News Disney reminds guests to behave at Walt Disney World or be asked to leave

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
scott aukerman GIF

Nottamus

It’s too little too late.

Social media has let the demons out of those who have them——anger, name calling, arguments- all started behind the safety of a keyboard is now out in real life .

Although trespassing all who get in these fights is a great idea. And also- people who dress a way just to get a free shirt

And vloggers who walk around acting annoying

Sorry- I might need a snickers

dreday3

so then we can mostly agree Disney asking everyone to behave is about as stupid as some of their recent decisions over the past years then

I'm sure a lot businesses have some kind of verbiage to let people know if they get into fight, they will get kicked out. So no, I don't think it's stupid. I think it's sad it's necessary, but not stupid.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm sure a lot businesses have some kind of verbiage to let people know if they get into fight, they will get kicked out. So no, I don't think it's stupid. I think it's sad it's necessary, but not stupid.
It’s about as stupid as putting “caution: hot” on a coffee cup.

What I was saying however is that even tho stupid people will always act stupid, Disney has themselves made visiting and enjoying the parks more stressful than ever and moreso than it needs to be

dreday3

It’s about as stupid as putting “caution: hot” on a coffee cup.

What I was saying however is that even tho stupid people will always act stupid, Disney has themselves made visiting and enjoying the parks more stressful than ever and moreso than it needs to be

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I disagree. Planning for a trip to Disney may cause "stress", but it's not the stress of dealing actual life problems. Illness (family, lived ones, pets, friends, yourself, anyone) is stress. Jobs are stress. Money issues are stress. Those are all issues that can give people short fuses at times in their lives.

Going to Disney is not stressful in the same way. It's just not. Annoying at times? Sure.
I'm not giving people who are rude, act like morons, the easy excuse of "oh, but Disney is so stressful now". Give me a break. If you can't handle the issues Disney throws at you without being an a-hole to other people, then you've got problems you should deal with and leave everyone else out of it and just stay home.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I have to say, we were supposed to take the 7pm flight out of Orlando last night back to NJ…2/3 of the passengers were seated and the pilot was informed that Newark was closed to arrivals due to the storm. Everyone had to deplane and wait in the terminal another 90 minutes. No one lost their cool, communication was great, the pilot came out and talked to the passengers and we finally took off at almost 10 and landed in Newark at midnight.
Yes, we were all tired and frustrated, but humanity showed it’s good side and we all made it through in one piece…thanks, JetBlue!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I disagree. Planning for a trip to Disney may cause "stress", but it's not the stress of dealing actual life problems. Illness (family, lived ones, pets, friends, yourself, anyone) is stress. Jobs are stress. Money issues are stress. Those are all issues that can give people short fuses at times in their lives.

Going to Disney is not stressful in the same way. It's just not. Annoying at times? Sure.
I'm not giving people who are rude, act like morons, the easy excuse of "oh, but Disney is so stressful now". Give me a break. If you can't handle the issues Disney throws at you without being an a-hole to other people, then you've got problems you should deal with and leave everyone else out of it and just stay home.
You’re not understanding what I’m saying. Sure Disney can be an escape from the everyday normal life adulting stress, BUT visiting the Disney parks today is nothing like visiting the Disney parks used to be and the changes cause way more stress to some than before

Park reservations
Genie+ (7am lotto and unknowns throughout the day)
ILL (7am lotto)
Ride breakdowns (more than before)
Overcrowding / capacity issues
Dining reservation scramble 60 days in advance
Poorly functioning apps and websites at times you may need them to book things
Inconsistent Disney transportation
Continued price increases every way possible (resort fees, variable pricing, food and merch, fastpass system, etc) - charging more, in some cases getting less
Etc etc etc

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It’s been my experience that people behave more poorly these days. I’m not sure why but it’s not limited to theme parks and certainly not WDW.

If people can’t control themselves in stressful situations like going to theme parks, driving in heavy traffic or flying on a plane, it’s up to them to find a solution.
Problem is half the time they don’t think they’re in the wrong.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Going to Disney is not stressful in the same way. It's just not.

Viewed another way... should a wedding be stressful? After all, it's not a problem.. it's not illness or your job. So why is it?

Because it's usually a big investment, a limited opportunity, something that there are high expectations around.

Kind of like... a big vacation event? Where people have invested a lot, have a limited opportunity to do it or repeat it, and people have a ton of high expectations around what their experience would be.

That's why Disney can be stressful..

dreday3

You’re not understanding what I’m saying. Sure Disney can be an escape from the everyday normal life adulting stress, BUT visiting the Disney parks today is nothing like visiting the Disney parks used to be and the changes cause way more stress to some than before

Park reservations
Genie+ (7am lotto and unknowns throughout the day)
ILL (7am lotto)
Ride breakdowns (more than before)
Overcrowding / capacity issues
Dining reservation scramble 60 days in advance
Poorly functioning apps and websites at times you may need them to book things
Inconsistent Disney transportation
Continued price increases every way possible (resort fees, variable pricing, food and merch, fastpass system, etc) - charging more, in some cases getting less
Etc etc etc

I get it. I just disagree that kind of stress should cause anyone to react with any kind of extremely confrontational attitude or violence.

Last edited:

dreday3

Viewed another way... should a wedding be stressful? After all, it's not a problem.. it's not illness or your job. So why is it?

Because it's usually a big investment, a limited opportunity, something that there are high expectations around.

Kind of like... a big vacation event? Where people have invested a lot, have a limited opportunity to do it or repeat it, and people have a ton of high expectations around what their experience would be.

That's why Disney can be stressful..

I get it. I just disagree that kind of stress should cause anyone to react with any kind of extremely confrontational attitude or violence. Yes, would include planning a wedding in that.

Money stress is wondering if you can pay rent or not. If you've never experienced that, I can tell you it's way more stressful than planning a fun yet expensive life event.

Not that any amount of stress excuses violence, just to be clear.
Also, I'm not talking about just plain old cranky people at Disney. That happens to the best of us.

Lilofan

I have to say, we were supposed to take the 7pm flight out of Orlando last night back to NJ…2/3 of the passengers were seated and the pilot was informed that Newark was closed to arrivals due to the storm. Everyone had to deplane and wait in the terminal another 90 minutes. No one lost their cool, communication was great, the pilot came out and talked to the passengers and we finally took off at almost 10 and landed in Newark at midnight.
Yes, we were all tired and frustrated, but humanity showed it’s good side and we all made it through in one piece…thanks, JetBlue!
I would rather be stranded in MCO as compared to EWR ( Newark ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom