Disney Quest Music - Last Chance to Save History!

Meleniumshane90

One of these on the bathroom door lol
ac3720e1a9ef26a0621565c64b0a30b1.jpg

BCNHF

The only thing that seems to have unique music anymore is the top floor. Replay zone has no music playing, Astro masters floor just plays orchestral toy story.

Bairstow

Speaking of extinct in park recordings, I've tried contacting Disney about getting the audio from the old sound booth in DHS. The binaural headphone one where you are RJ Mcbean. I've found a low quality recording online but it loses the whole binaural effect of the original recording. Needless to say Disney was not interested in sharing the audio. I miss that experience so much.

How's this one?

Meleniumshane90

The only thing that seems to have unique music anymore is the top floor. Replay zone has no music playing, Astro masters floor just plays orchestral toy story.
There should be a series of re-imagined music played in the lobby & upstairs by the Alien ride. "You've got a friend in me", "Zero to Hero", and a bunch of others. Did you happen to get any recordings that you can upload somewhere? Dropbox/Google Drive/etc

Jediwhit82

Thank you all so much for trying to get this, I too have been looking for this since ithe closing was announced(the first closing) I tried recording a bit and got a lot of flushing and would try again, but the next time I can be at Disney Quest is July 2 so it would probably be pretty difficult. Everyone who can PLEASE post a link or something so we can find it as soon as it's recorded.

dreamfinder

I was told by someone to buy an "induction mic", which apparently doesn't record sound like a traditional mic, but records speaker vibrations. They sell them on Amazon that basically suction cup onto a speaker. I was thinking of using a Zoom portable recorder and the mic to record upstairs in that bathroom, but I'd feel like such a weirdo doing that. But there's not much time and we're running out of options.

If anyone manages to get audio, feel free to share a Dropbox or Google Drive link. I'm compiling everything I have & get so it will be mirrored online. I'm hoping to get full loops of all of the lobby music on my venture there & upload them in V0 / 320Kbps mp3 & FLAC.

Yeah, those work pretty good. Only downside is they usually end up recording in Mono, but you can get a real solid quality recording. And unlike just turning a recorder on anyplace and getting alot of ambient sound with the music, you need to get right next to the speaker and stay there for a while. So it can be tough to find a good speaker where you can camp out for a while.

Bairstow

I've often wondered what Disney's stance is on induction recording. I would imagine most cast members would have no idea what it is or the equipment is for, but seeing someone apply the microphones would surely arouse suspicion.

Scrungo

In the men's first floor restroom, they were playing some really heavy drum and bass. Someone get a recording on that.

Meleniumshane90

Yeah, those work pretty good. Only downside is they usually end up recording in Mono, but you can get a real solid quality recording. And unlike just turning a recorder on anyplace and getting alot of ambient sound with the music, you need to get right next to the speaker and stay there for a while. So it can be tough to find a good speaker where you can camp out for a while.
Unfortunately, the sound coming from those speakers in the building is going to be mono anyways. I was planning on sticking the mic on the speaker somehow and leaving the recorder. The suction cup on it won't work, so I'll have to figure something out. I live over 2 hours away, so making it out there is a task, especially when I don't know if this is going to work out.

Cmdr_Crimson

Whelp.....No Chance now folks...Unless someone who worked there was lucky to obtain source music somehow/someway.....It will never be heard from again....:(
giphy.gif

BCNHF

yeah sorry folks I had someone close to me pass away so I culdnt go. :( I do have the ambient audio I took from my iphone I can share. but it didnt realyl capture any music just arcade sounds

Jeff456

Very sad I'll miss it for sure shame it couldn't have held on a little longer so I could have gone one last time.

castmemberinformer

Original Poster
If you want something done right, do it yourself... Or in this case, pay someone to do it for you.

I knew this would happen. There just aren't enough people who care about this attraction to want to salvage the music. Heck, not many people even responded to this forum post until the 11th hour before the permanent closing of the Park (I'm just noticing today).
So I paid my brother's admission into the park if he'd document some things for me. He's a Disney historian like myself and currently lives a few miles from WDW. This was no small feet for either of us, since my wife and I are currently as poor as you can get without being homeless, and my brother doesn't have much time to spare with his job in Orlando. But this was worth it.

Sadly, he was only able to record one music loop from the 5th floor, and it's "meh" quality at best.

DISNEY QUEST 5TH FLOOR MUSIC LOOP:

https://mega.nz/#!BqB3GDYQ!LjDObSSkJLzyfpOe5Q_x3Zi-IDjbfDlQLOSXMB1iVMk
(If anyone has the skill to clean this up, let me know and I'll give you the original uncompressed WAV to work with)

But I still feel like he's a hero for trying. I'd have expected Inside the Magic or somebody to be on top of this. It's a bitter end to years of nostalgia to have such a faint memento, but better than none at all. I'd have liked to have the other music loop as well (similar, muzak versions of classic Disney soundtracks/songs). Thank goodness they used the Animal Kingdom soundtrack for the 1st floor music, as Quest was the first place I heard it and was overjoyed to get an official source copy.

If you think about it, Disney Quest has always been kind of a failed experiment since it opened (and the Chicago location crashed completely). We're extremely lucky it made it to the ripe old age of 19 (a good run for any Disney ride or attraction).
I raise a toast, to the best arcade ever built. Disney Quest will not be forgotten, but will be remembered with Horizons, The People Mover, 20,000 Leagues, and so many other classic attractions that came and went before it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom