Disney quest demolition watch

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I originally assumed that the holes cut in the walls were going to be used for scaffolding to take apart the sections of the building that were close to the guest areas but it's clear that's not the case. Wonder why those were needed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow! From these pics I'm guessing the building will be completely leveled come Saturday. Any idea when the NBA Experiece will start going up?

It was mentioned in another post that workers said the demolition should be done by Christmas. The building is coming down quick but there is a substantial foundation that has to be removed. I would expect NBA construction to start early next year.

Monorail Mike

I originally assumed that the holes cut in the walls were going to be used for scaffolding to take apart the sections of the building that were close to the guest areas but it's clear that's not the case. Wonder why those were needed.

The concrete was poured for the scaffolding but the lines and holes were not completed, so it looks like there was a change of plan. I think you’re right that the original idea was to follow the same de-construction method they used at DHS for the soundstage with scaffolding and a nice scrim, but instead they went for the “let’s get it down quick, that’ll save both time and money!” approach.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Um, though I’m a basketball guy, I am saddened by this. I hope this NBA thing really packs a punch.

I’m rooting for you Disney.

jkpmac

I haven't yet experienced Disney Springs, but Disney Quest was always a part of our itinerary when we went to Disney World. I am wondering what the draw will be now that it is gone.

Monorail Mike

Almost gone. (photo credit: Parks.jp on twitter)
DNZcTtvW4AMNN3_.jpg

rocketraccoon

Finally got a chance to head over. This is from yesterday. Didn't see them working or anything since it was pretty windy.

As per the image above, only the right side of this picture stayed up overnight.

Small bits of these swirls that make up the Mickey pattern were in the rubble, orange spray paint intact.

Some of the only identifiable decor that was left, which is gone now.

Just a bit of the remaining signage. It's weird what they kept behind and what they didn't. For example the exit signs got removed, but the fire alarms stayed. Odd.

And just some random images of the demolition. Not much was identifiably DisneyQuest anymore, and with the last bit of decor and main stairwell gone they're nearing the end of demolition. The building itself won't last the rest of the week.

From @LouMongello on Twitter: What the view looked like this morning.
DNZTLS1WkAAEIvS.jpg:medium

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Finally got a chance to head over. This is from yesterday. Didn't see them working or anything since it was pretty windy.

As per the image above, only the right side of this picture stayed up overnight.

Small bits of these swirls that make up the Mickey pattern were in the rubble, orange spray paint intact.

Just a bit of the remaining signage. It's weird what they kept behind and what they didn't. For example the exit signs got removed, but the fire alarms stayed. Odd.

And just some random images of the demolition. Not much was identifiably DisneyQuest anymore, and with the last bit of decor and main stairwell gone they're nearing the end of demolition. The building itself won't last the rest of the week.

Great pics and commentary. Thank you for posting.

THE Monorail Lime

"Say goodbye to the pain of the past"-not me I miss sum of all thrills even though I maybe could ride soon :) but Disney quest had bill nye in cyberspace mountain now no Disney ride other then dinosaur (via voice) has Bill nye.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
"Say goodbye to the pain of the past"-not me I miss sum of all thrills even though I maybe could ride soon :) but Disney quest had bill nye in cyberspace mountain now no Disney ride other then dinosaur (via voice) has Bill nye.
Bill Nye lost any last shred of dignity on April 21, 2017. Sadly, at this point - the less Bill Nye, the better.

At this point, Professor Proton has more credibility than Bill Nye. :hilarious:

3726BDC3-E80D-48C2-B9AB-95EC386DD932.jpeg
145E49C0-67E7-4762-AC9C-E198BEBEF03B.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom