Disney Quest Music - Last Chance to Save History!

castmemberinformer

Original Poster
Disney Quest is going to be closing its doors forever soon!

I've been trying to track down the soundtracks (in particular, the 2 loops from the upper floors) of Disney Quest since about 2004. And I'm not the only one. Every forum like this appears to have a request for this music. Well, time is almost up people. It's going to be a pile of rubble in less than a year, just like Horizons, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alien Encounter, and the other extinct attractions.
If not for the fans and nostalgic historians who captured those past experiences to photos, audio and video, they'd be lost to time forever.

PLEASE, SOMEBODY GET THAT MUSIC BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

I've done camp-and-record sessions before myself to preserve audio from attractions, and if I wasn't hundreds of miles away, I'd do it again for this.

This is a plea for help. Anyone who has access to Disney Quest and the resolve to help, please, find time to camp a secluded speaker with a recorder, phone, or device that can capture those audio tracks. The loops are probably less than an hour each, and there are places in the restaurant areas that are secluded from the crowds and games that would be perfect to just set a device up and wait for the loop to play through.

Please, this is our last chance. Don't let the hard work of composers and imagineers be lost forever.

Meleniumshane90

This is as close to getting it as we've got right now. I've been working on getting the music for 6 months, so if it comes down to it, I'll drive over there and record it. I just want to be able to buy a CD from them, though.

Castle Cake Apologist

It'll be so sad to me if somebody finally obtains this music and this guy never sees it because this thread is a year old and he hasn't been seen since.

Why has this been so difficult to obtain?? It seems to me like DisneyQuest would be one of the easiest places to sit and record a speaker.

neoshinok

Speaking of extinct in park recordings, I've tried contacting Disney about getting the audio from the old sound booth in DHS. The binaural headphone one where you are RJ Mcbean. I've found a low quality recording online but it loses the whole binaural effect of the original recording. Needless to say Disney was not interested in sharing the audio. I miss that experience so much.

Meleniumshane90

It'll be so sad to me if somebody finally obtains this music and this guy never sees it because this thread is a year old and he hasn't been seen since.
I'm sure if it's important enough to them, they'll look again & find their post replied to.

Why has this been so difficult to obtain?? It seems to me like DisneyQuest would be one of the easiest places to sit and record a speaker.
I, like many people, live far away from the park. Also, the $45 admission was steep. Now that it's $20 for annual passholders, I'm more inclined to go. The other issue is that the only good place to record is, allegedly, the bathroom upstairs by the alien ride. That's not exactly the most comfortable place for mics to be recording.

wannabeBelle

I would also check in with some of the internet radio stations that feature Disney Music. Sorcerer Radio is one that comes to mind, I know there are some others. They may have it. Best of luck!! Marie

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm sure if it's important enough to them, they'll look again & find their post replied to.

My point was that he literally hasn't logged into this site in nearly a year. The odds of him seeing updates in this thread are slim.

I, like many people, live far away from the park. Also, the $45 admission was steep. Now that it's $20 for annual passholders, I'm more inclined to go. The other issue is that the only good place to record is, allegedly, the bathroom upstairs by the alien ride. That's not exactly the most comfortable place for mics to be recording.

That's surprising. One would assume that there are speakers all over the building... surely one could sit in one of the cafes and record? Too much crowd noise there maybe?

Cmdr_Crimson

It is a shame something like this hasn't been put up yet and I'm hoping a full loop will come...It's one of the loops that really sinks in with me since I really like hearing the "Your Resort Loop" that sadly doesn't play anymore....One song that played in the Adventure Zone I really like was very low toned and had a flute that sounded very hauntingly since it was so quietly played....Of course they also played the Oasis Garden from AK that was part of that loop...

And then when they kicked Genie out they seem to have made Wreck It Ralph the Unofficial Mascot of the place and his Soundtrack would play within the areas of it...Probably the three songs I had heard the most was....

You heard the Sugar Rush Theme song walking down the hallway towards the gift shop exit...

And I heard Owl City's song in the Midway on the Moon/Astroblasters area...

Meleniumshane90

Ill try to get some today; if not i'll stop by next week and record some...granted it'll include ambient sounds too but :shrug:
That's great. As I said above, apparently the bathroom upstairs by the "Invasion! An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter" is never occupied and has speakers playing the music.

BCNHF

Yep I was just in there today. I grabbed alot of the ambient audio today but they really toned down the speakers on the main floors. That said, DisneyQuest is PACKED now almost every day, so even if those bathrooms are quiet i'm sure there will be people there buttttt I will try anything. The only downside is i'll be recording on my iphone :(

I'll post the stuff i grabbed today later. Wish I had pro audio recording stuff. If anyone of you want to lend me a TASCAM for a day or two though... :D

Meleniumshane90

I was told by someone to buy an "induction mic", which apparently doesn't record sound like a traditional mic, but records speaker vibrations. They sell them on Amazon that basically suction cup onto a speaker. I was thinking of using a Zoom portable recorder and the mic to record upstairs in that bathroom, but I'd feel like such a weirdo doing that. But there's not much time and we're running out of options.

If anyone manages to get audio, feel free to share a Dropbox or Google Drive link. I'm compiling everything I have & get so it will be mirrored online. I'm hoping to get full loops of all of the lobby music on my venture there & upload them in V0 / 320Kbps mp3 & FLAC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom