News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Missing20K

The switching back and forth between Italian and French is a bit of a mental whiplash. :)

Italian
  • Riviera - shore
  • Topolino - little/baby mouse (name for Mickey in Italian)
  • Bar Riva - shore bar
  • Primo Piatto - first dish/course
  • trattoria - tavern

French
  • Le Petit Café - the little coffee/coffee house
  • S’il Vous Play - a play on "s'il vous plait" [see voo play] which means "please", as in "please respond", which is "Répondez s'il vous plaît", aka RSVP
  • Beau Soleil - beautiful sun

If you folks from The Dis are reading this, look up and play the pronunciations from Google before you do a video and murder the pronunciations. ;)
Indeed. I guess it's on the Italy/France border.

CLEtoWDW

The pricing is interesting to me... the pricing is very similar to other DVC properties assuming you are purchasing nightly rates without points. My assumption was the pricing would be slightly less than other properties given that the Riviera’s location isn’t exactly stellar compared to other properties. Maybe I’m wrong?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Overall this place is looking better than I expected. It isn't quite my speed, but I can see that this place is going to be sold out with Cash bookings for its first year just with guests coming for SW:GE. I can see why they announced Reflections so early in the normal DVC Construction cycle now.

Agree...it looks decent.

Using it as overflow for Star Wars before points is inexcusable though....you have to be a moron to plunk $200 a point for something that is being whored (sorry) and losing its newness in this manner.
Who was it that kept insisting that the initial concept art weas not to represent what they were actually building but just a placeholder for a hotel?...LOL This is exactly what the early concept art looked like...and even more Hampton Inn than I was afraid of...

It actually looks slightly better than i thought...kinda like beach club relocated. But not much more than I expected. I think that there will be a lot of spill over into Caribbean for quickserve - which the defenders swore wouldn’t happen. The restaurant is gonna be overrun...a coffee bar and the quick serve is intentionally vague as I believe it is referring to a low cost/limited menu kinda place.
Due to location, location, location. And those views of fireworks.

Expect more of yourself. Think on a higher level that immature platitudes
DVC price for a Murphy Bed? So much more....

"Topolino's Terrace - Flavors of the Riviera" just in case you forget what hotel one is in. Whoever names stuff at WDI must get paid by the word.

I suppose I'm just not the target audience. Which is odd, because I'm a six figure household with children.

Doesn’t appeal to me as a target either...

40’s (last time I venture) that from upscale suburbia with a $2 bill income and kids...

I can’t “mentally” afford those prices...or really DVC for that matter any longer. My brain keeps my hands from getting near my wallet (damn neurons)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The pricing is interesting to me... the pricing is very similar to other DVC properties assuming you are purchasing nightly rates without points. My assumption was the pricing would be slightly less than other properties given that the Riviera’s location isn’t exactly stellar compared to other properties. Maybe I’m wrong?
Are you talking points?

It’s gonna be 20-30 a night for a studio...don’t Doubt it.

It’s on a moderate property but it’s now clear they have zero intention to price it as such.

nicb88

DVC price for a Murphy Bed? So much more....

"Topolino's Terrace - Flavors of the Riviera" just in case you forget what hotel one is in. Whoever names stuff at WDI must get paid by the word.

I suppose I'm just not the target audience. Which is odd, because I'm a six figure household with children.

From what I can tell, these are the new type of bed they’ve already shown in the Saratoga refurb artwork. They’re a full mattress rather than the older pull out couches, they just fold up into the wall and under which is a sofa. Hopefully that means a far more comfortable ‘bed’! I can’t remember the name of the design/brand - maybe someone else can help?

Missing20K

Doesn’t appeal to me as a target either...

40’s (last time I venture) that from upscale suburbia with a $2 bill income and kids...

I can’t “mentally” afford those prices...or really DVC for that matter any longer. My brain keeps my hands from getting near my wallet (damn neurons)
It's probably more mental than actual affordability. I can go to many, many places around the globe for the cost of a WDW trip. This sorta reinforces that. When out of the country Disney trips become as "affordable" as a WDW trip, my brain ceases to accurately compare leisure travel destinations.

Missing20K

From what I can tell, these are the new type of bed they’ve already shown in the Saratoga refurb artwork. They’re a full mattress rather than the older pull out couches, they just fold up into the wall and under which is a sofa. Hopefully that means a far more comfortable ‘bed’! I can’t remember the name of the design/brand - maybe someone else can help?
MurphySofa

ABQ

Who was it that kept insisting that the initial concept art weas not to represent what they were actually building but just a placeholder for a hotel?...LOL This is exactly what the early concept art looked like...and even more Hampton Inn than I was afraid of...
I totally agree. At least if I squint real hard. I mean, c'mon, aside from them both being hotels, you really think it looks like this?

19920753.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom