News Disney Riviera Resort announced

nickys

Premium Member

I like the irregular shaped main pool area. To me that suggests at least some interesting features. The other pool looks much like the villas pool at BC, with what looks like will be a shallow entry on one side.

Anyone any idea what the sunken area on the top of the building is? It looks like it could have some kind of skylight roof, over it, but then that wouldn’t provide views of fireworks. So maybe it’s just where air con units or other uninteresting stuff goes!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, November 16, 2018. View of the "back yard" or lake view for the Riviera resort. Lots of plumbing installed underground, probably for drainage. The outline of the main pool area is visible. The gondola station just visible on the left.

IMG_0907.JPG

Bocabear

Wow! Is that ordinary...the fireworks cant even make it look like more than an urban apartment building. and yeah, looks like the pool is as basic as possib;e as I feared.

AugieJ

I have been longing for more information/images on this resort.

But that looks pretty basic.

I am interested to see what the feature pool and lobby will be.
But now will lower my expectations.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Looks like they got around to releasing at least one piece of concept art actually intending to elicit an emotional response. Fireworks in the background, view of ToT, gondolas cruising by. Looks like we can put to bed any debate on whether the first piece of concept art was intentionally dull and vague. This one still is short on details, but they are teasing it out a little at a time. May be a few more months still before they consider ramping up sales interest.

I’m not sure how I feel about the colored shutters next to the windows. Definitely adds color, but not sure how French Riviera it feels. I need to see the bigger picture. I’d say this is pretty solid for a quiet pool area too. Really interested to see the main pool area, lobby, restaurants and what the decor of the rooms looks like.

Daannzzz

That new photo looks more bland than I really expected. I had hope but this looks like any big hotel along International drive or in any big city.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One positive aspect of the new concept art is that it shows the restored walkway around the lake, which was rumoured not to return!
I think that adds to CBR too. Now you can walk around the lake to a location with additional dining and good views (assuming the uptop is open to everyone). Also, depending on which room at CBR you are in the Riviera gondola station may be closer than the actual CBR station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom