to do the character meals (I usually reserve 1 page for each).

This is what I have planned for this year's book:
Page 1 - Travel
Pages 2 & 3 - Resort
Pages 4 & 5 - 1900 Park Fare & Cinderella's Royal Table
Pages 6 & 7 - Magic Kingdom
Pages 8 & 9 - Disney Studios
Pages 10 & 11 - Animal Kingdom
Pages 12 & 13 - Epcot
Page 14 - Beach Club Resort - Cape May Cafe' & Beaches & Cream
Page 15 - 'Ohana's Best Friends b'fast at Poly
Page 16 - Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Page 17 - Boating/Pirate Cruise/Fishing
Page 18 - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Page 19 - Chef Mickey's
Page 20 - Fun Photos

Let me know what you think!

ljs1691

Sounds like you need a bigger album.:lol: I could do an entire album on each park.

I agree on the two page layout thing so you see one park at a time.

mouselvrmom

ThinkTink, I like the way you have your pages laid out. It makes sense. And I commend you for being able to fit your character meals on one page! I think I have 6 pages from my CRT, 4 from our Cape May Cafe breakfast and at least 2 or 3 from all of our others. I guess I either take too many pictures, or just include too many pictures in my albums. But all of them turn out so good that it is hard to not include them all! :lol: I ended up filling 2 12x12 albums on this last trip and I don't forsee it getting any better in subsequent trips.

You'll have to post your pages after your trip and we can see how you manage to condense things! I'm looking forward to it! :)

ThinkTink721

ThinkTink, I like the way you have your pages laid out. It makes sense. And I commend you for being able to fit your character meals on one page! I think I have 6 pages from my CRT, 4 from our Cape May Cafe breakfast and at least 2 or 3 from all of our others. I guess I either take too many pictures, or just include too many pictures in my albums. But all of them turn out so good that it is hard to not include them all! :lol: I ended up filling 2 12x12 albums on this last trip and I don't forsee it getting any better in subsequent trips.

You'll have to post your pages after your trip and we can see how you manage to condense things! I'm looking forward to it! :)
I always put my fav pics in the scrapbook & then I have a whole other photo album for the other pics!:D
I think we took between 400 & 500 pics on our trip last summer!:eek:

nibblesandbits

I won't have room in my book to make specific pages for certain rides.
What I did last year & will probably do this year is take 2 adjacent pages & use those for 1 park.
That way when you're looking through the book, there is one park as the theme.
I also like to do the character meals (I usually reserve 1 page for each).

This is what I have planned for this year's book:
Page 1 - Travel
Pages 2 & 3 - Resort
Pages 4 & 5 - 1900 Park Fare & Cinderella's Royal Table
Pages 6 & 7 - Magic Kingdom
Pages 8 & 9 - Disney Studios
Pages 10 & 11 - Animal Kingdom
Pages 12 & 13 - Epcot
Page 14 - Beach Club Resort - Cape May Cafe' & Beaches & Cream
Page 15 - 'Ohana's Best Friends b'fast at Poly
Page 16 - Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Page 17 - Boating/Pirate Cruise/Fishing
Page 18 - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Page 19 - Chef Mickey's
Page 20 - Fun Photos

Let me know what you think!
That's what I did on my last scrapbook. I did two pages that were across from each other for each of the parks, did a resort page, did a CM page and did a fun page. It worked out a lot better that way. Sure, I had more pics that I could have put in there, but I was being selective about the ones that I chose to go in the scrapbook.

ThinkTink721

What I do on my park pages is include our fav rides & attractions.
I also try to pick up at least 2 park maps when I visit so that I can keep 1 & use the other one for the pics & lettering on my pages.
I use alot of character pics on my dining pages.
Since my DD got to do The Princess Tea Party last summer, I dedicated 2 pages to that (she actually got a scrapbooking kit w/ her party pkg. that I used).
I did not want to leave my 2 DS out, so I dedicated 2 pages to each of them & included pics of them w/ their favorite characters.
They also did the Pirate Cruise, so there was a page for that.

Disneyfalcon

Thinktink, it sounds like you've got it all planned out. I think it's a great idea to do it beforehand. That would make the anticipation even more exciting!!

Now if I could only get caught up on old trips!! We lived in SO Cal last year and went to DL about 27 times in one year! I assume I will make most of those trips into one album. I will have to be VERY selective on pictures!:)

ThinkTink721

Thinktink, it sounds like you've got it all planned out. I think it's a great idea to do it beforehand. That would make the anticipation even more exciting!!

Now if I could only get caught up on old trips!! We lived in SO Cal last year and went to DL about 27 times in one year! I assume I will make most of those trips into one album. I will have to be VERY selective on pictures!:)
27 times in 1 year! OMG!!!:eek:

mouselvrmom

I always put my fav pics in the scrapbook & then I have a whole other photo album for the other pics!:D
I think we took between 400 & 500 pics on our trip last summer!:eek:

Oh, I see. That makes sense! I took over 500 pictures this trip, but had to put all of them in the album- I just couldn't leave anything out. :ROFLOL:

mouselvrmom

It sounds like you are going to be busy for a very long time! :ROFLOL:
But at least it will be fun reliving all of those great memories!

ThinkTink721

Making a scrapbook for someone else

My in-laws are going w/ us on our trip in Sept.
My mother-in-law is not big on scrapbooking, but she does like to look at scrapbooks.
I am thinking about making a small scrapbook for her.
I am pretty sure that I will have plenty of stuff left over to make one w/o having to buy more items.
What sort of scrapbook would you recommend?:veryconfu
Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks!

WDW-LUVR

My in-laws are going w/ us on our trip in Sept.
My mother-in-law is not big on scrapbooking, but she does like to look at scrapbooks.
I am thinking about making a small scrapbook for her.
I am pretty sure that I will have plenty of stuff left over to make one w/o having to buy more items.
What sort of scrapbook would you recommend?:veryconfu
Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks!

In 2005 My sister and her family went to WDW with us and I made her a Scrapbook of the trip. I bought her a book with her favorite character on it and filled it. I did Pages of character meals, in front of the castle, our child Playing togehter (feeding the ducks :lookaroun ), at the resort, Traveling to an From. A Group pic. I'm going to visit my sister today, I will take some pictures of it and post them tonight.

Disneyfalcon

I made a disney scrapbook for my parents. It was actually our way of telling them that we were giving them a Disney Cruise for Christmas one year.:D

I made a small 7x7 creative memories Disney book. It had pictures from each Disney trip we'd taken with them. There were four pages for each trip. The first page had details of the trip - who went, when, where we stayed, etc. The second page had a group picture. The third and fourth had pictures of them and their grandkids.

Since this was our way of telling them, the last four pages had the details of the upcoming trip, and blank mattes for the upcoming pictures.

I'm glad that you asked this, I need to add pages from our last trip, and get some pages ready for our next one! Thanks for reminding me!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom