Disney Quest to close in July 2017

wdwfan4ver

I didn't expect this, but the NBA to me isn't a good it. While there are international Basketball teams outside of the NBA, I really question the popularity of the NBA outside of the United States.

epcotWSC

If this is true it's good news as I have no idea how they could maintain interest in a single sport that's not really a big deal outside of the USA. Now I could see a an ESPN sports bar with immersive themed levels and weekly events (autograph signings and the like) fitting in well in that building but realistically I don't know how that would hold up long term either.
That'd be a pretty good idea. Doesn't just have to be US sports. They can show sports games from all over the world.

Tony the Tigger

image.jpeg

grimb168

Here's an idea. Clean up disneyquest. Put new games and fix the old ones. Put a great food area that is not the same burgers and fries (years ago we would get the spaghetti and meatballs from there that was really good)
Include this on the annual passes at all levels. People will go there and also spend money other places
Now, let the negative start

alissafalco

Here's an idea. Clean up disneyquest. Put new games and fix the old ones. Put a great food area that is not the same burgers and fries (years ago we would get the spaghetti and meatballs from there that was really good)
Include this on the annual passes at all levels. People will go there and also spend money other places
^^^^^^^^^ this

Biff215

They really need a solid anchor in this building to help the West Side. I wasn't so sure about the NBA, but at least it was an update. Even though it has failed elsewhere, an ESPN Zone would likely do well here (DL's Downtown still has one). But then this creates a whole at Boardwalk. Let's be honest, Disney would rather have an outside tenant paying the bills so ESPN doesn't help here.

Would be nice if they could get the NFL on board, might be a better fit.

Maerj

Disney Quest could become the real life Pizza Planet. If not that, then how about a Star Wars floor, a Marvel floor, Pixar floor and a Disney game floor? A Tron area or attraction? They have so many intellectual properties they could base games off of, why not exploit them? I'd much rather have something like this than some sports place. They could even keep old school games there and make it a Wreck-It Ralph themed area.

FigmentJedi

Disney Quest could become the real life Pizza Planet. If not that, then how about a Star Wars floor, a Marvel floor, Pixar floor and a Disney game floor? A Tron area or attraction? They have so many intellectual properties they could base games off of, why not exploit them? I'd much rather have something like this than some sports place. They could even keep old school games there and make it a Wreck-It Ralph themed area.
Ideally, a Ralph dedicated floor would have fully functional versions of Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty, not just the retro titles.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Why not just do the same that universal did and make it a sports brew pub?

After seeing this I took a quick look at the demographics our professional sports and the average viewership for NBA was quite low in comparison to Football.
Professional Sports and live broadcasting rights/revenue ratios doesn't look like a long term industry to have much capital tied up in. The captive audience is escaping.

MagicHappens1971

I like this idea

PREMiERdrum

After seeing this I took a quick look at the demographics our professional sports and the average viewership for NBA was quite low in comparison to Football.

NBA viewership is small but growing rapidly, and their demographics has become one of the most sought-after groups for advertisers... Look at the most recent NBA TV deal.. it's absurd. I'm not a huge NBA fan (save for the Cavs), and I'll take a hockey game over basketball any day, but the shorter games, huge star power, and eye-candy that the NBA has gotten so good at has it moving and growing, while attracting a younger and more dynamic fanbase when compared to MLB or NFL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom