Disney quest demolition watch

TwilightZone

It absolutely did and its entirely Disney's fault for not updating and maintaing the attraction.
Well I meant for the deconstruction. The building had a ton of room in it. I'm sure nba experience could have fit and used the building space well. Heck even if it wasn't nba, some big experience would have fit well in there. But for some reason, demolition was the way to go for disney. So much wasted potential lost there.

lazyboy97o

Well I meant for the deconstruction. The building had a ton of room in it. I'm sure nba experience could have fit and used the building space well. Heck even if it wasn't nba, some big experience would have fit well in there. But for some reason, demolition was the way to go for disney. So much wasted potential lost there.
It was a box. A big, plain box.

TwilightZone

It was a box. A big, plain box.
tenor.gif

roj2323

Anyone know what the Red stripes or for?
It's just an alignment mark for where the scaffolding will wrap the building. That's what all the little square holes are for as well. They will be tying the scaffolding into the structure of the building. Why they are going to all this trouble is beyond me though as I was of the understanding that the entire building was going to be demolished.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's just an alignment mark for where the scaffolding will wrap the building. That's what all the little square holes are for as well. They will be tying the scaffolding into the structure of the building. Why they are going to all this trouble is beyond me though as I was of the understanding that the entire building was going to be demolished.

Looks like the same approach they took with the Jack Sparrow building in DHS. Wrap it in scaffolding and then cut it apart piece by piece.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Why couldn’t they just implode the building?
They walkway with guests in place is 10 ft from the demolition site. They are starting from the backside and working towards the front. I Imagine the final front will probably come down in an overnight session without guests in the area.

TwilightZone

why didn't they keep that cool telescope like decoration? That was one of my favorite decorations in the park. Could have easily fit in epcot or tomorrowland.
(for reference:
then:

12041935165_48a4da134b_b.jpg

now:
Disney-Quest_Full_31393.jpg
)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom