Disney Quest to close in July 2017

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Younger or dynamic doesn't matter to a business, it's all about if they have disposable income to spend on products that you sell. The study I saw showed that NHL fans had the highest amount of disposable income of all the sports.

Maerj

Ideally, a Ralph dedicated floor would have fully functional versions of Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty, not just the retro titles.

Sure! My point is they could do a lot with this concept instead of trying to sell it to a third party sports organization. They could have Dave & Busters come in but that's something people can do anywhere. I think most people go to WDW for Disney experiences, not things that are available elsewhere.

GenerationX

My boys and I have spent many hours at DQ through the years. I know the food could use some improvement and the games aren't cutting edge, but it's still fun.

If they wanted to make more money off of me (and other guys my age), all they'd have to do would be to sell arcade game merchandise on the fourth and fifth floors within sight lines of the tables. After a couple of hours of gaming, I always need to sit down, and seeing a Defender or Berzerk t-shirt for sale would certainly catch my eye.

EngineJoe

NBA viewership is small but growing rapidly, and their demographics has become one of the most sought-after groups for advertisers... Look at the most recent NBA TV deal.. it's absurd. I'm not a huge NBA fan (save for the Cavs), and I'll take a hockey game over basketball any day, but the shorter games, huge star power, and eye-candy that the NBA has gotten so good at has it moving and growing, while attracting a younger and more dynamic fanbase when compared to MLB or NFL.

Actually the younger US audience is moving towards Premeir League, Champions League/Soccer. The peak of the NBA was the 90s and 00s with Jordan and has been on a downward swing. Of course it will still be popular like baseball (which has been in decline since the early 90s) but for young adult, teens and kids, European soccer is where it's at now, go figure.

EngineJoe

Sure! My point is they could do a lot with this concept instead of trying to sell it to a third party sports organization. They could have Dave & Busters come in but that's something people can do anywhere. I think most people go to WDW for Disney experiences, not things that are available elsewhere.

Yeah, it's like having a Buffalo Wild Wings/BW3. Nothing special about having that at Citywalk or Disney Springs with jacked up prices.

MonorailLover

Theycould have a Nintendo floor.

Jimmy Thick- Mario Kart > Daytona

As no one has commented on this, I will. I'm not sure how or if it would effect a Nintendo floor, but Universal has agreements with them for theme park rides, and quite possibly more applications, not to mention probably agreements to not go to Disney and compete.

...all of it.

I hate myself.

Thank you for making me laugh, first time today.

beast

If the NBA situation fell through (hopefully this is true; it doesn't belong at Disney Springs) and if "One Man's Dream" is removed from Hollywood Studios, then change Disney Quest to "One Man's Dream". Make it a free attraction. Put the attraction on the upper floors.
Put merch on the first floor (to generate some $$$). Update the movie and expand the number of exhibits.

zooey

That goes against the whole reason PI and DTD closed.

The company don't want to pay to operate and maintain. They want third parties to pay them for the privilege.
Anytime they talk about the old they talk about the new so it could have a museum portion that leads into flex space that is always promoting the latest films, video games, merch etc. Theyd definitely get something more out of it than a walk through. I'm sure it will never happen but I think DS needs something more "cultural" albeit Disney cultural, to do to spend a whole day there.

Bparso87

Actually the younger US audience is moving towards Premeir League, Champions League/Soccer. The peak of the NBA was the 90s and 00s with Jordan and has been on a downward swing. Of course it will still be popular like baseball (which has been in decline since the early 90s) but for young adult, teens and kids, European soccer is where it's at now, go figure.
Soccer is on the climb but with the nba no. intill the mls gets the best players in the world soccer won't be as popular. I love premier league but it would help if it was your home team not some team that you just pick bc u like a player. If you put soccer in for Disney quest it's bc of the international aspect of it.

BalooChicago

I can't think of many landlords who would pay for a remodel least of all Disney. What were they smoking?

Really? I'm an architect. Among other things I work in Corporate and Commercial architecture. That is the standard. It's called "Tenant Improvement Allowance" (TIA or just TI) and is negotiated at lease signing. There is also typically additional TI money at lease renewal.

Bparso87

I think whatever they put there will fail. Disney quest was cool I guess but the price to get in was nuts only way I would go is if I had the water park and more option. It's a big building and whatever goes there needs to pull people in.

wdrive

It is bigger then you think no it's not soccer but basketball is big in some European countries. Spain being one of them. It is also big in Brazil and South America.

I live in the UK, it isn't popular here at the very least and the UK is WDW's biggest European customer by some margin, you don't get many Spanish guests visiting WDW. US guests and Brazilians would make up for that though with an NBA experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom