News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Bocabear

It is the quite pool.
It is indeed quite the pool, but is it a quiet pool? lol

If there is going to be a spectacular or even marginally nice feature pool, that is something they should be sowing instead of the completely pedestrian plain pool.. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to release anyth8ing in a big announcement that doesn;t make the project look great...that is really the point of a press announcement...

jaxonp

Nope, wrong. Try again.

They are not selling this resort. That was not the point of this release.

You clearly think selling = signing a DVC contract

It's naive to think that anything released by any company showing what's coming, in any capacity, is anything less than a marketing effort to drum up current or future business. If you don't understand that that is a type of selling then I don't know what to tell you.

peter11435

You clearly think selling = signing a DVC contract

It's naive to think that anything released by any company showing what's coming, in any capacity, is anything less than a marketing effort to drum up current or future business. If you don't understand that that is a type of selling then I don't know what to tell you.
If you don’t understand the point of this release or today’s event then I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not confusing selling with selling dvc. But I assure you the company is not interested in selling people on the idea of this resort yet.

trainplane3

Well...it looks better then the GF DVC building. Not saying much there. Probably because there isn't a superior design 10ft away from it to compare it to.

I still sort of want to buy into it so I can have consistent, easy access (aka not buses) to Epcot and the Studios. Then again with how much of a mess DHS will be next year and what Epcot is turning into, I'm not so sure.

Sir_Cliff

If you don’t understand the point of this release or today’s event then I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not confusing selling with selling dvc. But I assure you the company is not interested in selling people on the idea of this resort yet.
So they released new artwork of the resort to make people think it won't be all that great? They are playing mind games with their customers?

I get they might not be interested in promoting the resort just yet. Why release anything more than they already have, then? Why deliberately make it look pretty poor?

jaxonp

So they released new artwork of the resort to make people think it won't be all that great? They are playing mind games with their customers?

I get they might not be interested in promoting the resort just yet. Why release anything more than they already have, then? Why deliberately make it look pretty poor?

Showing artwork of what's coming is a type of promotion garnered to build awareness and customer interest. You may not be able to buy 150 points today but you might have began thinking about it (planting the seed, todays goal aka step one in selling). But Disney isn't "selling" to anyone with this concept art of what one will be able to buy very soon....

GoofGoof

Premium Member

This dead horse has been beaten so much already but what’s one more time. The original concept art was intentionally vague and even dull because they were busy selling Copper Creek. It was probably only released because of the gondola announcement and Riviera stop. This new concept art isn’t bad at all. It’s actually quite good for selling DVC points. It focuses on a lot of the aspects of the resort that will be huge selling features. The view of fireworks, ToT in the background, the gondolas close by, even a view of the lake. Very similar to the BLT art when that was first officially announced. That is what will sell the points. If you look at the 2 pieces of art which one is a better sales tool? It’s pretty clear the 2nd one and equally clear the first one wasn’t a best effort to promote the resort.

As to why they would show the quiet pool and not the feature pool, I don’t think the pool is the focal point of the art. They wanted to show the location and views and gondola and that’s a good angle to do it. I’m sure as we get closer to sales there will be more art released and we will see the main pool, the lobby, possibly the restaurant and inside of the rooms.

Sir_Cliff

This dead horse has been beaten so much already but what’s one more time. The original concept art was intentionally vague and even dull because they were busy selling Copper Creek. It was probably only released because of the gondola announcement and Riviera stop. This new concept art isn’t bad at all. It’s actually quite good for selling DVC points. It focuses on a lot of the aspects of the resort that will be huge selling features. The view of fireworks, ToT in the background, the gondolas close by, even a view of the lake. Very similar to the BLT art when that was first officially announced. That is what will sell the points. If you look at the 2 pieces of art which one is a better sales tool? It’s pretty clear the 2nd one and equally clear the first one wasn’t a best effort to promote the resort.

As to why they would show the quiet pool and not the feature pool, I don’t think the pool is the focal point of the art. They wanted to show the location and views and gondola and that’s a good angle to do it. I’m sure as we get closer to sales there will be more art released and we will see the main pool, the lobby, possibly the restaurant and inside of the rooms.
So they are trying to sell people on the resort with this new artwork then?

surfsupdon

Barefoot Bay at night might really be a lot of fun bouncing from Riviera to Caribbean and back.

Caribbean has always been gorgeous with the palms and vibrant colors. This new resort only adds to the feel!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So they are trying to sell people on the resort with this new artwork then?
Sure. It’s close enough to the start of sales that it makes sense.

Remember this too, not everyone looking to buy into DVC is going to be focused on the architectural details on the outside of the building or even the overall theme. Things like location, amenities and views probably matter more to a lot of potential buyers. I know of people who are owners at BLT but hate the theme. They liked other things more to overcome their dislike of the theme.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well...it looks better then the GF DVC building. Not saying much there. Probably because there isn't a superior design 10ft away from it to compare it to.

I still sort of want to buy into it so I can have consistent, easy access (aka not buses) to Epcot and the Studios. Then again with how much of a mess DHS will be next year and what Epcot is turning into, I'm not so sure.
One of the problems with DVC resorts in general is the fact that they all have balconies on every room. A balcony works well with certain themes and less well with others. Because of the point charts the rooms all have to be pretty standard sizes too. BW rooms have some variations, so there’s a chance for some variety but I think they prefer not having less desirable layouts.

Lensman

What was the point of the press release, exactly? I'd honestly like to hear an explicit rationale with whatever details you can guess at. I also think that this would help other folks as well.

nickys

Premium Member
Everyone understands that so you don't need to post that anymore. You are missing the point. You don't sell a resort by pushing it's quiet pool. Show up the goods. Seriously this is elementary marketing.

They are not selling this resort. That was not the point of this release.

I see this latest picture more as planting an idea in people’s minds, not selling it yet.

So we see the lakeside and a path, the gondolas in the background, fireworks exploding right behind (or technically in front) the resort. A large, spacious pool area, some landscaping too. All these things just designed to start people thinking about the resort.

“It’s big, spacious, nice grounds”
“Look at how close the fireworks are”
“The gondolas too, look you can even see the station it’s so close”
“If that’s the quiet pool, what’s the main one going to be like”

I reckon come the DVC Condo Meeting in December, they will have more concept art, this time focusing on the feature pool and roof top dining for example. Ramping up the anticipation. So that when they come to actually preparing to sell, with room types, points charts, buy-in price, incentives etc. then people already have an idea as to what it will be like. And that’s when the real marketing comes in.

It’s a drip feed of impressions, teasing us with the benefits of the location right now, not an “in your face, wow” campaign to sell the points, either to new owners or existing ones.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I see this latest picture more as planting an idea in people’s minds, not selling it yet.

So we see the lakeside and a path, the gondolas in the background, fireworks exploding right behind (or technically in front) the resort. A large, spacious pool area, some landscaping too. All these things just designed to start people thinking about the resort.

“It’s big, spacious, nice grounds”
“Look at how close the fireworks are”
“The gondolas too, look you can even see the station it’s so close”
“If that’s the quiet pool, what’s the main one going to be like”

I reckon come the DVC Condo Meeting in December, they will have more concept art, this time focusing on the feature pool and roof top dining for example. Ramping up the anticipation. So that when they come to actually preparing to sell, with room types, points charts, buy-in price, incentives etc. then people already have an idea as to what it will be like. And that’s when the real marketing comes in.

It’s a drip feed of impressions, teasing us with the benefits of the location right now, not an “in your face, wow” campaign to sell the points, either to new owners or existing ones.
Finally someone who gets what concept art is supposed to do. The point of this type of art is not to sell you on every feature of the resort like an MLS listing on Zillow. It’s supposed to elicit an emotional response. It’s like the first short movie trailer that hypes you up for a new movie but reveals nothing about the plot. When it gets closer to the movie’s release the longer more detailed trailer comes out. As you said there will be more specific details released later. There’s no mystery or conspiracy about the pools either. You can’t show the resort from that angel without showing the quiet pool. It would look really weird if that area was just blank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom