News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Rodan75

Overall this place is looking better than I expected. It isn't quite my speed, but I can see that this place is going to be sold out with Cash bookings for its first year just with guests coming for SW:GE. I can see why they announced Reflections so early in the normal DVC Construction cycle now.

Bocabear

Who was it that kept insisting that the initial concept art weas not to represent what they were actually building but just a placeholder for a hotel?...LOL This is exactly what the early concept art looked like...and even more Hampton Inn than I was afraid of...

PREMiERdrum

Ever have a zero-G food fight? that's gonna be the next up-charge event
Who was it that kept insisting that the initial concept art weas not to represent what they were actually building but just a placeholder for a hotel?...LOL This is exactly what the early concept art looked like...and even more Hampton Inn than I was afraid of...

The mansard looks well-proportioned and properly executed and the surface treatments show reasonable effort.

The merits of Disney building (another) building of this scale on property are definitely up for debate, but this looks lightyears better than what we've see so far of the Reflections resort. We're definitely not anywhere near the best they can do, but this isn't that close to the worse, either.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The switching back and forth between Italian and French is a bit of a mental whiplash. :)

Italian
  • Riviera - shore
  • Topolino - little/baby mouse (name for Mickey in Italian)
  • Bar Riva - shore bar
  • Primo Piatto - first dish/course
  • trattoria - tavern

French
  • Le Petit Café - the little coffee/coffee house
  • S’il Vous Play - a play on "s'il vous plait" [see voo play] which means "please", as in "please respond", which is "Répondez s'il vous plaît", aka RSVP
  • Beau Soleil - beautiful sun

If you folks from The Dis are reading this, look up and play the pronunciations from Google before you do a video and murder the pronunciations. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom