Disney Quest to close in July 2017

Next Big Thing

See the team logo = street gang affiliation chart I just put up. Examples being IF you see Celtics gear in LA it generally means you are looking at a member of the 'Spanish Kings' where in Boston it merely means you are a fan.

This is why so many schools including my DW's have banned the wearing of athletic apparel with other than the schools team logo.
That is laughable. I actually AM a Celtics fan (and B's, Pats and Sox - have many many old Jerseys). I also have seen the Celtics in LA and Red Sox in Anaheim on separate DLR trips.

Does that mean I'm all of a sudden a part of some gang? Get out of here with your 1950's racism.

ryguy

I don't think Ford91exploder said anything racist. I don't think he made anything up, seems like a legit problem in our inner cities. It's unfortunate in our country today we can't have intelligent discussions about what is plaguing our communities and country. Some people are so quick to throw words out like "racist"and "bigot" to simply squash ideas they don't like.

I mean there is truth that Disney was concerned (rightly so) about the thugs (black, white, Hispanic) frequenting Downtown Disney. However, from the original post I would say it was a decision based on what to do with the building more than anything else. But Disney is creating Disney Springs to be more family friendly as a result of what was happening to the crowds at Downtown Disney a few years back.

Next Big Thing

I don't think Ford91exploder said anything racist. I don't think he made anything up, seems like a legit problem in our inner cities. It's unfortunate in our country today we can't have intelligent discussions about what is plaguing our communities and country. Some people are so quick to throw words out like "racist"and "bigot" to simply squash ideas they don't like.

I mean there is truth that Disney was concerned (rightly so) about the thugs (black, white, Hispanic) frequenting Downtown Disney. However, from the original post I would say it was a decision based on what to do with the building more than anything else. But Disney is creating Disney Springs to be more family friendly as a result of what was happening to the crowds at Downtown Disney a few years back.
You missed all the stuff the mods deleted...

Biff215

They should convert it into a techno-trance EDM multi-story dance club featuring a revolving lighted dance floor. Name it, "Mannequins Dance Palace". The club could feature nightly light shows with synchronized music and live performances by human "mannequins".

Oh...nevermind...
PI is dead, please let it go.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
If the NBA situation fell through (hopefully this is true; it doesn't belong at Disney Springs) and if "One Man's Dream" is removed from Hollywood Studios, then change Disney Quest to "One Man's Dream". Make it a free attraction. Put the attraction on the upper floors.
Put merch on the first floor (to generate some $$$). Update the movie and expand the number of exhibits.
I like this idea, and think it would dovetail nicely with an idea I've had about DisneyQuest for years now: YesterWorld.

They have the roller coaster simulators already. Fill the space with simulations of dead attractions. Judging by the conversations here, there are people who would pay a premium to be able to ride Journey Into Imagination, Horizons, etc. again.

As a way to draw people to Disney Springs, they could also include rides that are currently closed for maintenance/refurb with the day's admission to that park.

Finally, (and here's the real moneymaker,) simulations of rides "in development". These would not be open to the public. They could beta test them on select focus groups BUT offer vouchers for one or two "test rides" per year included with DVC membership.

What do you think, sirs?

Biff215

I said, "Oh...nevermind..."
After you went through the same routine with the Adventurer's Club. Just hoping we weren't going to have to hear the same thing for every closed PI club. I enjoyed those places while they existed, but Disney has moved in a new direction.

PhotoDave219

They should convert it into a special club styled after a private club for world travelers and explorers set in 1937. The walls of the club could be covered with artifacts and photographs from various explorations. Name it, "The Adventurers Club" featuring animatronics, puppets, and a cast of adventurers who perform in shows and improvisational comedy while mingling with the club's patrons. Shows and conversation often laced with innuendo, patrons might have be welcomed as guests, given fictitious names and "recognized" as fellow adventurers, or simply referred to as "drunks".

Oh...nevermind...

Well if you have $150, tonight only at Yacht and Beach....

Imagineerwannabe

I wouldn't describe it as very popular in Europe.

It is bigger then you think no it's not soccer but basketball is big in some European countries. Spain being one of them. It is also big in Brazil and South America.

I live in the UK, it isn't popular here at the very least and the UK is WDW's biggest European customer by some margin, you don't get many Spanish guests visiting WDW. US guests and Brazilians would make up for that though with an NBA experience.

Nothing is popular in the uk. Just kidding I know soccer is the only sport you guys care about. Not saying it is the biggest thing in Europe but bigger then most think.

NFL is huge in the uk now, NBA like NHL has a marginal following it seriously lags behind the popularity of Football (soccer). One of the FB pages I admin on has 40k mainly British members and whilst some gave DQ a wide berth due to the costs before, the announcement of NBA replacing DQ was more of disappointment than excitement as it's simply not something followed or readily covered on UK tv or media

Tony the Tigger

See the team logo = street gang affiliation chart I just put up. Examples being IF you see Celtics gear in LA it generally means you are looking at a member of the 'Spanish Kings' where in Boston it merely means you are a fan.

This is why so many schools including my DW's have banned the wearing of athletic apparel with other than the schools team logo.

Seems like one of those emails circulated by white people to scare white people.

PhotoDave219

yeah but I avoid I Drive as much as I avoid I4

You shouldn't. There's some fantastic venues and restaurants on there and Sandlake.

I-Drive is being revitalized and attracting more and more people with the Orlando Eye and the attractions on that end.

And even better, you don't have an over bearing mouse as a landlord and having to play by their rules. You can do what you want.

Tony the Tigger

No, it's racist.

AEfx

With all this bickering, has no one yet had a chance to say the most obvious thing here - Disney Quest is still open? Hasn't that place closed like half a dozen times already??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom