Disney Quest Closing?

Simba1

The only time I've ever heard that it was closing was when I read Jim Hill's article. Personally, I would not be saddened to see this go for something I little more advanced and full of the "Disney magic." The last time I was there, I didn't feel the magic at all.

chaggy102

I doubt he'll be able to disclose his sources, but I can attest that he has been reliable in the past.

Extremely reliable in the past...getting back to a post 2 up...the ESPN Zone in Orlando is not like anyother ESPN Zone...the other ones are not as noisy...

~Chag

Number_6

Extremely reliable in the past...getting back to a post 2 up...the ESPN Zone in Orlando is not like anyother ESPN Zone...the other ones are not as noisy...

~Chag

The one in Orlando is the ESPN Club, which when I worked at Boardwalk they drilled into our heads was something totally different than ESPN Zone. Having not been to ESPN Zone, I really couldn't tell you what the differences are, though... :lol:

jedimaster1227

Extremely reliable in the past...

Not attempting to defend myself, but defending what someone else said. Considering that you haven't been here very long, I don't think you could make such a challenging question (if that is what it was meant to be taken as). :shrug:

The only time I've ever heard that it was closing was when I read Jim Hill's article. Personally, I would not be saddened to see this go for something I little more advanced and full of the "Disney magic." The last time I was there, I didn't feel the magic at all.

They aren't closing anytime soon. The last time I checked (which was about 3 weeks ago), a new restaurant for the complex was in the works (and it wasn't anything ESPN related).

goofyfan13

~Chag

I suggest you do some research before you try and belittle a credible member seeing as you've been here for what, about 3 months? Those of us that have been here for years have seen him post, and there is no reason to not believe him.

Maybe the words "in the past" were misunderstood, but he has been a credible member over the past few years, and will be in the future. If there was any confusion I hope that clears it up.

And maybe I'm misunderstanding what you posted, so correct me if I'm wrong.

the-reason14

Disneyquest is not suppose to be a magical experience, what is magical about playing games? If it isnt something that pleases you, then simply dont go.

I enjoy going to DQ and hope that it will never go. I really like playing the baskeball game.

jedimaster1227

Disneyquest is not suppose to be a magical experience, what is magical about playing games? If it isnt something that pleases you, then simply dont go.

I enjoy going to DQ and hope that it will never go. I really like playing the baskeball game.

Actually it was meant to. Its somewhat poor attendance rate, run down conditions and lack of new exhibits caused the magic to end. I still love it though...

I went to espn Zone in baltimore and it was great. But DQ is way better ez is just a room filled with sports themed games you can find at any arcade. Dq has the disney magic and i hope it will never go.

teej

It's not something I enjoyed when I went really...We got the entrance included on our 14 day ticket and it killed a few hours....I can see why kids love it...I don't see it being a problem being open.

jedimaster1227

The Cheesecake Factory leaving DisneyQuest
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2008/03/the-cheesecake.html#more

After 10 years as the source of burgers, salads, cheesecakes and other food at DisneyQuest, The Cheesecake Factory is pulling out of Walt Disney World's five-story, high-tech arcade in Downtown Disney.
The Cheesecake Factory Express restaurant there will be transformed into a Disney-owned and operated counter-service eatery called FoodQuest in late May. The California-based Cheesecake company informed state officials that its 55 employees in Downtown Disney would be laid off, though all may apply for new jobs at other Cheesecake locations, and at the new FoodQuest and other Disney World restaurants.
Cheesecake senior vice president Howard Gordon said his company signed on back when Disney had considered building many DisneyQuests, with The Cheesecake Factory Expresses inside, around the country. When that did not happen, Cheesecake wound up with an "express" prototype at Disney World, but without plans to build more like it. So Cheesecake officials decided to withdraw from DisneyQuest when the 10-year lease expired.
A DisneyQuest ticket costs $31 for children ages 3-9 and $37 for ages 10 and up.
There's been talk over the past couple of years that Disney World plans to close DisneyQuest and replace it with an ESPN Zone. Disney has strongly denied the talk in the past, noting that in 2006 the company spent millions to upgrade DisneyQuest. The rumors continue though. A Disney spokeswoman said the restaurant change indicates nothing except a change in operators of the restaurant.
The new menu will be similar to what is offered now, she said.

Like I said earlier... Things will all start to fall into place. :animwink:

Disneyfan1981

Eh. Cheesecake Factory doesn't really leave me thinking the end is near for DQ. I guarantee another eatery will take its place soon or Disney will just cut out the middleman and make it generic.

DisneySaint

I've long said there should be a bowling alley on Disney property somewhere. It would have to be HUGE!!! But I come from the bowling capital of the world... :lol:

I've been saying this for years as well. A bowling alley, skating rink, and billiards all at the WWoS complex. It would be genius.

DisneyMusician2

Have we been looking at similar threads for years, or is it just the same one resurrected?

IF DQ closes at this point, bring it on. I just want to know what is going to replace it other than a bowling alley I would never use or an ESPN Zone that I could visit in my home town.

Sabrefan14

I've been saying this for years as well. A bowling alley, skating rink, and billiards all at the WWoS complex. It would be genius.

Yeah a skating rink would be a nice touch, The wwos has all the major sports at the complex except hockey, they might be able to attract a team such as the Tampa Bay Lightning to use it as a Training Camp Facility similar to the Atlanta Braves and Tampa Bay Bucs. Plus they could hold youth games at the rink and have opening skating at certain times during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom