News Disney Riviera Resort announced

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here’s a picture of a quiet pool at the Beach Club:
3B774675-C0A0-469D-9990-4E00B65FE0F5.jpeg

If I use this as my sole piece of information to judge the quality of the pools at that resort I’d probably say they are below average and pretty boring.

sfbntpc

I hope they add more to the pool area😱 I expected a little more. I saw someone mention that is a quiet pool, but it looks like that is the center pool of the resort.

surfsupdon

Although I don’t much care for the design, I very much like another resort sharing the lake with CBR. These Resorts can share their dining, lounges, shops, and activities to create some energy for Guests at both locations.

Part of the brilliance of the Deluxe Epcot Resorts are their proximity to one another. It’s fun to leave your room and explore a minimum of four other Resorts and their amenities. It adds some kinetic energy to the resort stay compared to the isolated aspect of many others.

So though I don’t like the look of this new building, I very much like what it is bringing to Barefoot Bay.

sfbntpc

It’s the smaller pool in the upper middle of the picture linked below between the buildings which is the quiet pool. The feature pool is on the peninsula area closer to the lake.

Bioreconstruct

Thank You!!! I’ve seen this picture before but I guess it didn’t click with me when I saw the new photo. This makes me feel better

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thank You!!! I’ve seen this picture before but I guess it didn’t click with me when I saw the new photo. This makes me feel better
I’m not saying I have high confidence that the feature pool will be something on par with BC/YC but I would expect a slide and kids splash area at minimum with some sort of more unique focal point. There’s a lot of space out there to make the area pretty nice.

Casper Gutman

Here’s a picture of a quiet pool at the Beach Club:
View attachment 326587

If I use this as my sole piece of information to judge the quality of the pools at that resort I’d probably say they are below average and pretty boring.
The Beach Club image makes the resort look beautiful and highly themed. Compared to the Riviera...

Also, is this the feature pool or the quiet pool? We need some more posts clarifying that or people might be disappointed at how bland the PROMOTIONAL ART is.

dothebrdwalk

Personally, I don't like everything Disney does, but after our recent stays at some of the resorts (such as the Boardwalk Inn and Port Orleans) it became clear to me that something Disney is lacking is a modern luxury hotel. This "vibe" looks similar to the Four Seasons. What Disney does by having like 45 different hotels on property, each uniquely different, is it allows families to choose what they like best and what will make their vacation work for them. Does this hotel appear to be as inherently Disney as say the Animal Kingdom Lodge? No. But- it does look appealing and may be the type of hotel that brings new customers and perhaps old costumers that are over the kitchy vibe of many of the others. I know many people who look right past Disney vacations as they consider them too "low brow" for some reason. Resorts like this and the new Reflections Lodge might be what Disney needs to attract these customers.

Sir_Cliff

I don't really know why they'd bother releasing this as it looks even more generic than the image they have already released. Surely they must be able to produce one piece of concept art that makes it look nice or vaguely interesting, even if it's just an image of the interior of the lobby?

I know people are pointing out that quiet pools never look that great. Why, then, release art of the quiet pool to whet everyone's appetite?

Bocabear

Because there is some convoluted story that they don't want to make it look that good until they are ready to sell the units, then evidently the hotel will magically morph into an amazing spectacular design that they will finally release to the public... or so they keep telling me....
And I agree...if not to show something wonderful, why bother?
I think in fact we are seeing the resort as it will be...

Lensman

Cue the cheerleaders to lavish breathless praise on the beautiful and amazing design in 3...2...1...
Excellent procataleptic straw man! I think it will work to suppress alternative points of view that we don't want here!

I don't think this will be the best themed DVC, and it's hard to see how it will be the flagship property - and certainly it won't be architecturally. Though I do think I might be more inclined to stay here rather than the horribly named Reflections property.

I suppose there's no hope that the interior will be more interesting than the outside?

The one interesting aspect from the concept art is the big arched exit-way from the hotel to the pool area with the fountain in it. Does anyone see evidence of this architectural feature in the construction photos?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom