News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Missing20K

"Asking for a friend" has to be one of the more obnoxious phrases out there. That said, that is different, from my experience, to be sure. But those rooms are also more affordable than anything you'd find at a high-end riviera resort, so there are trade-offs that I think make sense for a hotel in a theme park.

And that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to comments that it looks like a Four Seasons or the like in decor.
I was just having a bit of fun. Meant not harm. Apologies.

But for your other point, the rooms look like some of the more contemporary and modern Riviera resort rooms, perhaps. And furniture and fixtures are very much a part of the "look" of a room.

But they don't look like much either.

I was hoping for this aesthetic. Tiara Miramar, $399 a night. Cote d'Azure
AF1QipP5yaC6yct7Qrsprg0xbr7buDCVezcPL79X8SGB=w325-h218-k-no

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

But for your other point, the rooms look like some of the more contemporary and modern Riviera resort rooms, perhaps. And furniture and fixtures are very much a part of the "look" of a room.

But they don't look much either.

Ah -- gotcha' and no harm done. Perhaps my lack of coffee today has messed with my radar for such things -- apologies back. :-D

I see what you're saying... just a personal taste thing. I prefer the more modern aesthetic, but I agree that the pic you posted does have a certain charm. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting that from Disney... ... ;)

Missing20K

Ah -- gotcha' and no harm done. Perhaps my lack of coffee today has messed with my radar for such things -- apologies back. :-D

I see what you're saying... just a personal taste thing. I prefer the more modern aesthetic, but I agree that the pic you posted does have a certain charm. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting that from Disney... ... ;)
I do tend to lay it on thick.

Unfortunately, we (collectively) used to be able to expect "more" from Disney. At least I think so. Personal tastes be darned. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Looking at the pool... why an elephant?
Well, it's the children's water area/splash pad, so Dumbo I guess might make sense. Though they would have other options that would fit more with France/Italy (why not Pinocchio themed?)

I think I see an ostrich at a corner and a hippo at another. So, it seems this is a Fantasia-based splash pad. The elephant's trunk fills up the tipping urn.

nickys

Premium Member
Well, it's the children's water area/splash pad, so Dumbo I guess might make sense. Though they would have other options that would fit more with France/Italy (why not Pinocchio themed?)

The splash area is going to have a Fantasia theme, with character features from the movie.

Also the resort is themed with classic Disney characters, can’t wait to see which ones will be at the breakfast to be honest. Maybe the Aristocats will be back!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

But they don't look much either.

“Asking for a friend”!is a light hearted way of pointing out inconsistencies or semi-obvious errors.

It is far more thoughtful than patronization while offering nothing of substance...which is done constantly on Disney forum sites.

Just to clarify 🤓

po1998

Sometimes I forget this resort is DVC, I open the thread, and then realize I don't care about it at all. Not where it is located, what it looks like, how big it is, what they will have in terms of restaurants, etc...

I guess you can figure out I could not care less about anything DVC related. ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wish it was a Monaco themed resort since it's right next to the French Riviera, then they could have a go-kart section themed to the Monaco Grand Prix.....then they could close the Tomorrowland Speedway and tell everyone to visit the Riviera resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom