Disney Quest Closing?

Capt. Jack

Original Poster
I've heard many rumors about this one because apparently Disney Quest wasn't making the money or anything they thought they would.

I heard that an ESPN Zone will be taking the place of this Indoor interactive aracade. If anything, they should take out the 'Make-Your-Own' rollar coasters, & put them in Tomorrowland seeing as that seemed to be one of the most popular things in Disney Quest.

I've also heard that somewhere on the Disney property, a Disney Themed BOWLING ALLEY will come about. I actually came up with this idea & submitted it in to Disney Corporation, I don't know if they had the idea in mind already or if it was me, but. :p

WDWCMAmanda

Disney Quest is slated to close in about two years...
but then again...this is a rumor that has been around for quite a while.

The Boardwalk is no longer big enough to hold ESPN so yes, that has been rumored to be taking Disney Quests place...

With they new plans for PI and Downtown Disney, I wouldn't be surprised to see this change happen

rainfully

I've long said there should be a bowling alley on Disney property somewhere. It would have to be HUGE!!! But I come from the bowling capital of the world... :lol:

NeedABreak

I keep hearing this rumor and it never turns out to be ture but it scares me everytime. ESPN has nothing to offer to me.

Arcade Games > Sports

But maybe thats just cuz I am a child of the 80's

-SIR-

I certainly hope Disneyquest won't close and I dont think it will. but I have heard about plans for putting a bowling alley where the rocknroll beach club stood in pleasure island allthough I don't know how much credibility that rumor has.

AndreainNY

I have been hearing this rumor for some time now as well. I keep hoping it is not true but I guess we won't really know until it is announced! DisneyQuest is my son's nirvana - all games - NO TOKENS!!! If he could live there, he would!!

jedimaster1227

Actually, DisneyQuest isn't set to close any time soon. In fact, DisneyQuest execs are eying the chance to put in a new restaurant inside of the DisneyQuest facility (not replacing it).

As for the Bowling alley, that was supposed to go in Pleasure Island. At the moment, that doesn't look like it will happen.

bayoutinkbelle

I hope it doesn't close. My son and I visited at least four times on our last trip. Like Andrea's son, my son is crazy about the place. I had to drag him out several times.

And, of course, I loved all the 80s games 'cause I grew up playing them. :D

We're not into sports much, so it wouldn't hold much or anything for us if ESPN took it over.

WDWCMAmanda

Actually, DisneyQuest isn't set to close any time soon. In fact, DisneyQuest execs are eying the chance to put in a new restaurant inside of the DisneyQuest facility (not replacing it).

As for the Bowling alley, that was supposed to go in Pleasure Island. At the moment, that doesn't look like it will happen.

There has been word that they are going to be pulling the Cheesecake Factory out of DisneyQuest and replacing it...
That is slated to happen even if DQ will be closing...

jedimaster1227

There has been word that they are going to be pulling the Cheesecake Factory out of DisneyQuest and replacing it...
That is slated to happen even if DQ will be closing...

DisneyQuest will be getting something new in the form of a restaurant on that floor, but the complex will still be DisneyQuest, and it will still be open. We have looked pretty far into this after the news came out. I even published an article about the findings of our research a few months back.

DisneyQuest isn't in as much of a financial situation as you think. It really is pulling in its (updated) expected revenue each quarter and while some attractions seem to be falling apart, others are viewed upon as worthy for other parks in WDW.

WDWCMAmanda

DisneyQuest will be getting something new in the form of a restaurant on that floor, but the complex will still be DisneyQuest, and it will still be open. We have looked pretty far into this after the news came out. I even published an article about the findings of our research a few months back.

DisneyQuest isn't in as much of a financial situation as you think. It really is pulling in its (updated) expected revenue each quarter and while some attractions seem to be falling apart, others are viewed upon as worthy for other parks in WDW.

I think it would be a shame for DQ to close. It's a great draw but it does need some referbing.
I'm just staying what I know from being down here in the world...

jedimaster1227

I think it would be a shame for DQ to close. It's a great draw but it does need some referbing.

Very true! The concept of DisneyQuest was always great, but the execution of that concept never really happened. That is why all of the attractions in DisneyQuest were made to be modular-so that they could be changed and updated often. In other words, there was always something new to be seen (in concept) when you went. That never really happened.

I'm just staying what I know from being down here in the world...

Same here. Hope you don't think I'm being mean, just saying what I know from here too. Don't you just love living near Disney? :D

WDWCMAmanda

Very true! The concept of DisneyQuest was always great, but the execution of that concept never really happened. That is why all of the attractions in DisneyQuest were made to be modular-so that they could be changed and updated often. In other words, there was always something new to be seen (in concept) when you went. That never really happened.

Same here. Hope you don't think I'm being mean, just saying what I know from here too. Don't you just love living near Disney? :D

No I don't think you're being mean....I love going to work at Disney everyday;) But there's a lot you can learn just from being in the area;)

jedimaster1227

I love going to work at Disney everyday;) But there's a lot you can learn just from being in the area;)

That is great the you enjoy your job so much! I have met cast members that just hate their jobs (and have told me so). Disney is just one of those places where everyone can be happy and that is one of the million reasons why it is so great!

Being in Disney every week definitely has its perks. :animwink:

rbrower

I have never been to Disney Quest because I personally would like to spend more time in the parks than there. Sorry if you don't agree with me. I am just saying that I have never been.

WDWCMAmanda

That is great the you enjoy your job so much! I have met cast members that just hate their jobs (and have told me so). Disney is just one of those places where everyone can be happy and that is one of the million reasons why it is so great!

Being in Disney every week definitely has its perks. :animwink:

I'm not gonna lie, I have to work a lot of hours to pull it off but I wouldn't trade it. But then agan, it takes a certain type of person. You can't look at Disney as a job....it's a way of life. If you view it as just a job, just a paycheck...then you won't be happy

slappy magoo

I actually enjoy DQ a lot, though I definitely feel that it falls far short of its potential. Of course it helps that my fiancee is so pale and pasty, it's the one Disney-related location we can really enjoy without slathering on the sunscreen :lol:

I suspect, even if it was built modularly as jedimaster1227 indicated, that the drop-off in attendance after 9/11 put the kibosh on any majot overhaul of DQ. And now, it seems so out-of-date in so many ways that the Suits have been holding off doing anything to it until they figure out THE most cost-effective way to get anything done. And meanwhile, it becomes even more outdated with each passing day. My fiancee and I could see a precipitous drop in quality there in our three trips over the course of a year. Our last trip (8/05), the place smelled and looked like it was about to go out of business. Moldy, musty, carpets withered, lights burned out...it seemed like it had become the red-headed stepchild of WDW. Which, as we all know, is Innoventions' job. :eek:

Don't know whether I trust jedimaster1227 at his word (no offense dude, but until I see a press release about ANYTHING Disney-related, I take it all with a healthy dose of skepticism), but I do know I'd be kinda bummed if DQ went the way of the dodo and Joannie Loves Chachi. Like your brilliant but drug-addicted ex-con uncle, nothing would make me happier than for this course to be turned around and for DQ to make something of itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom