News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Creathir

The next recession will see the same thing as the last. Contracts flooding the market, people will buy them for peanuts and there will be even more members with large portfolios.

There are two pools. One of which has what looks like a great Fantasia themed splash play area for kids; not sure how good the slide is.

I actually like the more “formal” layout of the landscaping of the quiet pool, even if it does look somewhat boring. I think as a quiet pool to simply float around in, or even do some lengths, it fits the bill.
Agree completely.
The main pool is more than adequate.
For those complaining, look at Kidani or BWR’s pools.
Nothing spectacular. Adequate for having a place to relax on a down day.

Im convinced some people want to hate this just to hate it and nothing more.

nickys

Premium Member
While I am aware this is assumed to be French Riviera themed, it is not specified as such. There are actually 17 areas around the world known as "Riviera," 18 if you consider Florida's other one affectionately known as "Redneck Riviera" in Panama City.

Yes but this is meant to be inspired by Walt’s travels in the Italian Riviera. The art work includes photos of him and names like Topolino back up the theme.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes but this is meant to be inspired by Walt’s travels in the Italian Riviera. The art work includes photos of him and names like Topolino back up the theme.

Well, Italy and France.

Think of it as the Mediterranean Riviera. In fact, that's what they should have called it unless they're saving the name for a new monorail resort.

Creathir

As a DVC member I would like to see the pool area be a little more than "adequate". But that ship has sailed apparently. Which is disappointing for those who don't frequent the parks and spend more time at the resort.
Please do tell what you’re expecting exactly?

I find the pictures of the pool to be exactly what I expect from a DVC resort.

lazyboy97o

While I am aware this is assumed to be French Riviera themed, it is not specified as such. There are actually 17 areas around the world known as "Riviera," 18 if you consider Florida's other one affectionately known as "Redneck Riviera" in Panama City.
That it is supposed to be the French and Italian Riviera is not an assumption. The hotel is not a celebration of all riviera’s nor is London famously known as the English Riviera.

Incomudro

Agree completely.
The main pool is more than adequate.
For those complaining, look at Kidani or BWR’s pools.
Nothing spectacular. Adequate for having a place to relax on a down day.

Im convinced some people want to hate this just to hate it and nothing more.

So, here's the new tagline for this deluxe resort:
Disney's Riviera - Our Main Pool is Adequate

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Finally got to see a couple of videos of the Tower Studios. Boy are they small!

We're interested because it's mostly just 2 of us visiting. After watching just 1 person moving around (recording video), I got a better idea of how the very small space would, or wouldn't work for two people. When the bed is down, the place looks quite cramped, imo.

The overall design is nice, though, and I liked the bathroom too. We travel with one 29" bag each, (foreigners) and I'm wondering where we'll store them. The closet isn't an option, too small. The overall storage situation is scarce, just 4 very small drawers to put clothes in.

The points needed to upgrade for a Studio, are too much. I'd only consider staying, if travelling solo.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

...is Dorset (a southern English county) because a) the Gulf Stream passes by the coast and b) you can grow a palm tree in your back garden
I don’t recall anyone mentioning Dorset in any iteration of Peter Pan.

Also, maybe you should tell Disney they’re wrong...
“Blending the flavors and flair of the Italian and French Riviera...”

ryguy

Please do tell what you’re expecting exactly?

I find the pictures of the pool to be exactly what I expect from a DVC resort.
I would expect to see a "resort" style pool. Have you ever seen a pool shaped like this in your life? It makes no sense. The pool slide is a joke; two turns and it's done. A pool at a Disney resort should be the main attraction. I don't see where this wows anybody. Not much you can do about it now, so it is what it is. A missed opportunity.

peter11435

I would expect to see a "resort" style pool. Have you ever seen a pool shaped like this in your life? It makes no sense. The pool slide is a joke; two turns and it's done. A pool at a Disney resort should be the main attraction. I don't see where this wows anybody. Not much you can do about it now, so it is what it is. A missed opportunity.

Have you looked at the shapes of most pools on Disney property. Tell me where you’ve seen them before.

I agree the pool area is disappointing but I don’t consider it the worst on property. Closer to middle of the road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom